• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
Munch Universe

Craftybits 0.812 Bug Reports

From OblivionPlayer11111:

Some of the things I have experienced from playing this mod so far...

- I tried to make flatbread pie according to guide instructions. Instead of flatbread pie, mod asks "Make raw tomato flatbread using flour dough, flour dough?" I did not add

tomato so the question does not make sense.

-   Conversion of Wood causes mod to say fire has gone out. I am just starting to change/convert the wood and I have not put fire out so the message does not make sense.

-   Grammatically, game says These cheese wheel will make a nice sauce.

-   2 barrel ends left over after making aging barrel

-   Hardwood Plank fell through floor when I deliberately dropped it

-   I kept seeing message # of ingredients don't match a recipe even after I successfully make something...

-   Silver bowl turns into mixing bowl. When I take mixing bowl back into my inventory, it becomes a tan bowl. The silver bowl is no longer there and I cannot get a silver bowl back in my inventory after using conversion P key.

-   Much of the flatbread recipes are raw. They need to be placed on a cooking plate to be fully cooked. This is not mentioned in the guide.

-   I can't make ham jerky in the aging barrel. Therefore, it is not possible to make the flatbread recipe requiring ham jerky. Alternative recipe that I discovered that is possible: flour dough + cheese sauce + sliced ham + cutting

board + rolling pin creates Meat Ham Cheese Flatbread...not mentioned in the guide...

-   I had 2 separate pieces of boar meat on the cutting board. When dragging knife to cut up boar meat, mod asks if I want to make marinated boar meat. It makes no sense because I did not add marinade to the boar meat.

-   CB timescale didn't work much for me in reducing aging time.

-   When skinning animals like wolves, the animal moves several feet away from me after I successfully skin it. This does not seem to make any sense...

-   After a while, can't make corn flour in my game...Don't know why...Conscribe logs + save games attached might yield more insight...

-   When dropping eggs or stacks of eggs to cutting board to make flatbread, they might fall away from cutting board and roll somewhere else.  Kind of unstable...

Please see attached files for more info...This is not meant to be negative criticism of your mod...Maybe because my computer hardware, system, and mods are different from yours, you might not have these unique problems. I used the console to make things easier on myself. Thank you for an interesting mod...Otherwise, I would not continue using it to try to make different things...

Edited by Munch Universe

Hi OP,

thanks for the many notes on things which need fixing. I'll fix what I can, but I have to explain a few because they can't be fixed. 

-  I tried to make flatbread pie according to guide instructions. Instead of flatbread pie, mod asks "Make raw tomato flatbread using flour dough, flour dough?" I did not add  tomato so the question does not make sense.

-  Grammatically, game says These cheese wheel will make a nice sauce.

-   I kept seeing message # of ingredients don't match a recipe even after I successfully make something...

-   I had 2 separate pieces of boar meat on the cutting board. When dragging knife to cut up boar meat, mod asks if I want to make marinated boar meat. It makes no sense because I did not add marinade to the boar meat.

The confirmation message you are seeing is sort of a debug mechanism which could be deactivated, but because of messages like this, it is better to have it active. What the script does is show this message "Make " + product name / ingredient #1 / ingredient #2 / ingredient #3 + "?". So it tells you what the script is working with, regardless of what you think you added. Most of the time what you think and what the script recognizes is the same, so there is no problem. But when they differ, then something is a bit screwy. I'll check the scripts to see if I can explain exactly what it did there. It sounds like there could be a mix up in the recipes. Thanks for calling it to my attention, keep an sharp eye out for more such.

"These" + product gives the messed up grammar you noted. Because it is difficult to know if single or plural will apply in this case, I picked plural for simplicity, but I can probably find a way to add a check to use "This" when appropriate.

The message about # of ingredients is probably something that I cannot fix. At least some of the messages are caused by products of a recipe which are also an ingredient for another recipe. Because the second recipe is incomplete, you see such a message. I'll look at it, maybe I can come up with an idea, but it is probably something you'll just have to live with.

The boar meat problem is probably related to the flatbread problem, where the ingredients the board sees are different than the ones you think are recognized. I'll have a closer look.

I'll track this one down. It is a side effect of a different bug fix. I've seen it myself, but didn't really worry about it.

-   Conversion of Wood causes mod to say fire has gone out. I am just starting to change/convert the wood and I have not put fire out so the message does not make sense.

-   2 barrel ends left over after making aging barrel

-   Hardwood Plank fell through floor when I deliberately dropped it

-   When skinning animals like wolves, the animal moves several feet away from me after I successfully skin it. This does not seem to make any sense...

As far as I know, having barrel ends or other construction pieces left over is a fairly rare problem. Are you seeing it each time, or just saw it once and reported it? Either way is fine, I'm just trying to collect more information. It relates to the barrel ends being lost by the script after they served their purpose to get a script going, but before they can be deleted. It usually relates to them moving in some way at the moment when you are trying to make a barrel. If it isn't something that happens every time, there is probably nothing I can do to fix it. My advice is to disable the barrel ends (or reuse them, if you don't mind a minor cheat.)

Lots of things can fall through the floor. The planks are not the worst offenders by far. Many vanilla items have the same problem. The floor is visualized as a plane in the 3d world, but collision is a much trickier problem than it appears. To explain would take quite a bit of space and I'd have to know more about how much you know about information technology to get the level right. So I'll just leave it as a vanilla problem common to Oblivion and many other games. CB makes it worse because many of our items are small and the smaller the item, the more likely it is to fall through the floor. 

We can't prevent this from happening rarely (if it happens consistently, it can be fixed) but it is important how you react. If anything falls through the floor, you must open the console, type "tcl" [toggle collision] and go underground to retrieve the lost item. If you do not, the next time you drop a hardwood plank, you will find it hovering in mid air. An underground item makes all other items of exactly the same type (softwood planks will not be affected) lose their Havok properties (physics engine in Oblivion). Once you pick the lost item up again, Havok is restored, so this is a problem which seems very serious, but is easily fixed if you only know how. If you find that something is hovering in mid air but you didn't know you lost one, you can be sure you did lose one somewhere withing 1 quadrant in any direction. Usually you can guess because you had a base somewhere and perhaps left something lying around which you can no longer find. Go underground and search until you find it. They are usually just at the water line, if any.

The skinning problem is also built into vanilla. The game has a system for determining where it is "safe" to place an actor, which mods cannot influence or change. It leads to unfortunate teleportation of corpses in CB skinning. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about this one. 

-   Silver bowl turns into mixing bowl. When I take mixing bowl back into my inventory, it becomes a tan bowl. The silver bowl is no longer there and I cannot get a silver bowl back in my inventory after using conversion P key.

he way the scripts work, a silver bowl is qualified to turn into a mixing bowl, but a mixing bowl always converts into a simple tan bowl, regardless of how it started out. To do it any other way would mean we would have to track the state of each bowl when first converted, then return it to what it was. That is theoretically possible, but takes a lot of savegame space for very little gain. So in this case my advice is to not convert your silver bowls if you want to sell them. I could add a line to the guide to explain, though it is likely to be overlooked by most players.

-   Much of the flatbread recipes are raw. They need to be placed on a cooking plate to be fully cooked. This is not mentioned in the guide.

-   I can't make ham jerky in the aging barrel. Therefore, it is not possible to make the flatbread recipe requiring ham jerky. Alternative recipe that I discovered that is possible: flour dough + cheese sauce + sliced ham + cutting

board + rolling pin creates Meat Ham Cheese Flatbread...not mentioned in the guide...

I'll add it to the guide. I think the idea behind the ham jerky is that ham is already preserved, so that ham jerky doesn't really make sense. Pork jerky, sure, but not ham jerky. I'll figure out if the guide is at fault or if the scripts need a little tweaking. 

-   CB timescale didn't work much for me in reducing aging time.

CB timescale actually only affects plant growing time. But you have a point, it should impact aging as well. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

-   After a while, can't make corn flour in my game...Don't know why...Conscribe logs + save games attached might yield more insight...

I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

-   When dropping eggs or stacks of eggs to cutting board to make flatbread, they might fall away from cutting board and roll somewhere else.  Kind of unstable...

This is another one of the "you'll just have to live with it" type of answers. Square eggs will fail in a different, more obvious way. Unfortunately the physics engine is too good here, so that round things roll downhill as they should. My only advice is to be careful your board is really level when you use it. If you press grab while dropping something from inventory, you grab it as soon as it is in the game world. That might also help to be able to place things carefully. Same goes for meats dropped into the barrel. You may find that technique solves your barrel aiming problem.

I appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like a lot, but I can probably clear it all up in half a day. That half a day is probably not today, but I'll get to it over the weekend and let you know when a patch is available.

Edited by Munch Universe

From OP11111:

More Observations:

• Had trouble making salted wolf meat. Tried dropping sliced wolf meat + salt into the aging barrel. CB Time Scale was set to 0. Sliced wolf meat disappeared in aging barrel and I could not retrieve it.

• I couldn't make marinade with ale, beer, mead, or wine + seed oil following instructions in the guide. As I understand it, I drop a bottle of ale, beer, mead, or wine, into the mixing bowl first. Then I drop seed oil into the bowl and then I drop a spoon. When I did this, the game says something about flavor I think, but I saw no marinade in the bowl or in my inventory.

• I couldn't make meat soup mix with wolf meat (used mixing bowl)

• I couldn't make frumente mix with wolf meat (used mixing bowl)

• Instead of making root pulp as outlined in the guide, I ended up making seasoned potatoes using recipe of potato + potato + cutting board + knife

• Tried making meat soup mix with boar meat. Raw meat soup is result. When raw meat soup is placed inside cooking pot near fire, it does not cook at all

I started by looking at the barrel ends. I tried and failed to reproduce the problem on my machine. In my hands, the script worked flawlessly. The logs OP added to the message clearly indicate an error in the script, so I have no doubt whatsoever that the problem is real. I could use more data on this one. If anyone else has seen this problem and can describe the circumstances, please let me know.

I suspect it requires some set of circumstances which are a little unusual. On possibility is having a stack of construction objects. If a pair of barrel ends rest on one another, the bottom one probably treats the top one as an object to be used for construction while the top one might registered the expected 5 wooden hoops and 9 wood slats. If the bottom barrel ends have the top barrel ends registered, that would prevent the deletion of the top barrel ends. I'll run an explicit test, but as a general tip, never stack anything used as a base item for construction: barrel ends, wood panel, pole supports, plank supports, canoe frame, yurt frame.

EDIT: Another good idea that didn't pan out. Placing one "barrel ends" on top of another had no impact on the script in my hands. The top barrel built fine and the barrel ends disappeared despite being registered by the lower barrel ends. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by Munch Universe
test results report

- I tried to make flatbread pie according to guide instructions. Instead of flatbread pie, mod asks "Make raw tomato flatbread using flour dough, flour dough?" I did not add

tomato so the question does not make sense.

This turns out to be the result of an extremely subtle bug. Normally I can find most bugs in about 5 minutes, but after having a close look at this one, at first I thought it must be impossible, even though I saw the problem in my own testing. The explanation is complex, so I'll try to summarize briefly. 

The recipe arrays typically call for Item1 and Item2, usually different item types. The way the checks work, they are not really checking that they have 1 Item1 and 1 Item2, instead they are checking that they found 1 of something on one of the arrays and 1 of something on the arrays and that there are 2 components present. This catches almost everything, but dough + dough slipped through the hole. In this example, it means that the script found 1 Item1 and another Item1 and that there are 2 components. Using something not in the dough array fails, as it should. I haven't tested it, but by this logic, two tomato sauces must also produce the same result, a tomato flatbread instead of nothing.

My first attempt to fix it failed, but I'll figure it out.

EDIT: After a few more unsuccessful attempts, I'm having second thoughts about fixing this problem. A fix looks like it will require re-engineering how the script works on a fundamental level. The danger is great that fixing this obscure, not particularly harmful bug will trigger a bunch of new bugs which might be frequent and nasty. 

Edited by Munch Universe
Update of current status

Reference Guide now calls for 1 dough to make a plain flatbread. Using two dough to get a tomato flatbread is a bug, but I'm going to leave it for fear that the cure is worse than the disease. Two boar meat on the board is probably the same problem and will similarly be ignored. The bugs are minor and you pay a price for them, so at worst it is a minor exploit.

Fixed "These cheese wheel will make a fine sauce", now reads "This cheese wheel will make a fine sauce".

Fixed campfire reporting it was put out when wood is converted.

Guide updated to explain that you need to cook your raw flatbreads.

Seed oil + ale in the bowl with the spoon resulted in a stack of 4 marinades in my hands after two questions. First was whether I wanted to add flavor [no], then if I wanted to make marinade out of seed oil and ale [ok]. I find the cancel button is positioned a little unfortunately because a quick response is more likely to hit it than OK, but for programming reasons it is much better to have cancel first. Could you give marinades another shot?
If it fails, the reason could be a source of alcohol not native to vanilla, CB or Cobl. Any alcohol added by another mod will be ignored.

Technical Background

There is a trade off between using object names and EditorIDs. The EditorID is an internal name which is unique to each object in the game. The object name is what you see on the screen and need not, necessarily be unique. More importantly, the screen name can be translated without impacting game mechanisms. A mod relying on EditorIDs can only recognize objects from specified mods, while using a screen name would allow unknown types of "meat" to be recognized, even from unknown mods. The problem is that any non-English language version will fail miserably. The German word for "meat" is "Fleisch", so you can see how a routine looking for "meat" must fail. Versions of CB up to 0.7 used names a lot, but I changed it to EditorIDs for most purposes to make translations possible one fine day. Even without translation, CB is compatible with foreign language versions of Oblivion, though it will use English language names for anything it adds to the game itself. I think that is more important than recognizing objects from unknown mods.

Latest Version

CB 0.812.1 + CBFix_BeesKnees_27102017. 

I also uploaded a new version of the reference guide CB812a

Edited by Munch Universe