• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

SSE Installation (Steam)

Just a general thread on getting this game on the HDD.

There was someone on a Steam thread complaining about 400 kbs. i wish. During peak time here it was down to 100!

It was somewhere between 150 and 200 but gets to around 350-400 before setting down to around 230.

Windows might also be attempting to update as on this machine it's only last year's version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 as well.

Steam have very good servers- is there fallback on a corrupt packet- with this volume of data a lot can escape a parity check.

There is one thing that might affect what download speed Steam will have and that's how much traffic there is on Steam.  Having a lot of people downloading something on Steam at the same time could reduce the dowload speed for everyone.

Yes in this country location, the peak times are 4pm-8pm, later than that expect a supersonic 400/500 kbs! And yes their servers are "smart enough" to detect the bandwidth improvement.

Didn't get any nag screens about the Creation Club- others have objected to it, just signed in to view the content- looks ok but leave me out atm.

Valve still do not accept compressed mod content, so the unofficial patch was 573mb! Only way to cancel is to exit the page which could be improved upon.

Playing with min specs so back on lo_qual - (oh- dear) remember years of Oblivion with the same deal. But looks good all the same.

Wonder if upgrading memory from 8gb to 16gb will make any difference? The Windows TiWorker (wupdater) is running at the moment and gobbling up humongous resources- which could be an issue if happening during play.

Offtopic: Changes in the warpaint slider for Breton didn't show up in the model at Char Creation. Anyone else get similar?

Edit: Couldn't get it to reproduce. Maybe cleaning the masters had something to do with it- who knows?

Edited by Schtearn

Be prepared for this rather odd behaviour from Steam. Got the old LE skse_loader shortcut and changed it to:

"B:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe"

The working path was also updated. Wouldn't load.

Created a new shortcut (explorer navigation required) and the game loaded (of course).

Now edited the new shortcut by pasting in the above string (just in case of funny chars)

Guess what?

The game loaded, of course!

Edited by Schtearn

Valve still do not accept compressed mod content, so the unofficial patch was 573mb! Only way to cancel is to exit the page which could be improved upon.

Valve has nothing to do with SSE mods. Those are all served by Bethesda.net.

The reason that USSEP is not compressed is because compressing the BSA leads to the game crashing due to the presence of voice recordings.

Valve has nothing to do with SSE mods. Those are all served by Bethesda.net.

Indirectly, Valve has to do with SSE due to the linked account between Steam and Bethesda.net.

You said that Valve has nothing to do with SSE mods and I know Valve, indirectly has to do with SSE mods.  Because without having an account for both Steam and Bethesda.net, which must be linked, no one can download mods on Bethesda.net.

Valve has nothing to do with mods for SSE. Account linkage is not the same thing at all. Valve does not host the content, and I'm pretty sure you knew that's what I meant.

Account linkage is not the same thing at all. Valve does not host the content, and I'm pretty sure you knew that's what I meant.

Which is why I said "indirectly" and besides I didn't even mention BSA.  And, yes, I knew what you meant.