• Announcements

• AndalayBay

SSL Installed   05/29/2018

Second IP obtained. The issues with IPv6 have also been fixed, but we can't switch to HTTPS until we switch forum software. We can't switch to HTTPS without a current license with IPS.
Sign in to follow this  
jacobypk

OBSE not detected

Okay so i've gone through the Morroblivion setup. I have disabled UAC and done everything. I have the load order correct. Every time I run steam with admin priv, oblivion won't launch. EVERY TIME I start a new game in oblivion it says OBSE not detected. Please help

You need to move your Steam library out of Program Files. Disabling the UAC is not good enough. Oblivion needs to write to Program Files and Windows’ permissions don’t allow that, even with the UAC disabled. Other than that, all I can suggest is following the instructions in the OBSE readme.

Sometimes, certain software does not run "right" when run as admin (all that comes to mind in ImgBurn now, but there's others).  In general, you shouldn't disable UAC.  Like AB said, install outside of Program Files--C:\Games or something.  You won't need to bother running as an admin then.  Also, are you on Steam, or old school disc?  Or GoG?  What I can say is that if OBSE is nt being detected, it is not installed properly.  Running as admin or not should have no effect on OBSE "doing it's thing".