• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
philtrum

Status of TES3Edit?

Is development still ongoing for this project, or has it been pretty much dropped? If it's still active, who's working on it?

The only thing I could gather about it from searching is that there was difficulty forking xEdit for Morrowind because of the latter's lack of FormIDs. Is this the only major obstacle, or are there more issues as well?

To put it lightly, I have an extremely limited skillset, but if someone is still working on this and can find a use for me I don't mind pitching in. I have no clue what I could do, but I am good at menial/repetitive tasks.

Posted (edited)

To be honest I don't know what status this project has, maybe Arthmoor have the latest information about TES3Edit.

Edited by Leonardo

Well Sharl frequents AFK Mods these days, so you might try asking there, although their focus has been on Skyrim. Wrinkly has moved on to Skyrim as well.

I know as much as you guys about the status of that. Best to ask Sharlikran.

Thanks. I found Sharlikran on AFK and sent a PM, if I get a response I'll update the thread.

Posted (edited)

Because of some real life changes, work, family, and my mothers health I prefer not to be sent any PMs.

There is no TES3Edit because it doesn't use FormIDs like all the other games so the core programing of xEdit breaks.  I have rough drafts of the records, they need some fine tuning, but until Zilav and Hlp can update the core code there won't be a release.  I'm excited you asked, I would like to resurrect Morrowind modding, but so that people don't ask every month or year, once it's released everyone can rejoice.  Until then, no need to ask for an update.

Edited by Sharlikran

Thanks for the info, Sharlikran. Sometimes life does gang up on you, and I wish you and your mother all the best under no doubt painful circumstances.

My offer to help with the project stands, in my limited capacity. Maybe I'll even have cultivated some useful skills by the time active development resumes.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if OpenMW assigns FormIDs?

Seems highly unlikely that they would change anything about the format of mod files because it would render all existing mods useless.

Yeah, I think that's true.  They have a wiki over there that lists some vanilla Morrowind mods that are compatible with OpenMW, so they didn't reinvent the wheel.  Some mods are not compatible, so they did make some changes.