• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

IP.Board 4.x - VERY SOON!

The upgrade failed again when I tried to upgrade our test site yesterday. It got farther than before, but now their upgrade script is producing MySQL errors. I've updated the ticket with IPS and am waiting for a reply.

That's not what I meant by looking weird. :) The changes to the forums that IPS made in 4.2.5 look weird compared to 3.x, especially the admin control panel. It will take some time to get used to.

Well, as you can see, we finally made the plunge. Not without the usual drama, of course. We uncovered a bug in IPS' upgrade script! Lucky us. Fortunately they fixed it quickly. They gave us a new script so we could finish the upgrade.

Very nice! The Hospital White came in as a bit of a shock though! :) 

The regular youtube videos don't show as embedded anymore although the youtu.be ones do.

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

YeGods! So much whiteness! :P

I know! Isn't it GREAT!! Love it! Wish other boards *ahem* had it. ;)

I'm kind of a special case though. (No Arthmoor, not THAT kind of special) :P Light text on dark backgrounds does strange and unpleasant things to me. I already had the light theme set so it wasn't a s big a shock to me as I'm sure it was to all you dark lovers. lol  (Is it just me, or did that sound mildly racist? Not meant to be!)

3 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Well, as you can see, we finally made the plunge. Not without the usual drama, of course. We uncovered a bug in IPS' upgrade script! Lucky us. Fortunately they fixed it quickly. They gave us a new script so we could finish the upgrade.

I only noticed a couple of very short times the board was down. Good work AB, you rock! :D

3 hours ago, Schtearn said:

The regular youtube videos don't show as embedded anymore although the youtu.be ones do.

I also noticed the images in the TESxEdit Tutorial have turned into hyperlinks, which don't lead to the image (as of about 30 mins ago). I'm sure it will get sorted in due time. :)

Edited by RavenMind

The boards are still updating, actually. Basic stuff should work, but it's taking a while to migrate everything. We might have to do it manually. I'll start screaming about missing stuff if things still aren't working after 24 hrs. :P