• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
anonimousone

automatic procedure for automatic merging

if I got OOO knights and fcom knights

who touch the same thing

is there a tesedit automatic procedure to just tell to paste every conflicting value from one to the other,  
and then add the rest of non-conflicting entries

to make a third plugin ?

I will say that conflicting records need some personal care 9 times out of 10.  Automated merging would have to guess at what you want to do with conflicting records.  You may want one change over the other--the program won't know.  I know Merge Plugins Standalone (highly recommended, anonimousone) asks/has a setting for what to do with conflicting records.  I always do it by hand--figure out what I want and make it so.

Well, it depends.  If two mods alter the same record and both have the appropriate tags, then the later loading plugin still "wins".  So, it still comes down to the good 'ol Load Order in those cases.  So, I would suggest if someone has a case like that to look at the conflicting records in TES4Edit and choose which you prefer.

You could create a user rule in BOSS to remove the tags from one of the mods.

Another alternative, which I’ve had to do a lot, is edit your Bashed Patch manually after you build it. There are no bash tags for some things, so if bash didn’t pull in the right record, then you’ll have to do it manually. A prime example is with the name of interior cells. I run Open Cities Reborn and Arthmoor corrects the names of interior cells so they match the custom layout of the city. Despite having the appropriate tags, OCR always seems to lose and I have to pull the changes in manually. Maybe I need to take my own advice and see if I can create some user rules to help. Mind you, I just thought of it. :P

I think the easiest way to edit bash tags is right in there in Bash.  BOSS takes a little more work.  Well, or, you could put it in the description.  Add the tags via Bash, then click Add to Description.

But then you’d have to do it with every update. If the mod isn’t being updated anymore, then yes, as you said, it would be easier to just edit the tags.

To be honest, I assumed you could do it in BOSS user rules. It may not be possible. I know you can do it with LOOT, but I don’t recommend LOOT for Oblivion.

Wrye Bash authors removed support for BOSS bash tag reading when LOOT was released, so there's no point adding them into the BOSS masterlist or user rules. I think Wrye Bash remembers manual tagging doesn't it, so if you install a new version of an ESP Bash carries the tags over?

15 hours ago, anonimousone said:

Okay another question:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/5382890?tab=user+files

Do you think it would be a good idea to merge the 5 shop 'remade' mods? I won't touch Vaerlon manor.

If you need the slots.  The main point to merging is to create extra esp/m slots.  The records are still there, the scripts are still there, you just have an extra slot or two (or however many plugins you merged).

14 hours ago, anonimousone said:

I also merged harvest [flora] via CSE. Do I have to add the tags the subesps had? (Harvest SI, harvest frostcrag, harvest vile lair)

If they're different, yeah it would be a good idea to.  If not, no need.