• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

The Elder Scrolls VI Announced

Bethesda has announced that The Elder Scrolls VI is in pre-production at E3. Here's the very brief trailer:

It looks nice, as far as it goes. I just hope they offer a bigger game world this time and not use tons of mountains to make it feel bigger.

Bethesda has also announced a new mobile game called The Elder Scrolls: Blades. I'm keen to check that out. It's due to be released this fall. You can sign up this week only to gain early access to the game. The link is at the bottom of the article.

Again:  *clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For being in pre-production that region of Western Hammerfell is sure looking pretty far along :P

It looks awesome. I hope the rest of the game is like that. I've signed up for TES: Blades too. I'm really curious to see what the controls are like.

Posted (edited)

Here it says:

the Blades have since diversified into many areas of Imperial espionage, military, and diplomacy

Government-like things- especially diplomacy. The source being this not-so-old anonymous text. It's possible that some emperors think they are the government. Would that make any difference?

Edited by Schtearn

It doesn’t say what their role in diplomacy is. They’re still agents of the emperor. I thought even in Oblivion they had some members who were the public guards and then others who operated undercover, so “diplomacy” doesn’t mean they’re diplomats, or even if they are, it would be to keep an eye on other states.

It's from Oblivion, when you speak to Jauffre at Weynon Priory.  It popped in my head when you mentioned the Blades mobile game.  So I typed it...