• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Oblivion Reloaded Compatibility Questions

This topic was split off from the original topic about not playing Knights of the Nine. The OP asked about Oblivion Reloaded's compatibility with other mods.

Re. Oblivion Reloaded: It will break Oblivion XP though, so you'll need to remove Ob XP if you want to use it. There are some ini settings with regard to levelling and sleeping that you can try disabling, but you might have to ask on the OR forums what those are. If you find them and disable them, then Ob XP should work. If you do get it working, I'd love to know what the ini settings are and I will include that info the Ob XP documentation.

Edited by AndalayBay

Yes.  From what I've read, it will break ObXP.  It could be an easy fix, I don't know.  I don't run ObXP so don't really look into fixing things with it.

Yes.  From what I've read, it will break ObXP.  It could be an easy fix, I don't know.  I don't run ObXP so don't really look into fixing things with it.

The way I see it is that Alenet has the responsibility to change the default settings in OR, but something tells me that it will never happen.  So in this case you're on own to manually fix it by changing the settings yourself.

Edited by Leonardo

--but there is nothing that does what it does in the community.

I am curious what OR does exactly.  I mean I know it makes water look much better and overall makes the graphics look nicer, and adds horse combat, but I have also read some rather vague things about stability and performance improvements, but I haven't been able to understand exactly what it does in that regard and whether it really is compatible with ENBoost or if you are better off choosing one or the other.  Admittingly, I have trouble understanding the author since he talks on a different plane than I do, but I have had a hard time deciphering whether and to what extent OR will improve performance and stability in a heavily modded game.  

I tried it a while back but decided to wait for it to be finished, and now am trying to decide if it is worth it for me to join his site to download.  I have a heavily modded game and would be more interested in performance enhancements than graphical enhancements.  I use Realistic Leveling so no issues there ( I hope).

He has re-uploaded it to Nexus. I'm not sure if it's the most current version though. It's now more of an overhaul that conflicts with Oblivion XP. I think there are some ini settings that would disable the offending bits, but I haven't gotten a clear answer on what those are.

I am curious what OR does exactly.  I mean I know it makes water look much better and overall makes the graphics look nicer, and adds horse combat, but I have also read some rather vague things about stability and performance improvements, but I haven't been able to understand exactly what it does in that regard and whether it really is compatible with ENBoost or if you are better off choosing one or the other.  Admittingly, I have trouble understanding the author since he talks on a different plane than I do, but I have had a hard time deciphering whether and to what extent OR will improve performance and stability in a heavily modded game.  

I tried it a while back but decided to wait for it to be finished, and now am trying to decide if it is worth it for me to join his site to download.  I have a heavily modded game and would be more interested in performance enhancements than graphical enhancements.  I use Realistic Leveling so no issues there ( I hope).

You should read the description; it can tell you better than anyone.  I will say, for me, it's performance enhancements are negligible.  But he has some settings for a performance boost that I, admittedly, don't use.

Like other people I don't know much about what OR does, but I notice one thing that stand out in comparison to the old OBGE and what I mean is that OR also change some stuff in the game in-game e.g put a shield on to the back, alter a few things when level up. 

So if Realistic Leveling touches anything when level up e.g sleep in a bed then the Realistic Leveling has exactly same issue as Oblivion XP have, meaning you can't level up properly in-game when using OR along with Oblivion XP.

You can't use Realistic Levelling with Oblivion XP, but people understand that since it's obviously an alternative levelling mod. The problem with OR is that we don't expect it to touch that and I think it's beyond the scope of OR.

You can't use Realistic Levelling with Oblivion XP, but people understand that since it's obviously an alternative levelling mod. The problem with OR is that we don't expect it to touch that and I think it's beyond the scope of OR.

If your post was a comment about my post then you misunderstood me, because I thought Turija wanted to use OR at the same time he had Realistic Leveling active.

RL works fine with OR--I use them both.  I've never used OXP, so I don't know exactly what isn't compatible.  It's probably something minor with the sleeping requirement changes made by OR.  Does XP require you to sleep to level up?

RL works fine with OR--I use them both.  I've never used OXP, so I don't know exactly what isn't compatible.  It's probably something minor with the sleeping requirement changes made by OR.  Does XP require you to sleep to level up?

That's interesting.  Last time you played with both RL and OR active, were you able to wait a hour in any cell regardless what quest you had active?

From what I understand, no Oblivion XP does not require you to sleep.  But since Oblivion XP are using the Sleep variable when level up which OR alter, so it is that what makes OR incompatible with Oblivion XP.  Anda can correct me if I am wrong.

Nope. It sets setPCMajorSkillUps to trigger the regular level-up process once you've accumulated enough experience points to gain a level. In fact we had to add some code so that if the player does sleep, the level-up screen will open. The primary level-up mechanism in Ob XP is a button on the Character Stats screen that shows the PC's level during regular play and switched to say "Click to Level Up" once the PC has enough experience to level.

When players try to run OR with Ob XP, the "Click to Level Up" button doesn't do anything. They can't open the level-up screen. I'm not sure what happens if they try to sleep. I've had reports that the screen opens and closes again.

I'll split these posts into a separate thread. We've gone off-topic. :)

Nope. It sets setPCMajorSkillUps to trigger the regular level-up process once you've accumulated enough experience points to gain a level. In fact we had to add some code so that if the player does sleep, the level-up screen will open. The primary level-up mechanism in Ob XP is a button on the Character Stats screen that shows the PC's level during regular play and switched to say "Click to Level Up" once the PC has enough experience to level.

When players try to run OR with Ob XP, the "Click to Level Up" button doesn't do anything. They can't open the level-up screen. I'm not sure what happens if they try to sleep. I've had reports that the screen opens and closes again.

Ah, I was mistaken then.

As I recall it that button is jammed and IIRC I couldn't level up after I slept in a bed, but that was a few of years ago so I could be wrong about that.

Hmm, sounds like OR is interfering with the stats menu then.  Why would it do that?  I think I'm going to ask Alenet if he's ever looked into it.  Maybe he knows  precisely why it breaks it.  You can fix it from there?

I have been told that it can be fixed via ini settings, but nobody has told me precisely what those are. If you can tell me which ini settings disable the features that are interfering, I'll add that to the Ob XP documentation. I think it's something to do with requiring sleeping to level and possibly something about waiting, but I'm not entirely sure. Waiting doesn't affect Ob XP and you can wait anywhere according to the original game rules with Ob XP, even if you're ready to level, so I don't know what's up with that, if anything.

I'd appreciate it if you could ask Alenet. I downloaded OR but didn't see anything obvious. I need to start a new Oblivion game to do some updates to Ob XP and AN, but I've been busy with Skyrim lately. I promised Vincent some help with his mod and he's literally been waiting years. :D

Oh oh.  A Skyrim modder.  Cool.  I didn't know you were familiar with Papyrus.  I guess it's easy enough to get used to the syntax.  I've never really bothered looking.  Legacy isn't far off, I'm sure.

I have been told that it can be fixed via ini settings, but nobody has told me precisely what those are.

Well here it is the whole OR.ini for OR 4.2.1.  I am not sure if anything there has changed or not, so take it for what it is.

; Oblivion Reloaded configuration file for the esp (v4.2.1).

; NOTE: This file manages only the esp's features (realized by the CSE scripting).

; Use the OblivionReloaded.ini in the OBSE plugin folder to manage the plugin's options.

; Hotkeys. Use the "Dec" value from the list below.

; Hex  Dec  Button

; 0x01     1  Escape

; 0x02     2  1

; 0x03     3  2

; 0x04     4  3

; 0x05     5  4

; 0x06     6  5

; 0x07     7  6

; 0x08     8  7

; 0x09     9  8

; 0x0A    10  9

; 0x0B    11  0

; 0x0C    12  Minus

; 0x0D    13  Equals

; 0x0E    14  Backspace

; 0x0F    15  Tab

; 0x10    16  Q

; 0x11    17  W

; 0x12    18  E

; 0x13    19  R

; 0x14    20  T

; 0x15    21  Y

; 0x16    22  U

; 0x17    23  I

; 0x18    24  O

; 0x19    25  P

; 0x1A    26  Left Bracket

; 0x1B    27  Right Bracket

; 0x1C    28  Enter

; 0x1D    29  Left Control

; 0x1E    30  A

; 0x1F    31  S

; 0x20    32  D

; 0x21    33  F

; 0x22    34  G

; 0x23    35  H

; 0x24    36  J

; 0x25    37  K

; 0x26    38  L

; 0x27    39  Semicolon

; 0x28    40  Apostrophe

; 0x29    41  ~ (Console)

; 0x2A    42  Left Shift

; 0x2B    43  Back Slash

; 0x2C    44  Z

; 0x2D    45  X

; 0x2E    46  C

; 0x2F    47  V

; 0x30    48  B

; 0x31    49  N

; 0x32    50  M

; 0x33    51  Comma

; 0x34    52  Period

; 0x35    53  Forward Slash  

; 0x36    54  Right Shift

; 0x37    55  NUM*

; 0x38    56  Left Alt

; 0x39    57  Spacebar

; 0x3A    58  Caps Lock

; 0x3B    59  F1

; 0x3C    60  F2

; 0x3D    61  F3

; 0x3E    62  F4

; 0x3F    63  F5

; 0x40    64  F6

; 0x41    65  F7

; 0x42    66  F8

; 0x43    67  F9

; 0x44    68  F10

; 0x45    69  Num Lock

; 0x46    70  Scroll Lock

; 0x47    71  NUM7

; 0x48    72  NUM8

; 0x49    73  NUM9

; 0x4A    74  NUM-

; 0x4B    75  NUM4

; 0x4C    76  NUM5

; 0x4D    77  NUM6

; 0x4E    78  NUM+

; 0x4F    79  NUM1

; 0x50    80  NUM2

; 0x51    81  NUM3

; 0x52    82  NUM0

; 0x53    83  NUM.

; 0x57    87  F11

; 0x58    88  F12

; 0x9C   156  NUM Enter

; 0x9D   157  Right Control

; 0xB5   181  NUM/

; 0xB8   184  Right Alt

; 0xC7   199  Home

; 0xC8   200  Up Arrow

; 0xC9   201  PgUp

; 0xCB   203  Left Arrow

; 0xCD   205  Right Arrow

; 0xCF   207  End

; 0xD0   208  Down Arrow

; 0xD1   209  PgDown

; 0xD2   210  Insert

; 0xD3   211  Delete

; 0x100  256  Left Mouse Button

; 0x101  257  Right Mouse Button

; 0x102  258  Middle/Wheel Mouse Button

; 0x103  259  Mouse Button 3

; 0x104  260  Mouse Button 4

; 0x105  261  Mouse Button 5

; 0x106  262  Mouse Button 6

; 0x107  263  Mouse Button 7

; 0x108  264  Mouse Wheel Up

; 0x109  265  Mouse Wheel Down

; ------------------------------------------

; --------- Loader configuration -----------

; Enables/disables the memory purger (cleans the memory from the garbage to avoid CTD for out of memory)

set ORLoaderQuest.Purger to 0

; Enables/disables the external camera (uses camera views that you can change by a custom key)

set ORLoaderQuest.ExternalCamera to 0

; Enables/disables the "stay on target" when combat (target is tracked from the first hit until the combat is finished or if you press the release key)

set ORLoaderQuest.StayOnTarget to 1

; Enables/disables the sound effects when the health and/or fatigue are low

set ORLoaderQuest.LowHFSound to 1

; Enables/disables the dual wielding combat (when enabled allow to equip the left weapon and attack also by the left weapon)

; NOTE: EquipmentMode MUST be enabled in the plugin configuration to use this feature.

set ORLoaderQuest.DualWielding to 1

; Enables/disables the auto-equipping/auto-unequipping when combat (the chosen equipment is equipped on entering combat and viceversa)

set ORLoaderQuest.CombatEquipment to 0

; Enables/disables the auto-equipping/auto-unequipping when swimming (the chosen equipment is equipped on swimming and viceversa)

set ORLoaderQuest.SwimEquipment to 1

; Enables/disables the auto-equipping/auto-unequipping when sleeping (the chosen equipment is equipped on sleeping/resting and viceversa)

set ORLoaderQuest.SleepEquipment to 1

; ---------- Purger configuration ----------

; Sets the key to purge manually

set ORPurgerQuest.PurgeKey to 88

; Sets when purger runs. 0 = Disabled, any other positive value to run every PurgeTime (in seconds).

set ORPurgerQuest.PurgeTime to 300

; Purges the textures from the video memory. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled.

set ORPurgerQuest.PurgeTextures to 1

; Purges the cells from the ram. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled.

set ORPurgerQuest.PurgeCells to 1

; ------ StayOnTarget configuration --------

; Sets the key to release the target

set ORStayOnTargetQuest.ReleaseTargetKey to 57

; ------ Dual Wielding configuration -------

; Sets the key to switch between left and right attack mode when a left hand weapon is equipped

set ORDualWieldingQuest.LeftAttackKey to 46

; ------- Screenshot configuration ---------

; Sets the key to take screenshots

set ORScreenshotQuest.ScreenshotKey to 87

; ---------- Menu configuration ------------

; Sets the key to open the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.MenuKey to 24

; Sets the key to scroll up the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.UpKey to 200

; Sets the key to scroll down the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.DownKey to 208

; Sets the key to move right the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.RightKey to 205

; Sets the key to move left the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.LeftKey to 203

; Sets the key to add values in the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.AddKey to 78

; Sets the key to subtract values in the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.SubtractKey to 74

; Sets the key to scroll pages up in the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.PageUpKey to 201

; Sets the key to scroll pages down in the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.PageDownKey to 209

; Sets the key to save settings in the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.SaveKey to 28

; Sets the increment/decrement step value used by the AddKey and SubtractKey for the ingame menu.

set ORMenuQuest.StepValue to 0.02

; Sets the number of lines per page for the ingame menu

set ORMenuQuest.MenuLines to 20

; ----- External camera configuration ------

; Sets the key to cycle the camera views

set ORExternalCameraQuest.CameraKey to 34

; Sets the key to restore the default view

set ORExternalCameraQuest.CancelCameraKey to 35

; This adds views.

; PosX Right/left

; PosY Forward/backward

; PosZ Up/down

; AngX Pitch

; AngY Roll

; AngZ Yaw

; Back left

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosX to -60

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosY to -120

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosZ to 20

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngX to 0

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngY to 0

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngZ to 0

SetStage ORExternalCameraQuest 10

; Back right

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosX to 60

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosY to -120

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosZ to 20

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngZ to 0

; From right

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosX to 800

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosY to 0

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosZ to 100

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngZ to 60

; Panoramic view back right

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosX to 2400

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosY to -1400

set ORExternalCameraQuest.PosZ to 1600

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngX to -10

set ORExternalCameraQuest.AngZ to 60

Yeah, that's what's confusing me. I was told there were sleeping parameters in the ini file and those need to be disabled, but I grabbed OR from Nexus and I couldn't find any parameters like that in the ini file. :shrug:

My bad, I was copying the wrong file instead it's the real OblivionReloaded.ini in the OBSE\plugins folder that I needed to copy.  Anyway, here it is with an explanation from the OblivionReloaded readme... 

[Main]
WindowedMode             = 0
FoV                      = 90.0
WaterReflectionMapSize   = 512
WaterManagement          = 1
FarPlaneDistance         = 283840.0
ScreenshotPath           = \Screenshots
ScreenshotType           = 1
CustomEffects            = 0
FrameRate                = 1
SaveSettings             = 0
CombatMode               = 1
CameraMode               = 1
EquipmentMode            = 1
SleepingMode             = 1
GrassMode                = 1

[FrameRate]
Average                  = 30
Gap                      = 3
Delay                    = 10
FadeStep                 = 0.5
FadeMinObjects           = 10
FadeMinActors            = 15
GridStep                 = 2
GridMin                  = 5

[CameraMode]
HUDReticle               = 2
ChasingFirst             = 0
ChasingThird             = 0
OffsetX                  = 0.0
OffsetY                  = 15.0
OffsetZ                  = 4.0
NearDistanceFirst        = 2.0
NearDistanceThird        = 10.0
DialogFirst              = 1
DialogThird              = 2
DialogOffsetX            = 50.0
DialogOffsetY            = -10.0
DialogOffsetZ            = 10.0

[sleepingMode]
Rest                     = 0
RestMessage              = You must be in a bed to rest.

[shaders]
EnableWater              = 1
EnableGrass              = 1
EnablePrecipitations     = 1
EnableHDR                = 1
EnablePOM                = 1
EnableSkin               = 1
EnableTerrain            = 1
EnableBlood              = 1
EnableShadows            = 1

[Effects]
EnableUnderwater         = 1
EnableWaterLens          = 0
EnableGodRays            = 1
EnableDepthOfField       = 0
EnableAmbientOcclusion   = 0
EnableColoring           = 0
EnableCinema             = 0
EnableBloom              = 0
EnableSnowAccumulation   = 0
EnableBloodLens          = 0
EnableMotionBlur         = 0
EnableLowHF              = 0
EnableWetWorld           = 0
EnableSharpening         = 0
EnableSMAA               = 0

[Develop]
CompileShaders           = 0
CompileEffects           = 0
ShadersFolder            = 0
TraceShaders             = 0
TraceVanillaShaders      = 0
TraceCulling             = 0

...and this is what you wanted to know about.

SleepingMode = 1
Enables/disables the possibility to view the player in the bed.
Activate the bed to enter it, then press the rest key to sleep. Press the activate key again to get out of the bed.
NOTE: When SleepingMode is active, the instant level up is not used. You must sleep at least one hour and get out of the bed to level up. You can level up also without a bed, simply waiting at least one hour if you can rest out of the bed (see options below).

The orange marked text is what I think is important to change and is probably the main reason why Oblivion XP is incompatible with OR when having the default settings.

The cyan marked text is somehow misleading, because the default setting for the SleepingMode is disabled and the player cannot wait a hour in-game properly without being able to wait at least one hour as the player can do in vanilla.

I find that to be a typical Catch-22 situation without the user knows about it and that sucks IMO. :thumbdown:

The INI is pretty much the same in v6.2.0 as well. As Leo said, most likely the issue is SleepingMode which is enabled (1) by default, so changing to 0 should revert leveling to vanilla in theory.

Thanks for the information, guys. I have version 6.2 and the readme just said that sleepingmode allows you to see your character in bed. It doesn't have the extra explanation. Well the other sleeping mod, I think it's called See you Sleep or something like that, works with Oblivion XP. The mod author of that mod used a DLL and that made it compatible with Oblivion XP. We talked about it at the time and he made some changes so it was compatible. I've used his mod and it does work.

Anyway I guess Alenet doesn't have those fixes. I'll tell people to try SleepingMode = 0 and see if that fixes it.

You should read the description; it can tell you better than anyone.  I will say, for me, it's performance enhancements are negligible.  But he has some settings for a performance boost that I, admittedly, don't use.

Thanks.  I have read the description before but it was a while ago when he was using the Nexus.  From what I remember it had a ton of different features, but most of them were not things that particularly interested me, other than the possibility of a stability/performance improvement.

I have visited his new site but I can't find basic mod information there -- I am sure he has a description somewhere but I couldn't find it.  That new site has a lot of information scattered around, but I have trouble navigating it to find where the basic information is posted.  But if the performance boost is negligible than I may not worry about it.  I was mostly interested in whether it would lead to a better performing more stable game.

If your post was a comment about my post then you misunderstood me, because I thought Turija wanted to use OR at the same time he had Realistic Leveling active.

Yep!  Thanks for pointing out the potential issue there and thanks to the folks who explained that OR works fine with RL.  Good to know in case I ever do decide to install OR again.

Edited by Turija