• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP WIP

Oblivion XP WIP

View File

Update: New WIP Release

In addition to the fix for high resolution monitors and the various level-up bugs, this release also has a customized location discovery script for the Shivering Isles. See the change log, below.

What's next? I'm working with DavidJCobb on making Ob XP compatible with Northern UI.

IMPORTANT: Uninstall any previous version of Ob XP before installing this version. Do NOT make a new save. Uninstall the old version of Oblivion XP, check to make sure all of the old files have been deleted, especially if you use OBMM, and then install the new version. I have moved the menu files around and the old copies may not be cleared out properly if you don't uninstall first. If you use BAIN, it would be fine, but other methods will require that you uninstall first, so it's better to do it for all installation methods.

After uninstalling Oblivion XP, you may want to anneal the package for your UI if you use BAIN. If you're using another installer, then you should uninstall and reinstall your UI. Then install the new version of Oblivion XP.

NOTE: If you load your saved game and are presented with a blank levelup menu, just click DONE and then immediately load your saved game again. Then open the levelup menu and level up your character. This is another symptom of the bug and it will be fixed once you reload your game and level up.

Change Log 4.4

• fixed prompt to initialize Oblivion XP after first level-up bug
  • fixed bug in point award for reading scrolls
  • deleted generic_background75.xml. No longer used.
  • cleaned up menus. Parameterized more elements, removed duplicate definitions. Fixed text wrap length so the menu works with other languages.
  • changed colour of skill cost text to make it easier to see.
  • fixed level-up menu for high resolution monitors (1440p and above).
  • enhanced Shivering Isles location discovery. Previously it only gave a static number of points. Now you'll get a varying number of points based on distance to nearest city.
  • added option to hide HUD message log completely. See messageLogVisible variable in ini file. If you hide the message log, you should turn off the XP gained chime too (messageSoundXP).
  • added NMM installation script created by Haikem. Thanks Haikem!

Edited by AndalayBay
Details of latest release

I've added a note about uninstalling previous versions first. Sorry, I didn't think to mention this because I use BAIN. :) Even if you use BAIN, it would be a good idea to uninstall first, although you'll have to run BOSS to sort your load order again.

Not certain what you mean by 4k. 

I'm running the same resolution as RavenMind,and Oblivion xp works perfectly.

The Level Up screen is not the same as the vanilla character screen.  You can see teh skills to be levelled up now.

The screen was transparent before ,making it nigh on impossible to read.

Upon first levelling up, the screen didn't restart.

Transparent? No one has ever reported that before. I suspect you had an installation issue.

4K = 4x1024 = 4096 and above. 4096x2304 is a 4K display, for example. People have found that even 1440p doesn't work.

My monitors are 1920x1200, so I know that works fine. I need someone with a higher resolution than that to let me know if my fix works. :)

Thanks for confirming the other fixes, guys. :)

@Malonn are you stalking me? And now you have realized why I asked to merge broken armor and the gate walking mod; but also why I asked to merge the inebriation fix

Btw,  YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE MALONN. AND YOU LEFT OOO LIKE THAT, IT BECAME THE SAME THING YOU SWORE TO DESTROY
A HUGE NUMBER OF SCRIPTING BUGS

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2873-combatomega/ --> by the way, this mod may interest both of you searching for stuff around

@Andaylaybay. Thanks. 

Wait, Combat Omega got released? Huh. I was under the impression it was a homebrew that permissions were never obtained for. Someone sent it to me (unsolicited) a while back. Of course she also claimed to be running over 1000 mods with careful xEdit edits & Gecko merges...  Seeing that Fienix is the submitter makes me think perms were obtained though. I just deleted the thing and moved on. How do you like it anon1?

Also, I think Malonn was modifying for personal use anyway. I think it's awful nice of him to have considered sharing his tweaks & modifications as it is. :)

Probably think I'm stalking you now too? LOL I had another guy accuse me of that on Nexus, but we just happened to be following the same mods. :P

Edited by RavenMind

I saw your exchange, and Fienyx said he released it. And he added that, given he never took merit of any of the content inside the merged mod, asking for permission, also from authors that are no more on the community, makes no sense.  

Edited by anonimousone

Must've been someone else. I haven't had any exchanges with Fienyx that were anything but pleasant that I can recall, and nothing about that mod. I wasn't even aware he was connected to it. (Hence, my surprise.) The gal who told me about it just said it was a mashup of a bunch of different combat mods, and left me with the impression that she made it. Unless I'm thinking of something completely different. I really don't have any opinions on the mod or its use of other assets one way or the other. Haven't tried it, don't know what's in it, and don't have time to care quite frankly. :P  Just surprised that it was available for download somewhere and was wondering what you thought of it. (Like was it worth trying.) That's all. :)

Ah, good find! I didn't remember that conversation. The mashup must be something else I was thinking of then. It was definitely a female, the exchange was via PM, and she sent me a link to Dropbox or Google. I think I see where the confusion about perms is. When he said, "Just like my current copy of CombatOmega. Has mods with no/denied permissions." I wasn't thinking that was the version he had uploaded to LL, but his personal copy, and since he already said he wouldn't upload his "COBL Life" compilation due to denied perms, I figured he was a decent guy. I do take mod piracy seriously though, I just reported one that somebody uploaded to Nexus that was a word for word, CRC matching ripoff of another mod that had been on there for years, even though I greatly dislike the original mod author & most of their work, and lo & behold, it's been taken down. LOL, Come to think of it, that's how Andalay & I met - somebody trying to rip off All Natural. Not like I'm a "Perm Nazi", I just don't like seeing other peoples hard work used for someone else's gain.

I get the feeling you think I'm criticizing his uploading of Combat Omega, or are doubting he has proper permissions. I'm not. As I said, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion, nor the time/desire to care right now. I would still like to know what you thought of it though, so when I regain the time/desire I can add it to my list of mods to potentially play with.

And with that, I'm going to take some more cold medicine & head off to bed. 'night! :)

On 12/19/2017 at 7:08 PM, anonimousone said:

@Malonn are you stalking me? And now you have realized why I asked to merge broken armor and the gate walking mod; but also why I asked to merge the inebriation fix

Btw,  YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE MALONN. AND YOU LEFT OOO LIKE THAT, IT BECAME THE SAME THING YOU SWORE TO DESTROY
A HUGE NUMBER OF SCRIPTING BUGS

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2873-combatomega/ --> by the way, this mod may interest both of you searching for stuff around

@Andaylaybay. Thanks. 

Lol, no I'm not stalking you.  There are key sites if you're into Bethesda game modding.  Nexus is a major one, this is one... I haven't seen you on AFK--you should go there too.  Good Oblivion stuff and some knowledgeable folks.

As for OOO, I just got an itch one day to fix the container scripts.  WalkerInShadows asked to merge it and in the process had questions.  So I helped.  But I never intended to be the official OOO maintainer.  I'm getting my personal copy squared away.  I'll still contribute to OOO, it's just the devotion of my time jumps from project to project (personal stuff mostly).

I posted this on the Nexus page, but figured I'd post here as well since I'm using the Beta.  There are two issues I had:

1. When I updated to the Beta version (using Wrye Bash) on an existing game, I could now increase attributes. However, the attributes on the right-hand side of the screen (Luck, etc.) - once a point was added, I couldn't remove it; the attribute only highlighted for selection if I was hovering over the "Add" button. (Not game breaking, just need to be careful when making my selections.)

2. On a brand new game, I can't level up. I reached Level 2 while in the tutorial, and clicking on the "Level Up" section from the main stats page just closes that menu without doing anything. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on my new game when it was working fine on the existing. I'm not using DarNUI or anything like that; actually running a fairly light mod list.  I thought at first maybe it was because I was in the tutorial section, but even after exiting the sewers I was unable to level up. I *did* create a custom class this time, rather than picking a predefined class, could that be the issue?

Mod List:

1. Spoiler

1. Oblivion.esm
    2. Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
    3. Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
    4. UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
    5. DLCShiveringIsles.esp
    6. Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
    7. DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
    8. DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
    9. DLCThievesDen.esp
    10. DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
    11. DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
    12. DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
    13. DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
    14. DLCVileLair.esp
    15. DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
    16. DLCHorseArmor.esp
    17. DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
    18. DLCOrrery.esp
    19. DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
    20. DLCSpellTomes.esp
    21. DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
    22. DLCFrostcrag.esp
    23. DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
    24. Knights.esp
    25. Kinghts - Unofficial Patch.esp
    26. Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
    27. P1DkeyChain.esp
    28. Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover.esp
    29. Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
    30. BrumaGuildReconstructed.esp
    31. Bag of Alchemy Rewrite.esp
    32. QZ Easy Menus.esp
    33. SM Plugin Refurbish(Merged).esp
    34. Oblivion XP.esp
    35. Bashed Patch, 0.esp

OBSE Plugins:

• Blockhead.dll
    • Elys_USV.dll
    • FastExit2.dll
    • MenuQue.dll
    • obse_jail_fix.dll
    • OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll
    • obse_training_fix.dll

Also, in case it matters - I did adjust several of the XP values in the ini prior to starting the new game, so prior to the first level-up.  

Edited by Avilyn
Added OBSE plugins & Info on adjusting XP values.

That load order has some issues. Please sort your load order with BOSS and then rebuild your Bashed Patch. If you did, then I guess Ob XP winds up at the bottom in such a small LO. P1DKeyChain shouldn’t be used anymore - it causes problems with other mods. I’m not sure QZ Easy Menus would be compatible with Ob XP - I don’t know what it does, but given the problems you’re having, it could be the culprit.

You really shouldn’t level-up until you define your character class. I’ve never gotten enough points to level up during the tutorial, so I’ve never had this problem. It’s something that’s happened to a few people, but it doesn’t happen often. I’m not sure how to fix it either. I always play with a custom class, so that’s not the issue.

QZ Easy Menus gives hotkeys for bringing up Inventory, Journal, Skills, etc. pages directly instead of having to go through the usual way - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23404  is the mod link.  I sorted the load order with LOOT, will d/l BOSS and compare; I've seen mentioned that BOSS doesn't sort the DLCs correctly, but I can make manual adjustments if needed.  Didn't realize the KeyChain mod didn't play well with others, will remove that, set the XP values back to default until after the first level up, and see if that helps.   Thanks for the tips.  I'll report back either way.

Edit:  Fixed load order with BOSS; went through the tutorial using default values in the XP mod so that I didn't level prior to choosing a class/exiting the sewers (made a save right before exiting).  Could not level up - the screen disappeared as soon as I clicked on it; same problem as before.  I uninstalled the QZ Easy Menus mod, reloaded the save just before exiting the sewers, leveled up, and this time the level up screen appeared.  So it looks like there is definitely a conflict with the QZ Easy Menus mod.  Oh well, it was nice to have, but I prefer to keep Oblivion XP.  :-) 

Still cannot remove points added to attributes in the second column on the right hand side of the screen, however, just FYI.

Edited by Avilyn
Update on resolution.