• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Malonn

Shooting in Toronto

Ironically it was in our old neighbourhood. The 11:00 news didn't talk about anything else last night, but they were all just speculating, so I shut it off. They did get the shooter. Hopefully they'll have more coherent coverage tonight at 6 pm.

We also have a gang war going on. There have been a ton of shootings in Toronto this year, although most are targeted hits on rival gang members. Two little girls were shot in one neighbourhood when the bastards opened fire in a residential playground. 9 people were shot last night, so it's on a different scale.

Jeez, and comparing to a country like the States, Canada has such low murder rates.  A shame, for sure.

I did hear that the shooter was killed in a gunfight with police.  I consider that a positive in this bag of negatives.

There were 15 people injured, with two deaths. One was a 10 year girl and the other was an 18 year old woman. Apparently the shooter suffered from severe mental illness, including psychosis and depression.  The police have just started investigating and don’t know his motivations yet.

I must say to be careful about false news in this one. I watch CTV news in Toronto and they are usually very good, but for some reason they are dedicating the entire news cast to this story, so there’s a ton of speculation. If you don’t listen carefully, or you just walk in on the broadcast, you can draw some false conclusions. For example, CTV said that the family released a statement to apologize for the damage their son had caused and that’s when they said that he had been suffering from severe mental illness. The broadcaster took that and said that that COULD be the reason for the attack, but police hadn’t released a motive yet. That was spread out over an entire hour, so if you didn’t hear it all, you can see where you might come to the wrong conclusion.

I hear that, AB.  Get the full story, not just a piece of it.  Well, the full official story has not been written yet, I suppose.  But it's been on the news here too.  Inherently I don't trust the news, so I like to hear it from someone like you: a local.

Hopefully now they'll start relying on facts and just report them rather than all this bullshit. Yesterday, they had news crews hanging around the 18 year old girl's school for Christ's sake. She had just graduated from high school and was going to start university this fall.

Here's hoping it's not another incel...despite the fact that the incels are already cheering him on for killing a little girl.

That’s another thing that’s annoyed me about this: all the Muslim crap. Just because the guy’s name is Hussain, it doesn’t mean he’s a Muslim! He might be, but it sounds like this guy had way too many other issues for incel or anything else. People that knew him liked him actually. He had a job and his family thought he was doing fine since he was doing well with the new job.

Hm, I guess you never truly know about someone.  Maybe there were signs though of him cracking?  Or signs he was debating something big?  The details may never get to the media.

That’s what they’re investigating now. Apparently there were signs. Police had investigated him before, but ultimately nothing came out of that. We’ve don’t put people with mental illness in institutions anymore, but there are no alternatives. We don’t have half-way houses or anything like that, so many of these people just wind up out on the streets. Or it’s left with the family to try to deal with them. In this case, Hussain was still living with his parents. Apparently one of his former teachers has a “horrific story” to tell, but I haven’t heard it yet. I’m watching the news now and they’ll report the story a bit later.

Now this is seriously starting to piss me off. The teacher was one of Hussain’s grade 12 teachers. The teacher asked him what he wanted to do with his life and he said he wanted to kill somebody. The teacher than asked who he wanted to kill and what did they do to him. He said nobody in particular he just wanted to kill someone. The teacher asked why and he said he thought it would be cool.

Hussain’s parents are in a serious case of fucking denial. It turns out his brother was involved in a robbery in Saskatchewan a few years ago. He was arrested for drug possession and robbery. He stole a gun in that robbery and it looks like that’s the weapon Hussain used in his rampage.

I’m angry at his stupid parents and the authorities for not acting on the earlier reports. The teacher did call police and they took him into custody under a mental health investigation, but they released him.

Also, ISIS is claiming responsibility. That’s bullshit. As authorities here put it, ISIS is a minor player these days and they’ve claimed responsibilty for everything except Lincoln’s death. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this