Sue

I've just ordered a new PC!

My current PC's was built in Oct 2010 by a company called Chillblast.  I had to replace the graphics card just over 2 years later, but my current card and specification has done very well over the years.

Sadly, my graphics card is no longer supported and, because of how components have changed/improved etc.,  if I replaced it my CPU is not going to cope.   Also, components don't last forever and approaching 7 years is darn good going in my book.

So I've just ordered my next gaming PC.

I've gone for a Chillblast Fusion Wolf 3 and upgraded the spec in certain areas e.g I upgraded the OS  drive from 250 to 500GB and the secondary hard drive to 3TB.  Here's the spec:

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 4.2 - 4.5GHz

Overclocking: Overclock my CPU by up to 20%

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Windowed Case - Black

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics Card

Case Lighting: Not selected

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste: Prolimatech PK-3 Nano Particle Thermal Paste

Case Cooling: Fractal Venturi HP-12 PWM fans x 2 (I've been given these as a free upgrade with VA in mind)

Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270I GAMING Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

OS Drive: 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive

Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate 3TB BarraCuda 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 80 PLUS Bronze 750W Modular PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Oh I am so excited.  :celebration:

Edited by Sue
  • Like 2

*averts gaze*

*must not be tempted to replace 6 year 5 month old gaming PC even though GPU support ended two years ago*

*wants a new gaming PC*

*dammit avert gaze!*

• Like 1

*averts gaze*

*must not be tempted to replace 6 year 5 month old gaming PC even though GPU support ended two years ago*

*wants a new gaming PC*

*dammit avert gaze!*

Mine's 6 years and 8 months, but I've had a blue screen which was due to the graphics card driver failing.  Because of that, I decided to act before it all went kaput.  That said, I can highly recommend Chillblast.  They do a range of models and prices, plus their before and aftercare service is excellent.

I've custom built my own PCs since 2001, so that I can pick my own components and buy from more than one store. Next time I do upgrade, I'll be reusing my current case and at least one of the SSD hard drives, so I couldn't go with a pre-built anyway!

I do really want to upgrade, but so far no game I've tried to play has exceeded this PC's ability to play on full graphic settings (I rarely play the most recent releases) so I'm forbidding myself. But I do want...

I wish I could build my own, but my level of knowledge is just above basic and my hands aren't up to it.

That said, I didn't just jump in and buy.  I researched Intel and AMD processor's then spent over 2 hours discussing the differences between the two, and the impact upon each of upgrading the motherboard then overclocking, with a guy called Tig at Chillblast.  I then examined what else I could do to upgrade/improve them using what was compatible and available - discussing with Tig the impact upon the overall performance of the PC.  Prior to speaking with Chillblast, I sought advice from a friend who does build his own.  So I did my best to make certain I didn't enter into the discussion uninformed or, purchase a gaming PC blinkered.  For me, it's an investment which has be correct for what I want to do and, it has to last. 

My task this evening is to back up all the writing files and photos I want to keep, just in case I wake up tomorrow to a blue or black screen!

Mine is awesome I love it!

It lights up too it's like Christmas tree inside haha. 

Oh I forgot to mention that I have a RAID system inside my OS

Edited by TheDarkListener34