• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
TheDarkListener34

Wildfires in West Coast and Hurricanes in East Coast.

VM is in northern Florida. He sent me a note saying that he'll be offline for a bit to conserve battery power. He said they aren't expecting a direct hit however.

The latest news is that things have changed, the storm Irma are now predicted to have a different direction then it was first had and, if this is accurate, then Irma will hit southern Flodria tomorrow Saturday.  So VM could be affected, of course indirectly.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hurricane-irma-florida-latest/index.html

I hope everyone is okay and safe in Northen Flordia. Like I said in my first post. Almost everyone has been evacuated. However, a lot of them stayed behind and face the hurricane and at least try to protect themselves by putting sand in bags from the water to go through the doors and windows....I think.  

Only the Florida Keys and some places in southern Florida were evacuated. VM said that now they're right in the path and they've been told to expect a category 2 hurricane.

TDL, could you fix your sig? You can use a gallery album here to host the image. :)

VM said that now they're right in the path and they've been told to expect a category 2 hurricane.

That remains to be seen, but I hope the prediction is accurate.  Because earlier today I heard on the news that Irma has been downgraded to a 4 hurricane.

Edited by Leonardo

Sounds good. Outbuildings & garden and trees ok too? How strong were the winds there?

Is it easy to tell whether the rest of the street fared mostly unscathed as well? 

Can't tell on the building but some of my plants got hit hard. The wind wasn't too bad as nothing got blown over but the wind was blowing parallel to the building, which likely helped a lot. It's still blowing a lot but nowhere near as bad as it was at midnight. I want to say it was 60 MPH or so then and 40 or so now? Nothing big seems to have fallen but it won't pass completely until noon or so so I'm not plugging everything back up just yet.