• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
Jimi diGriz

Skyrim VR

Skyrim VR for PC would be awesome. I can't even imagine what the CS for VR would look like... Not sure about buying a Playstation just for this, but I'm hoping the future is bright. :D

Surely Skyrim VR is nothing more than the existing game files of Skyrim with the perspective adjusted? So the CS would just be the existing CK.

They had another Zenimax studio revamp the game for VR, so it's not just a port. They actually had to rewrite a lot of things to make it... not terrible. The playstation thing is timed exclusivity; it should be coming to other platforms eventually.

That being said, dedicated VR headsets are still too expensive for my taste. I have Samsung Gear VR for my phone and the experience feels like a novelty, really. When the prices go down more I'll consider getting a dedicated headset. They're also going to have to come up with a wireless solution and something that doesn't require a bunch of sensors all over the place. Skyrim would be really interesting in VR though.

Edited by Vincent

Yeah we're waiting too. We'd only be interested in VR for the PC and we'll see who gets into that game. It was the same with OLED TV's. For the longest time, only LG was producing sets, but in the last two years, Sony and now Panasonic are making OLED's. Our AV guy swore that Panasonic was done with consumer electronics, but I knew he was full of shit. :P By the time we can afford an OLED, we at least have a few choices.