• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Testers Needed!

I'm working on the next release of Ob XP and I'd like some help in testing. I'd like some help from folks that play Shivering Isles. I've enhanced the location discovery script so that you get a varying amount of points based on your proximity to a city. Previously it was a static number no matter where you were.

I'm also working on a couple of other things too, but I need to get further along before I need help with testing.

Not a clean save, but uninstall the old version, anneal your UI, then install the new version. Before you upgrade, load up your game, make sure you’re not ready to level. If you are, level before upgrading.

I haven’t uploaded the new version yet. It will be version 4.4.2. I’ll post here once I’ve uploaded the new version.

Thanks!

Got it and I can test it too, but it will probably take time some before I install Oblivion and start a new game as I wanted to update my mods first. :)

I know what you mean. It took me almost a week to get all my mods updated. I actually had to pull out the manual because I couldn't remember how to do some stuff, like dropping something from your inventory. :rofl:

:D  Hey, when you're away from a game for so long the memory fades.  But the manual?  I thought I was the only person to have cracked that thing open...

My old keyboard had a game pad and my new one has just the regular layout, so I had to go through and remap all the keys too and I needed to see what the defaults were again. At least this time I remembered how to fight so I didn't get killed by a mudcrab like the last time I returned to Skyrim after a long hiatus.

12 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I know what you mean. It took me almost a week to get all my mods updated. I actually had to pull out the manual because I couldn't remember how to do some stuff, like dropping something from your inventory. :rofl:

That's what we in the Morrowind modding community called.  A modders disease and it gets worse every time one who wants to update a mod or two. :P

If you're using BAIN, you can right-click on the package for your UI and select Anneal. It will fix up your installation. If you aren't using BAIN, then uninstall your UI and resintall it again.

If that doesn't help then look at the mini tab in BAIN for conflicts vs missing files.

Also, try to click on the install missing files or install last and one can even manually move around the archives in BAIN and sometimes it works.  I've tried that in Wrye Mash and it works.

Ama was asking what "anneal" meant. I told her to anneal her UI package. The new version of Oblivion XP gets rid of some menu files, so you have to anneal the UI package to restore all the original files.

1 hour ago, AndalayBay said:

Ama was asking what "anneal" meant. I told her to anneal her UI package. The new version of Oblivion XP gets rid of some menu files, so you have to anneal the UI package to restore all the original files.

It was a confusing use of the word!  Especially to an artist!  (It's a thing you do to metals and glass to make them easier to work with and stronger.) :P