• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

Cross Platform Apps

The intention of this thread is to tabulate popular games & utilities of the day for quick reference.

Program

Windows

Linux

Android

IOS

Mac

Others

Chrome

Firefox

Minecraft

Heaps!

ES Legends

Fallout Shelter

XBox

Oblivion

PS3, Xbox 360

Skyrim

PS4, Xbox 1. Oldrim: PS3, Xbox 360

Morrowind

Xbox

OpenMW

Raspberry Pi 2

Spares:  :P

Edited by Schtearn

I suggest listing iOS as well. That’s the OS for iPhones and iPads. Firefox runs on those too.

Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls Legends runs on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Their Fallout Shelter runs on PC, iOS, Android and Xbox One. Under Others, perhaps you could list the OS instead of just saying it runs on something else.

I think adding some stuff from their lists would be nice. Each person has different tastes so this thread is bound to be different even if there will be some overlap. :)

What about categorizing the programs in your list in the first post to help make things easier to filter?

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

:Still staggering around in a complete state of awe-struck-ness: :wacko: It's a very powerful spell!

Absolutely agree. This list wasn't originally intended to a be-all and end-all but for "locals" to AL, yet remaining very attentive to all feedback. :) Is shared access to the OP a workaround?

Certainly! The tables are a bit awkward to port over- (done through AOO)- hopefully that won't be required before the new forum S/W. Put in the native defaults for Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind- should we include things for those like Crossover for Mac or PlayonLinux etc?

Edited by Schtearn

Well if you’re really serious, XPlane is the best. :) It’s actually certified so you can earn time towards your private pilot’s licence.

Jimi owns it and I even bought a professional radio tower similator for it (the hardware). There are companies, like Flightlink,  that produce professional similator hardware that work with XPlane.

XPlane has a ton of expansion packs for pretty much every airport in the world. It’s pretty amazing. You’ll need lots of money for the Flightlink gear though. :D

Oh, and XPlane runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Edited by AndalayBay

I'm also going to put Calibre out there. It's a great tool for managing e-books, especially those in the public domain. It can convert them to many formats, supports a multitude of devices, and can download the missing metadata for them (especially handy for the Project Gutenberg ones since they seem to exclude the basic metadata for the majority of their offerings). :)