Photo

Ask Me about RP!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Onasaki

Onasaki

Dire Wolf

• 2,286 posts

Paragraph style is fine. Posting one-to-two lines when in the midst of Dialogue should also be fine. It doesn't have to break away from base paragraph form, it'll just be a quicker way to reply without needing to do an action.

Monologuing is good though, too.

• Amadaun and Sue like this
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my Hell.

"To Fall is a quiet thing, but far more terrible... is to admit it." -Darth Traya

Posted Image

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,840 posts

Okay, just reread things now that my brain is working and it sounds like spaceport? Can we still do paragraph style? I really like paragraph style. :)

Would you guys mind taking a look at my rough write-up and seeing about making it more coherent and a bit more polished?

Link me to that write up?  (I forgot where we left off with that.  I've been babysitting for days.  I have to get up at 6am for babysitting tomorrow.   I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS.)

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
Link: http://www.theassimi...e-2#entry352005

It's very rough!

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
*pokes*

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,840 posts

Whoops!

Okay, I've just written a general description of the system, asteroid, and facility on the asteroid along with the mentioning of our current planet. I'll try to get it typed up soon but here's the general idea I went with: the system is a living being with a mind of its and the asteroid facility is a combination mining facility, travel hub, tourist district, and city (I haven't described the facility much other than arrival area, I'm not good at creating cities :P).

For the arrival area, we've got a landing pad and a checkpoint. The landing pad is flanked by two buildings: one is a teleportation hub and the other is a series of doors with a gateway in the dead center. The doors each lead to a different spatial dimension while the gateway is the centerpiece of the room and provides a way for anyone who travels via other means to arrive. It doesn't redirect people when they enter a portal, just gives them an option allowing for them to go straight to a different place in the system if they wish.

The system lies in an area in which the space-time continuum is unstable, allowing it to exist anywhere and everywhere. It is a young system with only one planet and various satellites but desires more.

Let's add some more stuff in the hub for people.  It helps to have a place for all the characters to interact in before they think up a good adventure.

We can also think up a handful of characters who work there to flesh it out.  The way we handled that in the Inn was to make up a staff that anyone could play.  So...a Customs officer, for example.  Maybe a scientist who maintains the Hub.  The owner of a hostel where people can sleep.  Things like that.

*thinks some more*

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
What about a malevolent AI that maintains the refreshments dispenser?
  • Amadaun likes this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,628 posts
:popcorn:
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,840 posts

What about a malevolent AI that maintains the refreshments dispenser?

*pictures HK-47 as a barista*

*laughs maniacally* 

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
Let me see what I can write up!

Onasaki

Onasaki

Dire Wolf

• 2,286 posts

"Query: Would you like a refreshment, meatbag?" "Sure." *follows up with several blaster bolts to the chest* "Comment: Yes, that was very refreshing."

• Amadaun likes this
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my Hell.

"To Fall is a quiet thing, but far more terrible... is to admit it." -Darth Traya

Posted Image

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten! I'm still busy reconfiguring my furniture arrangement but I'll be done in just another day or so!

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
Furniture has been moved so I'm now slowly getting back to work. Do we want the AI as a robot or integrated into the system? The former would probably be easier to interact with but the latter could prove more dynamic.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
*pokes*

Any preference or should I just pick one?

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,840 posts

Missed this!

I don't have a preference, so just pick one - we can always change it later if it doesn't work out.  :D  That's the cool thing about RP.

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,187 posts
Works for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users