• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
TheDarkListener34

Unique Player Body but different bodies for NPCs

As the title says, I am having a bit of trouble with how to use a Body Preset only for the player. However, I get all the female NPCs have the same body type. I have two mods called Unique Character and Unique Character tool. Which the description got me confused on how to use it. I am using Shiva Body mod for my female character and I wanted my character to be Unique than all the female characters. I do have bodyslide and outfit mod as well. Is it with that mod or is it something else? Because I've been quite confused at this. Is there a good explanation for it? 
I've already posted a thread about it on the Nexus forums....I just copied my text on here. 

I may need just a few tips on it. I sort of already know how to use Bodyslide

However, I just want to have a unique body for my female character that I am using now. I already have all the necessary textures for it like UNP and etc. 
I did take a screenshot of my main character's spouse. Cinysa. She's actually really pretty and evil. 

Edited by TheDarkListener34

I really don’t know anything about those mods or bodies in general for Skyrim, but I don’t see how you could do something custom for the player unless you create a custom race. Basically you would replicate an existing race and use the custom textures from your preferred body mod. Those textures would have to be custom and not replace any existing textures, or all NPC’s would use them too.

I’m guessing some of those mods get around that limitation by dynamically replacing textures, but it sounds like they aren’t working properly. I would go the custom race route because doing things dynamically is inherently unstable, in my opinion.