• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

[RELz] SKSEQuasiDebugLogTest

Not much. :P This time we can resize the window, but the controls won't follow.

Also increased the window size at load, but the LV won't resize to fit the container. If you can spot what detail is missing in there, that would be great. :)  SKSEQuasiView.7z

Try this: SKSEQuasiView.7z

However there's issues remaining:

The actual controls have yet to be resized and moved on the drag. (Note the control is now created dynamically because of... dramas)

The Listview columns won't auto adjust to the new size. That might be problematic.

And the monitoring the Window itself. This has to be coded somehow out of the size event- probably in another thread- but I don't possess the where-with-alls at this time. See the following graphic:

triage.jpg.5305305118de8c1371a30a13c6534a78.jpg

Does here. No warnings on the build? Absolute head scratcher. No errors with SysTabControl32? Ah- is that on the middle monitor- as it's getting the resolution from the first one. Do the resolutions differ?

Are you able to click & scroll down with the wheel? 

All right, most resize issues have been solved this end- hopefully yours has-

SKSEQuasiView.7z

but there is still a head scratcher.

There's a limit on how small the window can be- if one resizes it to smaller than minimum twice in succession, the WM_SIZE doesn't fire, and the controls won't show. 

Now when I try to resize the window, it crashes.

There was a warning in the build:

skseview\skseview\skseview.cpp(1047): warning C4715: 'CreateOtherCtrls': not all control paths return a value

And have you thought about using version control? It would make handling rebuilds much simpler. :)

Thanks, that's now addressed yet again, hopefully. Here's another try, but now another tab has been added. If it crashes, is there anything in the event log? SKSEQuasiView.7z Edit: NVM, there's issues! :(

If there is still pain, any chance of running it in debug mode in VS?

Edited by Schtearn

Here's another shot- SKSEQuasiView.7z

Seems to have all the bugs ironed out this end- but there may be something in the VS settings your way. What happens when you click F5 to run? Does it either end prematurely or hang? What about just running the debug exe in X64 folder?

Edit: Comment out some of these lines:

HMONITOR hMon = MonitorFromWindow(GetDesktopWindow(), MONITOR_DEFAULTTOPRIMARY);
	MONITORINFO monInfo;
	monInfo.cbSize = sizeof(MONITORINFO);

if (GetMonitorInfoW(hMon, &monInfo))

Perhaps these functions are producing garbage your end- there is sure to be a way of not processing them - perhaps even with Environment variables..

Just to be sure, you are running the right version for VS Community, and have updated to the latest via Get Tools & Features. Running 15.6.2. here.

In the way we are creating the tabs, it doesn't appear obvious that it's possible to make TCS_RIGHTJUSTIFY work at all. But there were workarounds. :)

As a matter of interest, some more "recent" versions of cards using Eyefinity can support DisplayPort- so they should be Windows compatible for multi-monitor displays- or are there other factors?

Edited by Schtearn

Okay, I'll give it a try. It's possible my instance isn't set up properly, I've never been able to use an IDE. :P

Yeah, latest version.

Eyefinity is a bit iffy with DisplayPort. Apparently, the AMD driver itself doesn't fully support chaining and only lets you chain two displays together. I had a discussion with AMD support about it back in January but the release notes haven't mentioned it yet so I have no idea if it's been fixed yet. :shrug:

Just running the included executable didn't work: no scrollbar and when I try to resize it, it expands the full width of all monitors and didn't have anything in the dialogue.

Warning in the build:

SKSEView.rc(177): warning RC2182: duplicate dialog control ID 1000

When run, the built version has the same behavior as the included version.

Where are the lines you want commented? I'm not sure where to look. :P

Precompiled executable still has the same issue. Building my own now.

And my built one does the same thing.

Perhaps we should look at defining the UI with XAML (or whatever they're calling the generated stuff from GUI builder these days)? That may work better than trying to hard code things.

Okay, have hammered out a few more bugs: Try this one where the window sizing is rejigged, but have scaled things up a bit: SKSEQuasiView.7z

With or without the env variable set. :)

If this doesn't work, then put a breakpoint at the GetWindowRect function at the beginning of this:

void DlgResize(HWND OwnerHwnd)

Does it return anything sensible?

Edited by Schtearn

The Buttons are huge! Try editing out 

resX  = 1.2;
    resY = 1.2;

But that won't change much. Have you tried it without the env variable set?

There isn't anything on Tab1 yet.  Also try editing out any statements using TabCtrl_AdjustRect.

It might be doing something on yours not seen on mine.

The min button widths are set here:

TabCtrl_SetMinTabWidth(tabData.tab, (int)100 * resX);

100 pixels each. This is what is shown here:

Form.JPG.44b34babfcf104041e66ea9424b6a190.JPG

Edited by Schtearn

But... we'll have to figure out why your buttons are way too big :P Is that the way it looks when the form is loaded? Have adjusted any Windows settings affecting tabs? Or are you able to resize the dividers? - not able to here.

The env variable?

Spoiler

EV.thumb.JPG.fa951ecef7b51bdea74af1ae632d2ca2.JPG

Going to try to add another LV to Tab1 today.