• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP WIP

It happened again when leveling from 2 to 3--attributes and skills did not get applied.

I'm decent with the CS(E).  Yep I always run Extender.  Let me know what you need me to do.

Great - thanks. There seems to be something stopping your game from logging your progress properly. Have you removed your version of Fundament? I’m wondering if you need to reinstall Oblivion XP so that it can reset everything. I’d like to check a couple of things first. I’ll reply again later with the details.

Yes, I've removed everything that effects skill rates.  I no longer get the skill has leveled message.

I'd prefer not to have to clean save my game, but I'm here to troubleshoot.

Sure:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  MigMaster.esm  [Version 1.3]
02  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.37]
03  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul_II.esm  [Version 0.9]
++  Goblin Totem Staff Icon.esp
04  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.5]
++  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
05  OblivionReloaded.esp
06  Custom Effects.esp
07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
08  Atmospheric Loading Screens - Original Text.esp
09  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.37]
0A  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.8.1]
0B  Immersive Interiors - Bravil.esp
0C  Immersive Interiors - Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.5]
0D  Consistent Beggar Voices.esp
0E  Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.1]
0F  Storms & Sound.esp
10  Better Rainbows.esp
11  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.37]
12  WindowLightingSystem.esp
13  AliveWaters.esp
14  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
15  CoO1.esp
16  RealDaysAndMonths.esp
17  drifting seeds.esp
18  ImprovedSigns.esp
19  My Voice Extender.esp
++  PalePassIce.esp
1A  QQuix - Rock, rock, rock your ship - V3.esp
1B  wd purse of wonders.esp
1C  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
1D  Populated Prisons.esp  [Version 1.2]
1E  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
1F  HUD Damage Counters.esp
20  kuerteeAutoSaveAndTime.esp
21  MigMiscellanea.esp  [Version 1.9.1]
22  MigWolfRestore.esp  [Version 1.0]
23  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
24  No More Wild Goose Chases.esp
25  Enhanced Hotkeys.esp  [Version 2.3.1]
26  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  DLCSpellTomes - OBSEfixer.esp  [Version 2.2]
++  Roach Horse Replacer.esp
27  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul_II.esp  [Version 0.9]
28  Diverse Effect Icons for OOO.esp
++  EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer for OOO.esp
29  PAWindmills.esp
2A  Project Ambience Merge.esp
2B  Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp  [Version 3.41]
++  BDBS - Brighter Interiors.esp  [Version 3.41]
2C  Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands.esp  [Version 2.01]
2D  Better Benirus Manor.esp  [Version 5.1-SI]
2E  Better Benirus Manor - AN Patch.esp  [Version 5.1-BN]
2F  Better Benirus Manor - RL Patch.esp  [Version 5.1]
30  Benirus Manor LOD Fix.esp  [Version 1.0]
31  Better Rosethorn Hall.esp  [Version 1.1]
32  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0]
++  KR+PA-Windmills Patch.esp
33  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
34  LetThePeopleDrink.esp  [Version 2.61]
35  BrumaGuildReconstructed.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
36  Knights.esp
37  Knights - Book Jackets.esp
38  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
39  Oblivion Uncut.esp
3A  Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.0]
++  ROC+LtPD Patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
3B  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
3C  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 6.3.2]
3D  Dynamic DLT.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
3E  Grass Overhaul.esp
++  RoC+OGO Patch.esp
3F  MagicArrows.esp  [Version 2.0]
40  Reworked Posts.esp
41  RoC+RP Patch.esp
42  Skill Perk Descriptions.esp  [Version 1.1]
43  StarX Vampire Deaths.esp
44  Duke Patricks - Combat Archery.esp  [Version 7.3.5]
45  MigBashing.esp  [Version 1.6]
46  Oblivion XP.esp
47  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
48  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.7EV]
++  ScriptEffectIconReplace.esp
49  NewMerge2.esp
4A  MiniMap.esp
++  ROC Standard Road Record.esp
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.37]
++  Better Rosethorn Hall - AN Fix.esp
++  LandMagicPatch.esp
4B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
4C  Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp  [Version 4.9.1]

Gah, we really need to find some new forum software. I’ll have to look at that when I get back to my desktop. One more thing, are you getting any console errors?

Yeah I know it’s the theme. We haven’t fixed it up to now because we were hoping to be using new forum software. :P

Anyway thanks. :beerchug:

@Malonn, Ob XP is dodgy with OblivionReloaded. Did you turn off the levelling stuff in the OR ini? You don’t need Skill Perk Descriptions - Ob XP has its own. I don’t think Ob XP is compatible with OCO either, although I don’t know why it wouldn’t be. I’ve had some scattered reports, but it’s possible that it was wrongly blamed. I think you’ve got some mods that are interfering with Ob XP. You can try removing a couple of the suspects or you may have to go back to Fundament or something similar.

I'm going to hang in there.  It could be foul play.  Levels 5 to 6 and 6 to 7 had their settings saved.  Other than that and the double level up (which you know about) at level one, I haven't had an issue with XP.  I had some passing design considerations for you, but damn if I shouldn't have written them down--I can't remember what they were.

Doing a BAIN wizard for BTmod- like DarNified it modifies the stats_menu.xml file. Should a check be put in to not load that modification when OXP is active as well? Thanks.

My installation instructions tell people to install the UI first and Ob XP afterwards so it can override the files. Oblivion XP has customized versions of the menus for all UI’s that it supports.

Needless to say, I recommend taking a cursory look at the installation instructions. You should also check out the incompatibilities section in the readme.

Actually checking the UI files was enough- 

stats_menu.xml
hud_main_menu.xml <= This, I wasn't aware of!

and Dark UI also requires this: hud_info_menu.xml

Hmmm, don't know whether a BAIN wizard should be done for Dark UI- it's a very well presented mod with compatibilities for BTmod & older Darn. Looking at the comments in the last few years it seems to be superseded by the others- perhaps it's best left alone after all.

I only have one user that I know of who uses Dark UI. It's basically the vanilla UI with a dark background. The guy that used it did so because he liked to play on his television, so he needed the big fonts. So yeah, I wouldn't worry about doing a BAIN wizard for that one.

:lmao:

When I reworked all the menus, I asked which UI's people wanted me to support. I can't remember his name now, but he was very active on the forums at the time and asked me to keep Dark UI.

No, I started with Oblivion. I went back and played all the games though. I’m trying to help with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch, hosted here, but I’m not familiar enough with the game to be much help. I’ll use the UESP to help with the stuff I don’t know. If you’re interested in modding Morrowind, we could really use the help.

@Anda, with the Oblivion XP-35333-4-3-2.7z\02 DarkUId DarN\Menus\Prefabs\ the fill_bar.xml won't overwrite the DarkUId DarN version of the file which gets installed in another nested DarN directory- e.g.: Oblivion XP-35333-4-3-2.7z\02 DarkUId DarN\Menus\Prefabs\DarN.

17 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

No, I started with Oblivion. I went back and played all the games though. I’m trying to help with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch, hosted here, but I’m not familiar enough with the game to be much help. I’ll use the UESP to help with the stuff I don’t know. If you’re interested in modding Morrowind, we could really use the help.

It's the same for me, AB.  The first ES game I played was Oblivion--I fell in love with it and haven't fallen out.  I own a GotY Morrowind, but have never played through it.  I've barely played it at all, honesty.  I have my eye on Open Morrowind though, and that will be my choice for the first full playthrough.  I'd like to try SkyWind, but those guys will never finish.

But, like you, I'm not familiar with Morrowind.  If there's any scripting help needed I'd be happy to throw in there.  I believe the language is identical to that of Oblivion.