• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

AFK Mods is down

About two hours from now AFK Mods have been down for almost a whole day and I wonder if it's just me or does anyone else also notice it.

Same here. It immediately comes up with an error saying it can’t connect to the server. I suspect Arthmoor is updating the server and that can take a while sometimes.

7 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

I suspect Arthmoor is updating the server and that can take a while sometimes.

A whole day?

I think he is actually moving AFK Mods to a new server since he recently moved and when doing that the DNS server needs to have two days before the new server is operational.

Indeed.  He sure make us wondering what happen.

4 hours ago, Sigurd Stormhand said:

As I recall he no longer physically hosts the site like he used to, so his physical move shouldn't be an issue.

As I recall it he had some trouble, probably solved by now, with internet where he now lives in comparison what he once had.

It's back now, so don't panic :P

Still getting settled into a new place and don't have proper internet up yet. Been hotspotting mobile and cell service out here is total shit so that's not working very well most of the time.

For whatever reason, Apache crashed and I wasn't on to notice.

1 hour ago, DayDreamer said:

Perhaps they could be merged?

Oh, so you found an old thread I posted, a thread I can't ever remember.  I am getting too old too fast, I suppose. :P

Why not, merge them Anda or Amadaun.  Plz... :yes:

It's over a year old, so there's no sense in merging them.  Technical shit happens to admins every once in a while, despite the offerings they make to the outer gods of the internet.

And Arthmoor is an ASSASSIN Lizard, so don't push him or else stabbies will happen.  :amafiarun: