• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

[RELz] BAIN Wizard Installs for UI Mods.

Posted (edited)

BAIN Wizard Installs for UI Mods.

View File

DarN, DarkUI'd DarN: BAIN Wizard Installs

Intro:

You know, when playing Oblivion in the days of OBMM, OBMM was fun, until Wrye came along and Bashed on its parade.

But you couldn't install DarN or DarkUI'd DarN without OBMM, unless deciding to go the manual way, when, if Wrye Bash was running, could develop into an issue or three. And Wrye's response, the DarN BCF didn't turn out to be everyone's cuppa and his almost hidden BAIN installer is somewhat outdated.

Description :

From the Nexus DarN page:

This mod gives the Oblivion UI the most extensive facelift yet. It's goal is to rid the pc version of the horrid xbox interface. Fonts are smaller, settings can be adjusted in game, user controls are scaled, more info on screen, and the hud is vastly improved.

From the Nexus DarkUI'd DarN page:

I've changed the colors of certain things in certain places that differ from the normal DarkUI, simply because the changes of DarNified UI called for this. For instance, when choosing a dialog option, the person's name is now whiter than the dialog choices, so as to make it easier to discern between the person's name and the options.

I also worked out a lot of niggles and bugs, such as when you are over encumbered, now in the inventory, like in the container, only the current encumbrance is red, not the max and the current and the slash.

From the DarNifiedUI Additions page:

A package with several additions to both DarNifiedUI and DarkUI\'d DarN. Including more stuff for your Map Menu, crosshair, sneak icon and more.

From the BTmod page:

• Increase the amount of the Inventory, Magic, Container(Looting), Repair and Alchemy Ingredients listings to 12 or higher
• Increased area to view Local and World Maps
• Increased area to view Quests and Journal
• Increased area to view Skills, Factions and Accomplishments
• Added percentage display to HP/MP/FA display
• Added Durability status under the Weapon Icon on the Main Hud
• Enabled and cleaned up Spell Effect durtation timers
• During Custom Class Creation, increased the size of the enterable name

From the Quest Log Manager page:

Quest Log Manager adds a button to the right of each current quest in the log, and clicking on the button hides the quest. So click on all the quests you're not interested in, and you'll get a much cleaner quest log. By default, the buttons are always visible for current quests, but by setting the hide_key setting in "Ini\Quest Log Manager.ini" to the value of a modifier key (like left shift), the buttons will only be visible when this key is pressed.

Quest Log Manager adds a button at the upper right corner of the "Current Quests" log, named "Show hidden". If you click on this, instead of viewing the current quests, you now get to see all the hidden quests, and you can click on their buttons to move them back to the current quests. 

If a hidden quest becomes active, it will automatically be moved back to current quests.

Quest Log Manager adds a sort button to the Current/Hidden quest log. Click on it to swap between alpabetical and chronological sort order for the quests, to make it much easier to find the quest you're looking for.

Note: In the porting of the mods, every attempt has been made to preserve original components, along with their corresponding author descriptions.

Requirements:

Oblivion, and Wrye Bash Mod Manager.

Usage:

Move/Copy one of the downloaded files to the Bash Installers Folder, or drag it into Wrye Bash's installers Tab. Right click on the package in the Installers Tab, click Wizard, and follow the prompts. Please check that the Ini Tweaks have been applied in the Wrye Bash Ini Edits Tab before launching the game. And check them again after uninstalling any of these mods! Enjoy. :)

Credits:

Wrye Bash team, especially Utumno, DarN for DarNiFied UI, Gothic251 for DarkUI'd DarN, Kyoma for DarNified Additions, and Beermotor from Mertz's WizBAIN thread

Changelog:

Resolved overlapping in BTmod Faction status display.

DarN, DarkUI'd BTMod Packages: Wrong files removed.

Edited by Schtearn

Nice! I never had a problem with Wrye's BAIN, but having an install wizard is a lot slicker and makes the ini adjustments a lot more intuitive.

I'm in the middle of remodding and had the chance to try this out. I can confirm that it works!

Posted (edited)

First, Wrye himself created a BAIN package for DarNified UI, here. It's not a BCF, it's the full package with a wizard. :)

Second, I read somewhere that you made these wizards Oblivion XP compatible? What did you do? These wizards should have NO reference to Oblivion XP. I had a user who was having problems recently and he mentioned seeing an Ob XP section in the wizard and I didn't know what he meant.

Oblivion XP already has the files needed for any UI that it's compatible with. I update those files as needed. In fact, I'm working on a new release now. I don't expect the UI to have any files for Oblivion XP. The instructions tell users to install their UI first and then install Oblivion XP. My installation scripts will override files as needed.

One more thing: the link to Quest Log Manager is incorrect.

Edited by AndalayBay

12 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Second, I read somewhere that you made these wizards Oblivion XP compatible? What did you do? These wizards should have NO reference to Oblivion XP. I had a user who was having problems recently and he mentioned seeing an Ob XP section in the wizard and I didn't know what he meant.

Oblivion XP already has the files needed for any UI that it's compatible with. I update those files as needed. In fact, I'm working on a new release now. I don't expect the UI to have any files for Oblivion XP. The instructions tell users to install their UI first and then install Oblivion XP. My installation scripts will override files as needed.

Agreed.  I know for sure that installing DarN DarkUI works best if it's installed with OBMM at least it does for me.  Then on top of that installation of Oblivion XP in BAIN has the best result.

But including both DarN DarkUI and Oblivion XP into the same BAIN Wizards installation seems to complicate things a little too much IMO.

17 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

What did you do?

Note: In the porting of the mods, every attempt has been made to preserve original components, along with their corresponding author descriptions.

17 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Updated. :)

Please remove the Oblivion XP components from your package. They are out of date. I do not want any portion of Oblivion XP repackaged.

There are no Oblivion XP references in the original Darnified or Wrye's BAIN. I have also not found any references to Oblivion XP in the DarkUId DarN package that I downloaded from Nexus.

I  see the issue now. These are the files modified by OXP:

OXP.JPG.e885e9940006e26bf2e76387857c9ea8.JPG

They have been modified since? That's a worry. In any case the issue won't arise if the users install the UI first, as is warned about (as well as in the original mods). Will get around to it- eventually- rather busy now.

It’s confusing my users since I don’t have it as part of the Ob XP installation instructions. In fact I think you have the original Oblivion XP files and not my version. There are more files than that. There are also files that are no longer needed as I have redesigned the menus, so your BAIN may install files that won’t be removed and will break Oblivion XP. I’ve been getting a lot of reports of CTD’s lately. Some of the reports are from Northern UI, which is a new UI that Oblivion XP isn’t compatible with yet. I’ll be making it compatible in the next release. Could you at least add a note asking people not to use the Ob XP packages? I’d really like the BAIN’s taken down until you get them fixed, but this doesn’t affect everybody.

Posted (edited)

Think those files were from the Nexus XP Updated- is that drastically different from the WIP? If so, I can put a warning that this is only "compatible" with that version of XP 4.3.2 at least. The BAIN install actually detects the OXP and urges that it should be uninstalled when the wizard starts up. and that continuing is for advanced users only.

In the spirit of co-operation (we're all part of the same community aren't we?) it might not be such a bad idea to include the newest XP files in the install, since so many of the users will continue to persist on installing stuff in the wrong order. It's probably a nicer way of doing it- for us as well as the users. :)

Edit: Meh- maybe not. It won't work in the scenario where the UI is installed after XP, and then XP is uninstalled leaving the users with the wrong files- unless of course- they re-install the UI. There should be a strong warning in the first instance when that is the case.

The other rather obvious scenario is when the user reruns the UI wizard to tweak stuff while XP is active. They shouldn't want to do that? And yes it's going to overwrite stuff- so we have to set an exclude list for the new version of XP as well.

Edited by Schtearn

Please just remove the Ob XP files. In all these years, the Oblivion XP files have never been in the UI. They are two separate mods and I want them to remain that way. Users install their UI. If they want Oblivion XP they install it afterwards. They often uninstall Oblivion XP for various reasons and BAIN reverts all the files.

As I said, my license terms specify that no part of Oblivion XP shall be uploaded elsewhere or included in another package. Your packages should be just taking the UI files and packaging them into a BAIN package with a wizard. You shouldn't be taking components from any other mod.

12 hours ago, Schtearn said:

It won't work in the scenario where the UI is installed after XP

It's the opposite, just what Anda said.

3 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Users install their UI. If they want Oblivion XP they install it afterwards.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Leonardo said:

It's the opposite,

@leo: It's what I said. Anda is saying something different.

Files removed from the package. If anyone has questions about the wizard and OXP please direct them here. :)

Edited by Schtearn

What Anda said is what Oblivion XP users would do when installing DarN DarkUI and Oblivion XP.  So.  I think you misunderstood me about what I meant.

Posted (edited)

I certainly did, and continue to do so. But your feedback is welcome as always. :)

The reason why those files were put there was if OXP was installed over vanilla. With best intentions -- but... :( With the offending files out, it's perfectly safe to rerun the BAIN over OXP as there are no conflicts. Now to check the other mods!

@AndalayBay: It's likely the reason for the users running into those errors was they didn't run the wizard- but just selected the packages in the RHS panel of the WB ui. In fact- they couldn't have run the wizard as there was a syntax error in the OXP section!

Edited by Schtearn