• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
AndalayBay

Updates and Announcements - May 2017

Ack! I already have to Ctrl+A on AFK to read text for longer than 10 minutes without getting migraines (blue on white is better than grey on black to me). Nothing against Arthmoor of-course, I'm probably one of 20 or so ppl on the entire web that likes black on white. Though I do have to keep my screen brightness turned way down. lol Anyway, I'd like to express my EXTREME gratitude that you're going to still have a light theme!!!

Edited by RavenMind

We will continue to have a light theme. At this point, we will have a light theme, a dark theme and possibly two alternatives that will suit other situations. I'm guessing that VM will cater to people visiting with mobile devices and I don't know what Vincent plans.

4 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

We will continue to have a light theme. At this point, we will have a light theme, a dark theme and possibly two alternatives that will suit other situations. I'm guessing that VM will cater to people visiting with mobile devices and I don't know what Vincent plans.

Nope, mainly my eyesight. My eyes are weird and do best with a brownish- or greenish-grey with off-white text. Did I mention my eyes are weird? :P

6 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

It is soooo tempting to change it to black background with black text...

Then what is it that's stopping you from doing that.

Like Amadaun I can't stand the white background it hurt my eyes.

18 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I don't know what Vincent plans.

Was just planning on making one that looks as close as possible to the old one.

Yes, I was hoping it could be reskinned to look like the old one. It's not just that I prefer the old look (which I do), but I find bright screens hard to concentrate on late at night. Since I have a window behind the screen, white background is fine during the day, it's a matter of contrast... (Apparently, using bright screens late at night might be contributing to a lot of sleep disturbance and insomnia, but I can't claim that, have Master-level sleeping skills.)

But, if there are options, how about a bit of Myspace nostalgia - animated gif backgrounds, anyone?

Edited by tegeusCromis

47 minutes ago, tegeusCromis said:

But, if there are options, how about a bit of Myspace nostalgia - animated gif backgrounds, anyone?

Wouldn't an animated background decrease the performance of the server?

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Wouldn't an animated background decrease the performance of the server?

Surely, even if true, that would be a small price to pay for such magnificence? ;)

[Yeah, I know gif animations are actually client-side. But maybe could use a bit of push technology to send ever such really really big ones. WITh ExTRa CoLLors!!1!!!1!!!!]

Edited by tegeusCromis

I also think the site should use a much wider variety of fonts, including Papyrus for body copy (with a Comic Sans option for that Myspace period look).

Then there's the green-on-black Courier look for the Geocities diehards...

Edited by tegeusCromis

56K? Lucky. I was thrilled to upgrade to a 14.4! I could actually keep up on most BBS's at the time, and soon made a local one of my own. Parents were not happy about that. (Though I think my dad was secretly proud, lol.)

Edited by RavenMind

I kind of live out there, but you must really live in the sticks.  What type of internet service do you have now?  The best option I have now is 3.3mbps DSL.  I could go with satellite or a 4G LTE service, but, though they offer faster service, they have data limits.  And I'm a gamer, and more and more modern (read 40+GB) games are only available via download.  Utah is a big state with some pretty rural areas...

I can never remember which is which, is mbps the download speed you actually see, or is that your ISP's claimed connection speed (meaning divide by 8 to get your actual download speed)?