• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Bongmongus

Unrecognized Plugins

Forever full of questions.  How do you position  unrecognised Plugins into your BOSS load order.  I'll write you my list of Unrecognised Plugins.

Arcane Warrior (Custom made Class)

Templar Class (Same)

Arcana (Same Again)

Mystic Warrior (Same Again)

DarkBlade (Same Again)

Cleric (Same Again)

Arcane Warrior Revised (Same Again)

BowCaster (Same Again)

Vaults of Neverdeath (An Armour mod involving a short quest)

Azure Warrior Chest (Armour and Weapon mod)

Azure Retribution Chest (Heavy Armour version of Azure Warrior Chest)

Gonzos Sinner Vixen Chest (Armour mod and stash of cash.)

Invisibility Robe ver2 (God item and cheat mod)

OC-Lightsabers-ThunderDark Patch (Patch esp).

I'm asking this question because this is an area I am slightly lost in; where do you place these so called Unrecognised Plugins.

I'm also scared of doing it myself.  I think in the past anytime I've positioned Unrecognised Plugins myself, I've mucked things up.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this @Andalay Bay.

I moved your post so we don't clutter the other thread any further.

First, click on the unrecognized plugins in the list from BOSS. That will allow you to report them so they get added to the master list. Then you use Wrye Bash to sort them manually. Basically I would just drag your Bashed Patch so it's at the very end of your load order and leave all these plugins where BOSS put them, which will be at the end of your load order. Your Bashed Patch should always be the very last plugin in your load order.

I don't think it matters where any of those mods are positioned, except patch mods always load after the mods that they are patching.

Thanks Andalay Bay.  Didn't mean to clutter the other post.  I posted my comment there as I thought your topic was the proper place for it.

Followed your instructions.  Everything's sorted. Thanks again.

You know, Andalay, I have to expand on your suggestion.  If you find yourself adjusting load order a lot, it would be a good idea to set a custom rule for those unrecognized plugins.  You can do it the long way: a text editor with the latest masterlist and a custom rule doc, or download the magic that is BOSS Userlist Manager.  Use that to easily sort your unrecognized plugins in (perhaps) the "correct" location.  This can still be done without BUM, but it would take a lot longer.  Also, the last person working on BOSS (masterlist) was mhan (sic) and I haven't seen him anywhere.  He may be retired?  In which case you may be getting more and more unrecognized plugins.

He's still going strong on Nexus as mhahn123. Surprised BOSS isn't updated for Unique Landscapes though, especially since some of his patches are involved, not to speak of his Chorrol Hinterland update.

I haven't heard from him for a while, but just before I released the newly renamed Unique Landscapes patches, mhahn got stuck with non-stop work (he often works 7 day weeks), and had zero time for mods, relaxation, his own family. He's simply not had a chance to get back to the masterlist since that time.

Oh ok.  If he's busy with RL, weird timing that right when  the old Beth forums shut down he got slammed.  Every week he was on there updating the masterlist.  Hey, RL happens; it sure does...

7 hours ago, Vorians said:

mhahn got stuck with non-stop work (he often works 7 day weeks), and had zero time for mods, relaxation, his own family. He's simply not had a chance to get back to the masterlist since that time.

That's what I was told as well, though he was hoping to get back to working on a masterlist update soon. That was about 2mos ago IIRC. He did encourage people to still update the BOSS thread with mod info  & make use of the Submit Unknown Plugin Info link in the BOSS_GUI.

@Bongmongus BUM is a great tool and worth learning to use. For now I'd stick with Andalay's suggestion & just place those at the bottom of your LO, above the Bashed Patch, with other patches going immediately after the mods they patch. We can talk about groupings & custom placement based on content if you want to get a little more fluent in xEdit & conflict resolution.