Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

IP.Board 4.x - VERY SOON!

Posted (edited)

Now that I've gotten the supporting software on the server upgraded, we will be upgrading to IP.Board, or IPS Community, 4.x very soon. I might try to do the upgrade tomorrow, depending on what happens with the house renovations. Most of the incompatible third party applications and enhancements have already been removed. If you have Notes, please copy them to a file as the Notes field will be removed from your profile.

Unfortunately we do not have a dark skin for 4.x. I will be adding a donation button and if we can raise enough money, I will buy one.

We will be UPGRADING TO IPS 4.X TOMORROW, OCT 13. I'll aim for early afternoon, around 1 pm Eastern time, that's 5 pm GMT/UTC.

Edited by AndalayBay

Posted (edited)

I am experienced with creating forum skins. I would be willing to make one (free of charge) that looks similar to this one, using the default 4.x theme as a base, if you'd let me.

Edited by Vincent

I am experienced with creating forum skins. I would be willing to make one (free of charge) that looks similar to this one, using the default 4.x theme as a base, if you'd let me.

Yes please. Is the default theme for 4.0 hospital white or navy blue or something. Now what's that quote by Oscar wilde?

My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One of us has got to go.

:cry:

Don't forget that the notes add on isn't supported and a few other things.

If you are referring to the manage notes mod then I use it very often.

The Manage Notes hook has been restored. Please let me know if your notes are intact. I have a database backup if your notes are gone.

Please backup your notes so I can remove the hook and upgrade the forums.

The Manage Notes hook has been restored. Please let me know if your notes are intact. I have a database backup if your notes are gone.

Please backup your notes so I can remove the hook and upgrade the forums.

Mine are gone and I know I didn't clear them out yet.

sshot-1a.jpg

It's a bogus error. The files are all from the latest release and I changed the permissions to rw for all, which shouldn't be necessary. I suspect the real issue is that IPS didn't test the new easy upgrade system with people upgrading from 3.x. At this point, we're doing the upgrade on our test system. When we tried it the other day, it reported all the files in the package as being the wrong version because we were trying to install 4.2.4. We may have to install 4.0, if we still have it and then upgrade from there. I've opened a ticket with IPS to see what they have to say.

I suspect that we had to restore the database on the test site at some point and your password isn't what you think it is. I remember resetting it for you before, so perhaps it's actually what I set it to. :P

I doubt very much they didn't test it on upgrades from 3.x because that would be silly given that people would have been doing exactly that in large numbers. Hell, I didn't even do our upgrade until 4.1.x was available and I remember exactly nothing about the process. It was simply that uneventful. Or, in Toddspeak: "It just worked" :P

I suspect that we had to restore the database on the test site at some point and your password isn't what you think it is. I remember resetting it for you before, so perhaps it's actually what I set it to. :P

I had changed it yesterday and logged in with the new one hours before I tried to do the upgrade. :shrug: