Sign in to follow this  
puddles

Misc. Creature Resources

I'm just going to be uploading various odds and ends I've made/end up making here for people to use as resources for their work if they wish. 

First up is the Abyssfish, a Daedric creature that roams the Waters of Oblivion. Hey, why not? It could exist, certainly. Has anyone ever gone to check and see if it doesn't? ;D

large.ScreenShot56.jpg.d5698c6a77cb55c1c

Abyssfish

Edited by puddles
Fixing links/removing attachments

Oh, thank you for this. I have some stuff that's a long long way from completion and I was wondering where I'd ever get some water creatures. Other than ordinary everyday fish that is.

This one has got the look of the warlock beings in The Lost Spires, I think. I like it. Look forward to more (please).

Whale Shark...there's some minor issues with the animations being a bit twitchy if actually try to FIGHT the Whale Shark due to its size, but...it's non-hostile, so...

large.WhaleShark.jpg.df77fede5e1d2b347dd

Whale Shark

Edited by puddles

I have heard of something along those lines. Also that unicorns evolved into narwhals to avoid being hunted on land, lol.

----

Fire and Frost Daedra from Arena/Daggerfall...apparently they're different from the Atronachs and more intelligent. And hate each other.

Link is here.

large.5a12016fd7224_FrostDaedra.jpg.9687

large.5a12016d3a959_FireDaedra.jpg.ecba0

---

Going to upload the Death Hound from Skyrim soon.

Edited by puddles

I finished this a while ago but never got around to fixing the eyes packaging it up...Death Hound from Skyrim, made it by tweaking the Skinned Hound in Blender to buff the limbs a bit and get rid of the exposed ribs/close its chest, then added the Flesh Atronach's collar to it neck and altered its texture. No idea if there's any Skyrim-related mods still active for Oblivion, but there's one Skyrim creature. 8D

large.5a120147c2cc8_DeathHound.jpg.40902

Death Hound.7z

Edited by puddles

puddles, please use the WIP gallery album and upload your files to the download area. Guests can't download attachments, so they won't see your pictures and they can't download your files unless you use the gallery and the download area.

You would create your own WIP album in the gallery category I linked.

Using the gallery and download areas doesn't eat into your quota.

Fixed, hadn't realized any of that. >.>; Thank you! Glad the gallery works for me now, since it hasn't worked since I joined on the old forum...

Yeah we had to upgrade to 4.x to fix it. We had no idea what broke it, but it was time for us to upgrade. I suggest you have a look at this post, especially the part about embedding images, which is linked in that post. It explains all the options.

Looking good puddles. :beerchug:

Dovah-kun is still a MAJOR work in progress, but...no longer looks so ugly I can't show it to the public, lol. I've been working on him on-and-off for almost a year.

large.reddragon.jpg.9f08ab6bd0f02e2d6af6

Edited by puddles

I've only loaded them into the CS so far, but these all look terrific. Reckon the Abyssfish and the Whale Shark, in particular, though, should have some special ingredients that they drop, scales just doesn't seem enough for such impressive creatures. (They're my favourites, true - can't have too many aquatic creatures. And I think we should have a Summon Whale Shark spell. To be cast in the Tiber Septim Hotel lobby, of course.)

Edited by tegeusCromis

:rofl:

Actually that reminds me... When Ama first started on cluttering the Sanctuaries, she put a live Slaughterfish in the kitchen area instead of a dead one. When she visited the area in-game, the fish was flopping all over the place and completely destroyed the kitchen. :lmao:

I think they are trying to attack, it's just not apparent. There's an odd thing where they sometimes end up spawning on dry land or bridges, don't know why. Be nice if you could get them to do something, I had an idea for a Spectral Slaughterfish that would swim in the air, but couldn't see a way to make it work. (Though maybe you could transfer a bunch of swimming animations to a flying creature, come to think of it.)

Yeah, you can copy all the swimming animations, delete the flopping remove the word swimming from the file name, and then in the CSE mark them as Flying in addition to Swimming. The Slaughterfish will swim and move through the air. 

23 minutes ago, puddles said:

Yeah, you can copy all the swimming animations, delete the flopping remove the word swimming from the file name, and then in the CSE mark them as Flying in addition to Swimming. The Slaughterfish will swim and move through the air. 

Oh, wow! Thanks for that info, puddles - as you can guess, creature modding is not my area. I guess I thought that if it worked surely I'd have seen someone do it by now. I'm going to try that soon, but carrying on with my increasingly kludgey coding for now.

Okay, to correct myself a bit because I was crappy typing via phone...make a copy of the Slaughterfish directory will all of the animations. Rename it...Flying Fish, or whatever you want to call the folder. Open it up, delete Idle.kf. Make a copy of all the swim*.kf files in the folder, then remove the "swim" from the .kf's name. Change the fish's skeleton directory to the new Flying Fish folder. You might need to fiddle with checking either Flies or Walks...I'm not 100% sure what the difference is game-wise. If you modify the original Slaughterfish folder's animations it'll probably cause bugs.

Thank you pebbles. I'll report back when I try it. (Well, won't be able to resist checking it soon. The idea of dungeons full of nasty ghostly fishy things floating around is irresistable.)