• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

Old Game Music

Posted (edited)

Old Game Music. Looking for midi files of old inns, taverns, or street music that struck a chord while you were playing. Fun, jingly sounding stuff or rustic thems or just reg exploring music.

For example selections from Lufia. But there is better. Sorcerian or Zeliard or anything at that site. Pure gold.

(Obs: Moderation rights are not able to make post edits invisible)

Edited by Schtearn

I have 192 MIDI files from Atari games. I also have 1942 YM files from Atari games. Anything from an Ultima title makes me smile.

Yeah, apparently some Atari games have been made open source. But the YM files are interesting: guessing it's something like the emulator for Windows.
As a matter of interest, here's an updated list of open source games whose musical assets, as far as I know, can be shared freely. And distributing arranged or altered copyrighted midi files like the fine ones here is discussed at WikiLegal.
Most Final Fantasy originals are superior to the arrangements, unfortunately.

The Kingdom of Hearts has a lotta stuff, suspect there has been lots of kisses blown in the direction of the copyright holders. :P