• Announcements

• AndalayBay

SSL Installed   05/29/2018

Second IP obtained. The issues with IPv6 have also been fixed, but we can't switch to HTTPS until we switch forum software. We can't switch to HTTPS without a current license with IPS.
Visceral Moonlight

Happy Holidays!

I think your phone auto-corrected you again. :P

Happy Holidays all! I’ve been too busy with RL drama to decorate the site. We’re still unpacking and moving furniture, so we’re not going to have much in the way of decorations at home either!

Was it Happy Hellidays by any chance? LOL I'm in one of those blood red states where if you don't say Merry Christmas, people will chew you out. Used to annoy the hell out of the Jewish friend I had a while back. (I think he was one of about 5 of them here..) I used to tell him to just let it roll off his back; they're just ignorant & live in a place where everybody just assumes everybody else is Christian. :rolleyes:

Now we can only guess:

2 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

this is a catch-all thread!

Was it "catch-all tread"?

b3A-Screw-In-Tread.jpg

Certainly a candidate for a happy helliday.

On a lighter note- Happy haloday?

angel.gif

I like hellidays. I'm going to claim I made that one up, though I'm sure someone else has said it before. Think I'll greet my in-laws with that one. Hehehe...

14 hours ago, Malonn said:

Drink beer and be marry.

I do, and I am. Though if I head down south just a hundred miles or so I can pick up a few more. :P

22 hours ago, Schtearn said:

{Shakespearean} Marry!

LOL, and again I learned something new!

11 hours ago, Malonn said:

The more beer you have in your cup, the better life will be.

That's what I tried to explain to my AA sponsor, but he just didn't get it. :P

On 12/18/2017 at 4:40 PM, Malonn said:

Lol. (I hope it's okay I laughed at that)

Oh sure it's okay; I'm not an alcoholic or in recovery. Just thought it'd be amusing.  :) I have overcome other addictions though, and one of the first things you learn is that it helps if you can laugh about it, (while still taking the issue seriously). So if anyone here IS in recovery, I doubt they'd be offended.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:49 PM, AndalayBay said:

I chuckled too. ;)

Mission accomplished. B-)

On 12/17/2017 at 1:07 PM, Malonn said:

...And Frodo.  Pints.  The more beer you have in your cup, the better life will be.

Cameo from a cat who looks just like mine...who's named Pippin.

On 17/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Malonn said:

...And Frodo.  Pints.  The more beer you have in your cup, the better life will be.

Proper pints. 20 fluid ounces (568.262ml) or it's not a pint. And Happy Holidays to everyone! (That's not a phrase commonly used in the UK, actually, but I think we should steal it).

10 hours ago, tegeusCromis said:

And Happy Holidays to everyone! (That's not a phrase commonly used in the UK, actually, but I think we should steal it).

What do you use over there? The only one I'm aware of is Happy Christmas, but that's just from watching Harry Potter & The IT Crowd.. lol

18 minutes ago, RavenMind said:

What do you use over there? The only one I'm aware of is Happy Christmas, but that's just from watching Harry Potter & The IT Crowd.. lol

Yes, Happy - or Merry - Christmas. It's never occurred to me before, but perhaps we don't often refer to it as the 'Holidays' because we usually say 'holiday' instead of your 'vacation'. But then there are 'Bank Holidays' (national holidays, usually 1 or 2 days) of which Xmas is one. (Oh, I dunno, it's all a right muddle, really.)

OK, Merry Xmas, right? :)

We have forum members from various cultures, so we use the generic term. Hanukkah was very close to Christmas this year. And we can’t forget about the winter solstice! It’s party time. :D

Oh, good point about "holidays", I forgot the English (and others I think) refer to what Americans call vacations as going on holiday. Sounds very weird to my ears. :P

I like Happy Holidays, since it's pretty all-inclusive. Really though, if someone wishes me a Merry Christmas or (rarely) Happy Hannukah,  I take no offense at all, even though I'm neither Christian nor Jewish. I figure it's just somebody wishing me well, and I take it in the spirit in which it was given. :)