• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP WIP

File Name: Oblivion XP WIP

File Submitter: AndalayBay

File Submitted: 28 Oct 2017

File Category: Gameplay Changes

I have implemented a potential fix for the broken levelup menu for people with high resolution monitors (1440p and above) and I need help testing it. This version also has a number of other fixes, including the nasty first-time levelup bug where people were being prompted to initialize Oblivion XP after levelling up.

IMPORTANT: Uninstall any previous version of Ob XP before installing this version. Do NOT make a new save. Uninstall the old version of Oblivion XP, check to make sure all of the old files have been deleted, especially if you use OBMM, and then install the new version. I have moved the menu files around and the old copies may not be cleared out properly if you don't uninstall first. If you use BAIN, it would be fine, but other methods will require that you uninstall first, so it's better to do it for all installation methods.

NOTE: If you load your saved game and are presented with a blank levelup menu, just click DONE and then immediately load your saved game again. Then open the levelup menu and level up your character. This is another symptom of the bug and it will be fixed once you reload your game and level up.

Click here to download this file

I've added a note about uninstalling previous versions first. Sorry, I didn't think to mention this because I use BAIN. :) Even if you use BAIN, it would be a good idea to uninstall first, although you'll have to run BOSS to sort your load order again.

I still haven't heard if my fix works for people with 4K monitors. If anybody has a 4K monitor, could you test the level-up screen and let me know if it works now?

Not certain what you mean by 4k. 

I'm running the same resolution as RavenMind,and Oblivion xp works perfectly.

The Level Up screen is not the same as the vanilla character screen.  You can see teh skills to be levelled up now.

The screen was transparent before ,making it nigh on impossible to read.

Upon first levelling up, the screen didn't restart.

Transparent? No one has ever reported that before. I suspect you had an installation issue.

4K = 4x1024 = 4096 and above. 4096x2304 is a 4K display, for example. People have found that even 1440p doesn't work.

My monitors are 1920x1200, so I know that works fine. I need someone with a higher resolution than that to let me know if my fix works. :)

Thanks for confirming the other fixes, guys. :)