• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
AndalayBay

Updates and Announcements - May 2017

Oh, I meant back in the day. Maybe, 1993ish. I'm in the Salt Lake metro area so I've got pretty decent speeds, but the vast majority of the state (in therms of area) is rural. Luckily there's an old law that obligates the local phone company run a phone line to anyone's house, regardless of where they live. My father used to work for them & had stories about lone old hermits 150 miles from the nearest town getting thousands of dollars worth of infrastructure put in just to run them a phone line. I get about 40 Mbps on local Starbucks Wifi. Can't remember what I get at home, but it's much faster.

I know with dial-up you meant back in the pre-broadband days.  I was wondering about now because Utah has some pretty rural areas--I was wondering if you lived in one of those rural areas.  But Salt Lake City is a big metropolitan area.  No doubt you have your choice of the cream of the crop of internet services.

Also, great theme, Vincent!  Much easier on the eyes than nuclear blast white.

I really like the new theme, however I find it extremely difficult to tell which forums or threads have unread posts, bold pink text looks exactly the same as pink text to me, any chance that forums/threads containing unread posts could be in red text instead of pink?

That's fine if there are no sub-forums, but when there are, you only know that either the main forum or at least one sub-forum have unread posts. Then I have to squint to identify which pink text is in bold.

There's also the unread content link at the top of the forums and the Topics section in the right pane shows all recent updates, not just new topics.

I will pass your request to Vincent.

There's also a small dot that shows up next to unread sub-forums. It's easier to see with the white theme. I've asked Vincent to see if he can find the element and lighten the colour.

Vincent made the requested changes to the Assimilation theme and I have uploaded it. You may need to do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 in Windows) to see the updates.

Now that we're settled for now, my focus will be on getting the server OS upgraded. Once the OS is upgraded, I'll get SSL set up. We will continue to evaluate new forum software, but our license doesn't expire until January, so we have lots of time. I'm going to be quite busy in RL for the next couple of weeks.