Photo

Wildfires in West Coast and Hurricanes in East Coast.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Sue

Sue

Roasted Red Freckled Pepper

• Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old VA
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
  • 1,112 posts

I hope they're okay Ama and that you hear this is so soon.  :hugs: 

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

Ama sent me PM this morning saying that they had finally managed to contact them and they are ok. All the windows got blown out in the house, so they've lost everything inside, but they're alive.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sue

Sue

Roasted Red Freckled Pepper

• Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old VA
  • 1,112 posts

That they are alive and okay is good news.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

VM is in northern Florida. He sent me a note saying that he'll be offline for a bit to conserve battery power. He said they aren't expecting a direct hit however.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Schtearn

Schtearn

Mountain Hermit

• Collective
  • 1,260 posts

The awful thing about these events isn't so much the event itself but the ensuing months-weeks-years required to get everything back on an even keel.

Hope @Ama's relations have a place to go to in the meantime. And @VM- trust that life off the grid is bearable for you!

• Sue likes this
I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,800 posts

VM is in northern Florida. He sent me a note saying that he'll be offline for a bit to conserve battery power. He said they aren't expecting a direct hit however.

The latest news is that things have changed, the storm Irma are now predicted to have a different direction then it was first had and, if this is accurate, then Irma will hit southern Flodria tomorrow Saturday.  So VM could be affected, of course indirectly.

http://edition.cnn.c...test/index.html

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,455 posts
I have a tinder box so I'll have fire!

TheDarkListener34

TheDarkListener34

Pesky Buzzing Octopus

• 441 posts

I hope everyone is okay and safe in Northen Flordia. Like I said in my first post. Almost everyone has been evacuated. However, a lot of them stayed behind and face the hurricane and at least try to protect themselves by putting sand in bags from the water to go through the doors and windows....I think.  

"Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us, and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood to be all that, and so much more. We are, more than anything, a union of like-minded individuals. We kill for profit, for enjoyment, and for the glory of the Dread Father, Sithis. We are family, with bonds forged in blood and death." - Lucien Lachance

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

Only the Florida Keys and some places in southern Florida were evacuated. VM said that now they're right in the path and they've been told to expect a category 2 hurricane.

TDL, could you fix your sig? You can use a gallery album here to host the image. :)

TheDarkListener34

TheDarkListener34

Pesky Buzzing Octopus

• 441 posts

Oh oops I did notice it but I didn't bother to fix it because I barely use photobucket anymore.

"Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us, and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood to be all that, and so much more. We are, more than anything, a union of like-minded individuals. We kill for profit, for enjoyment, and for the glory of the Dread Father, Sithis. We are family, with bonds forged in blood and death." - Lucien Lachance

Posted Image

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
    ▼▲
  • 36,928 posts

Thanks all for your well wishes.  :)  

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,800 posts

VM said that now they're right in the path and they've been told to expect a category 2 hurricane.

That remains to be seen, but I hope the prediction is accurate.  Because earlier today I heard on the news that Irma has been downgraded to a 4 hurricane.

Edited by Leonardo, 08 September 2017 - 09:41 PM.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,455 posts

Interior is fine! I need to assess the exterior when the rain stops. :)
  • Amadaun likes this

Schtearn

Schtearn

Mountain Hermit

• Collective
  • 1,260 posts

Sounds good. Outbuildings & garden and trees ok too? How strong were the winds there?

Is it easy to tell whether the rest of the street fared mostly unscathed as well? 

I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,455 posts
Can't tell on the building but some of my plants got hit hard. The wind wasn't too bad as nothing got blown over but the wind was blowing parallel to the building, which likely helped a lot. It's still blowing a lot but nowhere near as bad as it was at midnight. I want to say it was 60 MPH or so then and 40 or so now? Nothing big seems to have fallen but it won't pass completely until noon or so so I'm not plugging everything back up just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users