Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • AndalayBay

      Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

      I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Sexism in Comics

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

Wait, that's a costume....? It looked like she forgot where she left the costume and threw on whatever was at hand. :P

Well, if the choice is between bad Skyrim mod "sexy armor" and...um...knitted long-johns, I think?  I'm still going to go with the comfy one.

I have so many issues with that splash page introducing the Worldkillers, though.  Why is there an Argonian and a Khajiit?  Why do they have boobs?  Why is the Argonian the one to have four boobs?  Why is there a highlighted line on the Argonian's arm tentacle things to make sure you know exactly what the shape of her lower boobs are?  How do spines work?!

ARGH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Amadaun said:

Well, if the choice is between bad Skyrim mod "sexy armor" and...um...knitted long-johns, I think?  I'm still going to go with the comfy one.

I have so many issues with that splash page introducing the Worldkillers, though.  Why is there an Argonian and a Khajiit?  Why do they have boobs?  Why is the Argonian the one to have four boobs?  Why is there a highlighted line on the Argonian's arm tentacle things to make sure you know exactly what the shape of her lower boobs are?  How do spines work?!

ARGH.

 

2 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

I only see two breasts on it unless you're talking about the thing that looks like it's part of the skeletal structure.

My question is why does the were-sabretooth have a mohawk! :P

Like I say - I don't bother with the modern comics.

As to why it looks like she's wearing jim-jams - that's what happens when your supersuit has neither a skirt nor underpants. This is why I don't like Superman's current outfit and why I support Supergirl's classic skirt - although she could reasonably wear leggings underneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She only has two boobs- but they are either braced for battle or for Histskin. The garb is like more one she should be wearing in deckchair on the shores of Soulrest. The 4-boob look could be a thing you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Wonder Woman on TV last night and really liked it. She really sold the skimpy outfit and it wasn’t excessive. Unfortunately no partially naked Chris Pine though. ;) He was the only one in the movie that I’d even want to see shirtless! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I watched Wonder Woman on TV last night and really liked it. She really sold the skimpy outfit and it wasn’t excessive. Unfortunately no partially naked Chris Pine though. ;) He was the only one in the movie that I’d even want to see shirtless! :P

And then there was THIS abomination.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day was a collector of sorts, but never got anywhere near the #1s or #2s. Although I think there was a Phantom #6. And a fan of Jack Kirby who worked for DC as well as Marvel.

For me, MAD magazine never goes out of fashion. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Schtearn said:

Back in the day was a collector of sorts, but never got anywhere near the #1s or #2s. Although I think there was a Phantom #6. And a fan of Jack Kirby who worked for DC as well as Marvel.

For me, MAD magazine never goes out of fashion. :)

Neat.  I like Jack Kirby too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×