• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Northern UI Compatibility

Sorry about disappearing for a while. Per your last issue report, updated the stats_menu.xml compatibility file to show your XP progress numerically in the card on the right, when hovering over the level meter:

stats_menu.xml

Also working on an update for NorthernUI that includes some Map Marker Overhaul fixes, if you're interested. I'll likely never reach 100% compatibility, but the mod should be usable once the next NUI patch is out.

No worries. The main thing is that it works for your core users. For me, personally, there were too many incompatibilities for me to make NUI my UI. I'm an old Oblivion player and I've gotten used to certain features. I'll see if I can give your fix a quick run though.

Another incompatibility that might pop up is the fact that you put the dialogue topics in the middle right side of the screen. All the other UI's have the dialogue on the left and we're depending on that for some quest mods with long dialogue topics. We're changing the wraplength and wraplines for the topics and the wraplength would be too long for NUI. We do that with Dark Brotherhood Chronicles and Tales of Cyrodiil might do the same. ToC at the very least needs a small dialogue topic font and currently tells people to use Darnified UI or DarkUId Darn. We're trying to change that with the wraplength and wraplines. You can see our discussion here if you're curious.

3 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Another incompatibility that might pop up is the fact that you put the dialogue topics in the middle right side of the screen. All the other UI's have the dialogue on the left and we're depending on that for some quest mods with long dialogue topics. We're changing the wraplength and wraplines for the topics and the wraplength would be too long for NUI. We do that with Dark Brotherhood Chronicles and Tales of Cyrodiil might do the same. ToC at the very least needs a small dialogue topic font and currently tells people to use Darnified UI or DarkUId Darn. We're trying to change that with the wraplength and wraplines. You can see our discussion here if you're curious.

Should be solvable with a DLL. The ugly way to do it would be to give DialogMenu some code that checks the width of the dialogue options on every frame; if they're above a certain threshold, I can swap everything to the other side and lengthen it. (The pretty way to do it would be to reverse-engineer the entire dialogue menu, figure out when it renders options, and run the check then. I'll give that a go, at least, but I'm more than willing to fall back to "ugly" if the need arises.)

Do you know of an ESP I can download with a long enough topic to cause the problem, and some instructions for reaching that topic quickly?

Tales of Cyrodiil. See the OP of the link I just posted for the download link here. Or look in the files section in the right pane on the forums. Go to the Two Sisters Lodge in Skingrad and talk to Borwen. I have screenshots of the truncated dialogue in the linked thread. That thread also shows the fix using MenuQue. For NUI, we would just need to reduce the wraplength, provided having wraplines set to 2 is enough and there's enough vertical space.

I miss my coloured map markers from MMO. A request: could you differentiate closed Oblivion gates? That's one feature from MMO that's particularly handy. Other than that, the MMO features are working just fine. :thumbsup:

The character stats menu should show the numerical progress for Oblivion XP. Most players don't have it displayed on the HUD and rely on the character stats menu instead. It's not shown in the pop-up, but next to the progress bar. Your pop-up is correct.

Could you provide some instructions for people using mods like Display Stats? I didn't realize you had integrated support for DS until I checked the magic popup menu with the intention of customizing it myself. I suggest telling people that when they install Display Stats, NUI has support built-in, so they should leave the UI selection unchecked.