• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
puddles

[RELz] TWMP Valenwood Regrown BETA

Finished a temporary Hydra model for a rare/quest boss enemy, since they're mentioned as a primordial race from before the Aldmer arrived in Valenwood. The heads all use the same head route animations, so they're almost completely in-sync...which I don't really like, but atm it would take too much time to change.

hydra.png

Heh, just when I was getting ready to install it. I'll wait for the update. Is there anything I should look out for, testing-wise?

Noticeably floating objects, NPCs walking into walls (broken/missing pathgrids), holes in the terrain, really obvious texture ines between cells not matching, NPCs being dead because enemies spawned too close to cities...

Next version will also have compatibility with Akavir Kojima Extended's Falinesti Port exit.

Posted (edited)

Walking around southern Valenwood now. Very cool! I'll report what I've seen so far here. Let me know if you'd rather I PM you.

Haven: bad path grids for the guards. I have MOO, so they kept trying to climb walls and knocking themselves out from the fall. There also doesn't seem to be a way to get in from Valenwood. The west gate is blocked by a high ridge.

Southpoint: Floating rocks way above the city defined by TWMP Valenwood-Elsweyr. Also a floating tower on the east end of town. The layout seems very sparse and incomplete, with a huge empty square and buildings oddly distributed, but maybe that's just the original mod.

Border ranch: All the farm animals ran over the fence and went to attack a unicorn. It was very weird. I'm guessing it's a faction AI thing?

Greenheart: More TWMP VE floating rocks just a few feet above the streets, and some larger rocks floating north of town. Mirda (female NPC in town) was trying to walk into a fence. The door to the Crimson Droplet Hostel is red and I got dinged for trespassing; should it be public?

Woodhearth: You guessed it: more floating rocks. Floating plants and crates along the coast. Floating banners on the dock at the north end of town (south of the castle). The LOD for the lighthouse is very weird, looks all twisted like a Dr. Suess building. The LOD to the Anvil lighthouse from Falinesti Harbour looks fine. Speaking of...

Falinesti Harbour: Bad path grid for the Bosmer guard on the dock. No obvious way in to the castle or Falinesti.

General: Weird specular stuff on some of the jungle trees. I imagine some of the plants are supposed to glow, but the sort of wiry looking trees are lit up at some angles and not others. I bet it's a TWMP VE issue. Also, when you ask NPCs about regions, it just goes back to the main conversation menu instead of loading a new dialogue tree.

I just crashed before I could go to Falinesti, but that's because I have Katkat's 2k Anvil retexture installed, so it was a memory issue. I'll uninstall it and try again later.

Edit, just saw your notification while writing this up. No, I'm not that fast!

Edited by 1Mac

Posted (edited)

Hopefully the big overhaul I did of Falinesti Harbor last night fixed the path grid issues you mentioned. I was able to do a walk about of the harbor to test the quest I added and the guards were moving fine, except for one spot were the path grid looked fine with TPG but they kept trying to walk into a building.

Haven...Haven being a mess wouldn’t surprise me. There’s huge hollow beneath the streets. There might be issues with the subspaces the guards are supposed to use. I’m not quite sure how Eldarie intended for it all to work.

And, you’re correct in saying that the southern cities are pretty sparse. I think Eldarie was working fine from North to South, because Falinesti Harbor, Falinesti, Arenthia, and Ebon Ro are pretty fleshed out but Woodhearth and Greenheart are feel a bit lifeless. I’ll probably be working from the opposite direction. The Crimson Droplet should indeed be public. It’s kind of funny that you can still walk into a lot of people’s houses and take their things, but places that should be public will make guards come after you. 

I haven’t checked them myself, but I’m 95% sure that the main cities’ castles were just there as placeholders/proofs of concept  without any interiors, when Eldarie stopped updating the Valenwood Improved. It should be possible to enter Falinesti, though...just go to the east or west gate and it should spit you into the Falinesti worldspace like a vanilla city, unless the doors are broken.

The border ranch is weird, unless @Envy123 can think of a way to blend it into Pelletine I’ll probably be making it smaller.

If you have FormIDFinder, etc. and could list me the IDs of the most obvious floating objects / one of a large cluster, that would be great. Please keep reporting those bugs, @1Mac!

Edited by puddles

Darn it, I should have been logging with Refscope as I went along. I'll do another walkthrough soon with that in mind.

Anyway, you're welcome! I'm semi-obsessed with the idea of a complete Tamriel in Oblivion, and this is a big step in that direction.

If we are overhauling things, I think that the Border Ranch should be a Valenwood Islands style house instead of a Cyrodiil farmhouse, with one small fenced off area. Otherwise, it doesn't really fit with what is on the other side of the border.

Okay, that sounds good. I think I already replaced a couple weird gravity-defying...ladder platform tents along the border region with the tree houses, too. Last night I also retextured the houses’ interiors and exteriors with a giant mushroom sort of theme to put inside of the Graht-Oak trees. Almost done with a proof of concept for Falinesti’s tree.

Eventually, most of the Bosmer will live inside or on the tree, while the other houses for other races with an Altmer and Ayleid style.

Getting the tree’s interior to work has been an ordeal, because sometimes its collision stops registering with the engine due to the size. Currently the interior is split into 3 sections (top bottom middle), but I might have to go further and separate each of them into quarters.

Big thanks to @1Mac for sending me some bug reports. I've mostly fixed the path gridding in Haven, did some work on Falinesti, fixed the accessibility on a few inns so you can't trespass, fixed the terrain around Castle Silvenar (although it isn't accessible yet) and removed another slew of floating objects. Will probably release another update later today. Maybe.

And then I realized I mis-placed Woodhearth and need to manually re-position it section by section across the continent. I knew it was weird that I needed to try so hard for to squeeze it into the spot I put it before... -.- The Tamriel Heighmap has usually had the landscape fairly flat in the areas where Valenwood's major cities should be, but...not where I put Woodhearth. THAT WOULD BE WHY AGH.

Okay, so I have completely repositioned Woodhearth to match where it should be on the map, am...honestly 200% happier with it, so that’s good. I’ve added some Graht-Oak trees and other vegetation, too. Once I finish adding a few more NPCs so there aren’t 30+ houses from Valenwood Improved and only 6 NPCs to the city’s name, I’ll be releasing the next version. Glowplug on the Nexus forum is also graciously making an Altmer-style guild hall for the mod, but it probably won’t be ready for this release. It looks awesome though, so look forward to it!