• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
AndalayBay

IP.Board 4.x Bugs

We are experiencing tons of bugs with IP.Board 4.x. I have four support tickets open with IPS. These bugs are preventing us from implementing several forum features, so we'll be stuck with what we've got until they are resolved. I just wanted to let you guys know in case you're wondering about the lack of features.

Damned IPS!! :realmad:

I think I just found the source of the bugs we're experiencing. IPS has completely changed their directory structure under 4.x, so I need to rework the server definition file. We're running Nginx. Under Nginx you restrict the directories that people can execute PHP scripts from for security and with a new directory structure... I'm surprised anything works at all, actually. I'll work on that tomorrow. If you get a 403 forbidden error, or you click on a button and it does nothing, that's why.

Release notes anyone?

7 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Until those bugs are fixed, I will probably go color blind after looking on the white background too much. :P

*Gasp* The site! it has been sun dried :blink:

on the Plus side it does look more updated! Good job AndalayBay!!!! :beerchug: now if those support tickets get answered soon we'll all be in business again

8 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Wear sunglasses everyone!

Do you have a pair of *digitalized* sunglasses to spare for a poor member that's almost color blind? :P

31 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

So would this change in the folder structure be why images in the downloads area don't load?

Yes. Right now, you can't download attachments, or upload gallery images. We can't create announcements or move blocks from the block manager. That's why we don't have recent status updates or any of that other stuff displaying.

I'll fix the server config tonight. I was debating exactly how I was going to do it.

1 hour ago, Daggerfall Dev said:

Seems I cannot access the TAL on my PC?  Kees saying can't reach this page. Only working on Mobile.

does anyone else have this issue?

Odd. Well let me fix the server config and we'll see if that helps.

Cool. Seems like a bit of an overly aggressive security setup though. Is running PHP from unwanted folders really that big of a problem? :P

Yeah, probably. That's actually what I decided and have changed things accordingly. We're all fixed now, as you can probably see. :P

When I first set this up, I followed come configuration files from others until I learned Nginx and they restricted the directories.

4 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Yes. Right now, you can't download attachments, or upload gallery images. We can't create announcements or move blocks from the block manager. That's why we don't have recent status updates or any of that other stuff displaying.

I'll fix the server config tonight. I was debating exactly how I was going to do it.

Odd. Well let me fix the server config and we'll see if that helps.

I can now access the TAL on my PC!! :) Thanks for the Fix-up AndalayBay

The images in the download area are still broken and it turns out that's nothing to do with the server configuration files. The forum software has inserted an extra directory that doesn't exist. I've opened yet another ticket with IPS.

We still can't rebuild the gallery images either. The two issues might be related.

This is not a bug, and not at all pressing. So just whenever things settle down, can you take a look at the notification settings? I'd like to be able to receive notifications, not e-mails, for the settings in the screenshot below. Unless, of-course, those options have been disabled for a reason. Thanks!

(Click to enlarge)

Notification_Settings.png

Edited by RavenMind