• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Bongmongus

Compatibility For Jedi Lightsabers With Sound and The Bow Of Thunderdark

Can anyone help me with this, please?

I've been trying to find two mods in Oblivion; Jedi Lightsabers With Sound and Bow Of Thunderdark.

I can find them if I look for them in the Constructio set, but they are not available within Oblivion.

The problem, is, I believe, a clash with Open cities Classic.  I am running this mod as well as the two mentioned.

I'll upload the following files, in the hope these help.

I was half going to upload the files showing the location of both mods from the mod's readmes, but I thought that could prove confusing.

They're also not mine to do what ever I like with.  So I'll show you the screenshots I made in Oblivion using FRAPS.  I also didn't take any screenshots

the Construction Set, as I was nervous this could muck up the mod.  Or do something unfavourable in TES Construction set.

Hope what I've uploaded helps.  All help is appreciated.

I was half thinking of trying to patch them using TES4Gecko.  Is this wise? I had problems with this application, only after running BOSS.

Please advise on this.

DxDiag.txt

22nd October OBMM Load Order.rtf

22nd October Wrye Bash Mod List.txt

post-5161-0-87964500-1508663561_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-26823000-1508663572_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-72583000-1508663589_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-53421200-1508663613_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-25938700-1508663626_thumb.jpg

I'm not familiar with either of these mods and I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but perhaps a couple of my guides on TES4Edit will help you. First, my guide on comparing plugins. You can use that to identify the conflicts. Once you've identified the conflicts, you need to create a patch that will move things around to resolve the conflict. Unfortunately TES4Gecko can't help you. This is something you need to do manually. Unfortunately I'm not very good at creating patches, but Arthmoor is. He created a tutorial on creating patches here. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks Andalay Bay.  I'll read over your guides, and see what happens next.  This is new territory for me, but, I'm sure, with study and application, I'll make something which works.

Had a read of you guides Andalay Bay.  I'll ask you something.  Which operating system are you running, please?

I'm running Windows 10.  I'll tell you more after you tell me what you're running, and whether you have experience with Windows 10.

Yeah, so we'll make mods for their XB1. lol :P

Bongmungus I replied to your Nexus comment. I'll see what I can do. Pretty sure if I understand your issue, you just need a patch.

Okay, continuing on, I've downloaded the mods you're looking at. I still need to load them up, clean them, then analyze what they do. Then I'll have a better idea what will need to be done. I like to document in threads what we're doing so that people who hit on this in a Google search can follow along and may benefit from what's been discussed. I can't tell you how many times a 5+ year old thread in a forum has provided the answer I was looking for.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the goal here is to get The Bow of Thunder Dark & Jedi Lightsabers with Sound incorporated into Open Cities Classic + Outer Districts so that you can obtain the items in-game.

For reference:

Open Cities Classic (inc. Outer Districts)

The Bow of Thunder Dark (with Updated ESP)

Jedi Lightsabers With Sound

Using Wrye Bash & building a Bashed Patch

Running Windows 10 Home

Load Order (as reported by OBMM)

Oblivion.esm
ExtremeCompanionControl.esm
All Natural Base.esm
Open Cities Resources.esm
Arcane Warrior.esp
Arcane Warrior Revised.esp
BowCaster.esp
Cleric.esp
DarkBlade.esp
Mystic Warrior.esp
Templars Class.esp
za_bankmod.esp
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
EM_CompInnsleeping.esp
Knights.esp
OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp
24HrArenaAliveV2Towers.esp
Android_Jenny_EN.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
VipCxj_HighHeels.esp
VipCxjHHTest.esp
CRTRenewed.esp
CharacterChangeAmulet.esp
HGEC_BodyGlove.esp
DemonEmpressRealHighHeels.esp
No Glarthir-7732.esp
ECCompanionTemplate.esp
TheBowOfThunderDark.esp
ExtremeCompanionControl.esp
Enhanced Wayshrines.esp
ECNataliePrue.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
RAEVWD Cities.esp
RAEVWD Imperial City.esp
Arcana.esp
RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp
bartholm.esp
BlackLuster.esp
DM-Lingerie.esp
Dungeon Explorer.esp
Gonzos Sinner Vixen Chest.esp
EY_BM_Armory.esp
HGEC Boots.esp
Invisibility Robe ver2.esp
KitRae Exotic Dual Remake.esp
1SB NineTongues Sword.esp
R18PN - Lingeries.esp
Thunderbird Armor.esp
alllll61-Tiny Demon suit.esp
SG001_BunnyGirl.esp
Swimming Costume.esp
FemaleImperialDragonCuirass.esp
AdrenalineOblivion-SpawnElement.esp
AdrenalineOblivion-SupportElements.esp
Arborwatch.esp
Encumbrance100.esp
sycNiceToMeetYou.esp
Azure Retribution Chest.esp
Azure Warrior Chest.esp
Kaleencolors.esp
Jedi LightSabers with Sound.esp
Anduril Reforged.esp
AsharasSirensAndTritons.esp
AutoBookPlacer.esp
Basic Personal Hygiene.esp
Basic Physical Activities.esp
Basic Primary Needs.esp
Camping.esp
Get Wet - just droplets.esp
1em_GiveAGift.esp
Demonhunter.esp
LetThePeopleDrink.esp
HUD Status Bars.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp
The Lost Spires.esp
OCC-Lost Spires-Patch.esp
HTBUnholyChapelShop.esp
HoarfrostCastle.esp
0WeynonPrioryAlive.esp
Warcraftelf.esp
Synx.esp
SinbloodShop.esp
HentaiMania2.esp
HM2SummonCompatible.esp
Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
Chapel Shop.esp
Apachii_Heroes_Store.esp
IDKRRR_C_race.esp
Corean_hair_for_Original_race.esp
IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp
Avariel.esp
ChaseCameraMod.esp
DemonRace.esp
Demoness.esp
Vampire Race Reloaded.esp
Vampire Race Reloaded Patch by Xtudo.esp
X.Races.Comp.esp
MolagBalTreasury.esp
Enhanced Grabbing.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
All Natural.esp
All Natural - Real Lights.esp
All Natural - SI.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
Better Benirus Manor.esp
Better Benirus Manor - AN Patch.esp
More Female Servants.esp
CapesandCloaks.esp
Open Cities Classic.esp
Open Cities New Sheoth.esp
MidasSpells.esp
Open Cities Outer Districts.esp
OC+Midas Magic Patch.esp
Open Cities Bartholm.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
WindowLightingSystem.esp
Chocolate Elves.esp
BWisteria.esp
alllll61-Saint Silver armor.esp
Jedi LightSabers with Sound 2.esp

Between the trick-or-treaters & my young twins, It'll take me a little time to dig into these. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

In the mean time, can you tell me:

• Which version of Wrye Bash you're using?
  • Are you sorting your load order with BOSS?
  • Have you cleaned your mods in TES4Edit?
  • Are you running OBMM concurrently with WB, and if so, are you launching through OBMM or WB?
  • I notice two Jedi Lightsabers with Sound esp's. Is that bottom one just one you were working on to help solve the problem?
Edited by RavenMind

Bongmongus, here's a quick first draft patch. I don't have time to test it for a couple hours, but I thought I'd upload it in-case you'd like to see if it works. Put it at the bottom of your load order, after OCC, Lightsabers, & Thunderdark. Don't merge into bashed patch for now. Let's just see if it gives you the results you want. Specifically check out the Arcane U & make sure the placement looks right.  Back to you in a bit.

RM

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1385-oc-lightsabers-thunderdark-patchesp/

Edit: Don't use, see next post.

Edited by RavenMind

Okay, here's a patch that's working on my system.

Patch for OCC, Jedi Lightsabers, & Bow of Thunder Dark 1.0

I verified the rock in Anvil and the chest at the Arcane University are accessible & the items are contained therein.

Sort your load order with BOSS (I noticed some bad placements earlier). Then place this ESP below OCC, Outer Districts, Lightsabers, and Thunder Dark. It won't be recognized by BOSS, so you'll have to move it by hand. If you rebuild your Bashed Patch, I've tagged it as NoMerge. It will show up in purple after building your patch - that's okay. Just make sure to activate it, as when you build your Patch, the default is to deactivate it.

Note: The chest for the light sabers appears sunken in the ground, but I think that's what the author was going for so I just leveled it with the candlestick.

Test & let me know what you think.

If you'd like to discuss how it was made, I'm happy to.

Enjoy!

P.S., If you're having trouble getting Wrye Bash to load the Jedi Lightsabers archive, delete the Korean ReadMe out of it. Wrye doesn't like the characters in the file name & has a hissy fit, but works fine when it's removed or renamed with English characters.

Edited by RavenMind

Sorry it took so long to return ere, and for the going up blind alleys.  My mistake.

To answer your question, Ravenmind, Wrye Bash version is 307.2016####.  Latest version, downloaded this year.

I did run BOSS, but last time I did this, I found a land tear where the Thunderdark rock should be.  Reinstalled Oblivion after problems with Oblivion and Saved game.

Opened the three files I'm concerned with to see what the problem was.  This proved invaluable.

I use both Wrye Bash and OBMM, but run them seperately.  I'll close one, and open the other.

Oblivion I launch through the OBSE Loader, as I'm running Oblivion XP.

The second Jedi Knght Sabers ESP is my own efforts. 

To put it mildly, this is an area I  am not having a great deal of success with.  I only hope I haven't done too much damage.

I think I'll remove  the other file.  It isn't doing anything and I think it's a nuisance.

Sure, here's the TL;DR version.

I fired up TES4Edit and loaded up OpenCities, Outer Districts, Jedi Lightsabers & Bow of Thunder Dark.

I located the chest & candlestick from Lightsabers, and the rock container from Thunder Dark and Copied as Override into a new ESP. I then found the worldspaces where Arthmoor moved Anvil & the Arcane University to find the CELL info for placed objects. Then I  edited the CELL info in the containers & candlestick refs to point to the correct locations in the Tamriel worldspace. This way no new refs were created or had to be deleted or disabled.

I tested in-game & found a rock covering up the chest at the Arcane U. It so happened to be the same one that the author of that mod had disabled & moved. I used the console to find the RefID since it is changed due to OCC, then located it in Open Cities Outer Districts in xEdit. I copied that rock as override into the new esp, then disabled it, enabled parent (PC) and set it to opposite of parent, then plunged it 30,000 feet below ground.

I didn't have to even open the CS for this one. (yay!) I imagine if you're not too familiar with xEdit that this summary probably sounds like gibberish, so if you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them. And please, let me know if that patch works for you.

On a semi-related note, I did find that The Bow of Thunder Dark had 6 ITMs. Are you cleaning your mods? If not, you need to be, and it's the best place to get started with xEdit. Let me know if you'd like more info. :)

Cheers!

Edited by RavenMind

Sure, here's the TL;DR version.

I fired up TES4Edit and loaded up OpenCities, Outer Districts, Jedi Lightsabers & Bow of Thunder Dark.

I located the chest & candlestick from Lightsabers, and the rock container from Thunder Dark and Copied as Override into a new ESP. I then found the worldspaces where Arthmoor moved Anvil & the Arcane University to find the CELL info for placed objects. Then I  edited the CELL info in the containers & candlestick refs to point to the correct locations in the Tamriel worldspace. This way no new refs were created or had to be deleted or disabled.

I tested in-game & found a rock covering up the chest at the Arcane U. It so happened to be the same one that the author of that mod had disabled & moved. I used the console to find the RefID since it is changed due to OCC, then located it in Open Cities Outer Districts in xEdit. I copied that rock as override into the new esp, then disabled it, enabled parent (PC) and set it to opposite of parent, then plunged it 30,000 feet below ground.

I didn't have to even open the CS for this one. (yay!) I imagine if you're not too familiar with xEdit that this summary probably sounds like gibberish, so if you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them. And please, let me know if that patch works for you.

On a semi-related note, I did find that The Bow of Thunder Dark had 6 ITMs. Are you cleaning your mods? If not, you need to be, and it's the best place to get started with xEdit. Let me know if you'd like more info. :)

Cheers!

I half understand TES4Edit.   Have looked at it and can sort of feel my way around.  Sort of understood what you said.   I understand programming to an extent, but I'm by no means a programmer.  I'm more creative.

I don't clean my mods.  I probably should, but I'm not certain how to do this.

Sorry Ravenmind, I'm reporting problems.

I haven't found the Jedi lightsabers yet.  They're possibly in a pert of the Arcane University I haven't been to yet.

I don't like doing this.  I feel bad.

Thank you for the patch.  It was good of you to make it for me.

I know what I have to do; somehow get Open Cities Classic and Open to recognise Jedi lightsabers with sound and the Bow of Thunderdark.  I think I know what I need to do.

Somehow I need to either get the corresponding records from one mod to the other in Tes4Edit, or copy the Thunderdark Rock/Jedi lightsaber box into the Open cities worldspace in the Construction Set..

Have tried to open two cell windows at once in the Construction set.  Didn't work, not for me anyway.  Those are my thoughts.  I'm still feeling my way with this.  This is new territory for me.

Here are two pictures from Anvil. 

post-5161-0-76628000-1509768855_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-83181000-1509768871_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-76628000-1509768855_thumb.jpg

post-5161-0-83181000-1509768871_thumb.jpg

Hmm, that's some odd clipping. I suspect that something else is messing with things. Is this the load order you're actually playing with, or just a list of mods you have? You've got a lot of mods that step all over each other, and your ordering is WAAAY out of whack. I was going to address this with you after we verified the patch worked, but since we have to test further, you REALLY need to sort your LO with BOSS. For example, one of the most glaring things is that your Bashed Patch isn't anywhere near the bottom, and Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul must be loaded AFTER it in order for the leveled lists to work properly.

At this point, I don't think doing anything in either the CS or xEdit is advisable. We have to figure out where the problem is first. Before proceeding, I think you ought to deactivate (OBMM) / Uninstall (WB) most of the mods in your LO.This will help us get an idea if the problem is with the mods we're working on, (OCC+OD, Lightsabers, & Bow of Thunder), or if something unrelated to your goal of getting those to play nice is interfering. I know you've got a large list, but it should be pretty easy to remove them, then put them back since you're using Wrye Bash. I would go with the following LO to test (I'll leave the ones in that I'm certain shouldn't interfere):

UOP

DLC Shivering Isles

USIP

KotN

(Where's your Unofficial Knights patch?)

OCC-KOTN Patch  (Checked this in xEdit, doesn't look like it will interfere)

Weather All Natural

AWLS

RAEVWD

OblivionXP

AutoBookPlacer
Basic Personal Hygiene
Basic Physical Activities
Basic Primary Needs
Camping

ChaseCameraMod

Enhanced Grabbing

Open Cities Classic & Outer Districts

Jedi Lightsabers

Bow of Thunder

OC-Lightsabers-ThunderDark Patch

--No bashed patch for now.

Now, anneal all in WB, and sort with BOSS!!

If TL, you can probably leave HGEC/Robert's installed as well as your custom races/hairs. Just make sure to take out anything that adds things like shops, or custom drops to worldspaces/cells for now. For example: Gonzos Sinner Vixen Chest.esp/Azure Warrior Chest.esp - I have no idea where this chest is placed and/or if it interferes, so leave it out for now to keep things simple.

One thing to note is that loading a save game can re-introduce some faulty information, so what you see, isn't necessarily what you've got. For testing I'd recommend grabbing one of the post-sewers save games off Nexus. Then you can load up that save (which won't have any junk in it from other mods), and fast travel to the places you need to test. This is the one I use. (Recommend you start with NO mods enabled, exit sewers, drop most of the junk, then make a NEW save. That way you can just start from that to test.) :)

Lets test with just the load order above, then please post back your results as well as your LO according to Wrye Bash.

Sorry if there's any missssspellings. It's late and past my bedtime. lol  :gnight:

Thanks Ravenmind.

I've run BOSS since last we spoke.  I've run the Master and User List I made earlier.  Hope this did not pose problems.  I had added some custom classes  I made myself and added to the user list.

Don't understand TL?

The Unofficial Knights Patch was a seperate download which I ran.  Might be an idea to install the ESP version?

Past my bed time also.

Night Ravenmind.  Thanks again.

Sorry Ravenmind, I'm reporting problems..  ..I don't like doing this.  I feel bad.

---Hey, no worries. It's all part of the experience. And if you learn some things you'll be the better for it! :)

To answer your question, Ravenmind, Wrye Bash version is 307.2016####.  Latest version, downloaded this year.

---Great, should work fine for Oblivion. If you ever care to upgrade, the version located at the link called "307 WB wip standalone" at the bottom of the post here is much more recent & quite stable.

I use both Wrye Bash and OBMM, but run them seperately.  I'll close one, and open the other.

---I think that's a good idea. If you want OBMM for its OMOD functionality, consider upgrading to TES Mod Manager. You can think of it as OBMM v3. It's much more reliable, currently being developed, & the author is good to work with & provides support. Remember to only use Archive Invalidation from one source, Wrye or OBMM/TMM.

Oblivion I launch through the OBSE Loader, as I'm running Oblivion XP.

---Perfect.

The second Jedi Knght Sabers ESP is my own efforts.I think I'll remove  the other file.  It isn't doing anything and I think it's a nuisance.

---I applaud your efforts, you've probably learned a lot! I think removing it, at least for now, is probably a good idea. :)

I've run BOSS since last we spoke.  I've run the Master and User List I made earlier.  Hope this did not pose problems.  I had added some custom classes  I made myself and added to the user list.

---Great, I'm glad you're using BOSS. For the time being, let's just stick to the Masterlist to sort the LO I posted above so we can eliminate a possibly problematic Userlist as a variable.

Don't understand TL?

---"Too Lazy" Not meant in an offensive way. I'd prefer you run the LO I presented above for testing, but understand if you don't want to uninstall everything. On the other hand, that's why we use mod managers, to easily remove-reinstall mods right? :)

The Unofficial Knights Patch was a seperate download which I ran.  Might be an idea to install the ESP version?

---I meant the one from the "Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches". It's still necessary even with the OC-Knights patch.

I know what I have to do; somehow get Open Cities Classic and Open to recognise Jedi lightsabers with sound and the Bow of Thunderdark.

---It's not a matter of OCC "recognizing" the other mods. It would only recognize them if it was scripted to do so, which it's not, or you alter the OCC & Outer Districts esp's, which is really not a good idea.

Somehow I need to either get the corresponding records from one mod to the other in Tes4Edit, or copy the Thunderdark Rock/Jedi lightsaber box into the Open cities worldspace in the Construction Set..

---There ya go. :) What the patch does is get the rock & chest into the correct worldspace and location, without having to modify OCC itself.

I haven't found the Jedi lightsabers yet.  They're possibly in a pert of the Arcane University I haven't been to yet.

---If you're following the map provided in the mod's screenshots then you should be able to find it. Its just left of the entrance as you walk in, around the first wall outcropping. As far as Anvil goes, you should've been able to see the rock in the water, just in front of the dock. The fact you don't means that something's going wrong. I'll try to grab some screens to show you the locations & what they look like.

Dirty edits can also cause tears like that. Clean your mod with TES4Edit. I'll get my basic cleaning guide uploaded today.

Ah, good point! I'm hoping the landscape tears go away after we eliminate a bunch of these mods out of his LO, and use a save that doesn't have a bunch of previous mod crud in it. Then we'll need to clean up these bad boys. Your cleaning guide should prove invaluable, thanks! :D

Edited by RavenMind

Here's a link to some screenshots. (No need to waste Andalay's storage. :) )

And this is the LO I was using.

00 Oblivion.esm
01 Open Cities Resources.esm [Version 4.1.7]
02 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.5]
03 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
04 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.9]
05 Jedi LightSabers with Sound.esp
06 TheBowOfThunderDark.esp
07 Knights.esp
08 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.8]
09 OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp [Version 3.1]
0A Open Cities New Sheoth.esp [Version 2.0.2]
0B Open Cities Classic.esp [Version 4.1.7]
0C Open Cities Outer Districts.esp [Version 4.1.7]
0D OC-Lightsabers-ThunderDark Patch.esp

Afraid I won't be back on till after 9pm Mountain time. Good luck! :D

Edited by RavenMind

I'm back.

Didn't do anything earlier as sleep and breakfast came first.

Uninstalled most mods, except the ones I manually installed. 

Posting new mod list.

Ran Oblivion using save from the End of Sewers.

Oblivion stopped working. :(

That's one of those things.  This method probably worked under Windows XP to 7.

Have a nasty feeling Windows 10 records file information differently.

5th November 2017 Wrye Bash mod List.txt

It's nothing to do with Win 10. You're getting errors that you can't just ignore. You have a ton of missing master errors. Those must be resolved. If you have a Bashed Patch, then all you need to do is to rebuild your patch. If you don't, you should, but in this case you'll have to find the mods that need those masters and uninstall them too.

Agreed, It's nothing to do with Windows. I'm VERY familiar with Windows, and the changes made to each version from Windows 2.1x286 through the current build. (Yeah, I'm old..)  I'm currently running Win10 - Fall Creators Update with no problems.

I was hoping we could reduce your testing LO down enough that you wouldn't need a Bashed Patch, long enough to see if the containers are showing up. Then we could rebuild your load order, then Bashed Patch, and make sure everything plays nice.

I suspect you didn't rebuild your Bashed Patch after removing mods, then still had it enabled when you fired up Oblivion?

If you're going to try to test with all those mods still in place, make sure to rebuild your Bashed Patch. This needs to be done every time you uninstall something, otherwise it may look for mods that aren't there anymore & OB will crash upon launch.

Remember to re-check the OC-Lightsabers-ThunderDark Patch.esp if WB unchecks it during the Patch rebuild. If you just click through, WB will auto-uncheck it, even though it's marked as NoMerge. So it needs to be manually re-activated after patch building. Good luck :)