• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Northern UI Feedback

I finally got the empty indicator for the containers. It appears it will only show if the container is empty when the cell is first loaded. Vacuity checks the status on a regular script cycle, so a container will show as empty as soon as you've emptied it. This is handy when you're raiding a bunch of containers. :P I still don't get it for all containers, even if the cell is loaded for the first time.

I also got the stack handling to work. It would be nice if that carried over to bartering. If you press Shift when bartering with a merchant with TQP, the entire stack will be sold without a prompt. Similarly if you hold Ctrl, a single item will be sold without a prompt. That part is working. I'd prefer to avoid the prompt when selling a stack as well.

Enhanced Economy seems to be working just fine, for the features I have enabled. I went through the local prices dialogue and that worked fine. You can ask vendors what will give the best and worst prices in each city - that's called local prices.

Dynamic Map is also working. I see the Open Cities Reborn map along with the zoom features.

I finally got the empty indicator for the containers. It appears it will only show if the container is empty when the cell is first loaded. Vacuity checks the status on a regular script cycle, so a container will show as empty as soon as you've emptied it. This is handy when you're raiding a bunch of containers.

:P I still don't get it for all containers, even if the cell is loaded for the first time.

My patch checks the container state when the HUDInfoMenu updates, which should be every frame.

Testing in the Market District failed to reproduce this error, when emptying out a container that starts full or emptying out a container that starts empty and had gear inserted. (The latter also showed "Empty" when it was initially empty.)

Testing the barrel you reported (Open Cities Reborn.esp: [REFR]xx0AB010 in CELL]ChorrolSouthGateMarketOCR) also failed to reproduce the problem. I emptied the barrel's contents and the "Empty" tag displayed immediately. I entered The Oak and Crosier (the building that the barrel is placed against), ran the pcb command to unload the outside world, exited, and rechecked the barrel, and it still showed the "Empty" tag. I placed items inside of the barrel, re-entered the Oak, re-ran pcb, exited, emptied the barrel, and it still showed the "Empty" tag.

At this point, the only thing I can think of would be to send you a debug build of the DLL that logs inventory information every time the crosshair ref changes and we loop to see if it's empty. (Note to self: if I make and send a build like this, I should log the result of the yet-to-be-compiled-or-tested TESBipedModelForm check that I've added for consistency with Vacuity.)

I also got the stack handling to work. It would be nice if that carried over to bartering. If you press Shift when bartering with a merchant with TQP, the entire stack will be sold without a prompt. Similarly if you hold Ctrl, a single item will be sold without a prompt. That part is working. I'd prefer to avoid the prompt when selling a stack as well.

Just tested this. Just to make sure we're on the same page: skipping the QuantityMenu works, but you also want the "Would you like to sell Foo for 123 gold?" prompt skipped?

Enhanced Economy seems to be working just fine, for the features I have enabled. I went through the local prices dialogue and that worked fine. You can ask vendors what will give the best and worst prices in each city - that's called local prices.

Dynamic Map is also working. I see the Open Cities Reborn map along with the zoom features.

Ah, good.

Edited by DavidJCobb

I'm also running Harvest Containers, which adds a script to every container so that the lid opens and closes, or some other indicator to tell you if you've searched that container already. Could that be the issue? Harvest Containers also has a filter patch for mods, so the scripts get added to the custom containers added by mods. Another weird symptom: if I get the empty label, it will pop up just once and then disappear! I'll have to verify that again, but I'm pretty sure that's what it did with a container in the Fighters Guild.

Re: the QuantityMenu, yes skip the prompt. I don't know if it would help, but here's the description from TQP's readme:

When in a Container or Barter menu:
Hold either ctrl key when clicking on an item stack to auto-confirm ONE item.
Hold either shift key when clicking on an item stack to auto-confirm ALL items.

When in a Spell Purchase menu (uses the same hotkeys as the Container or Barter menu):
Hold either shift key when clicking on an item stack to auto-confirm ALL items.

When in the Inventory menu (when either shift key is also pressed):
Hold either alt key when clicking on an item stack to auto-confirm ALL items.

When in any of the above menus, press the left ctrl key in combination with the
  'T' key to bring up TQP's configuration menu.
The menu allows you to:
  1) Allow auto-confirmation when giving away 0 value items to a merchant.
  2) Change the Default Action to: Prompt, Single, or Stack
  3) Customize all of the keys
  4) Reset everything back to the default settings

One neat trick is to set one shift key to drop items by the stack, and leave the
other shift key alone.

Other features:
1) Custom Default Actions:
   You may set the Default Action that occurs whenever you select an item without
   any hotkeys pressed.
   It can be set to Prompt (the normal behavior), Single, and Stack.
   For example, if you set the Default Action to Stack:
     1) Clicking without any hotkeys pressed will auto-confirm the entire stack.
     2) Clicking while holding one of the Stack hotkeys will cause the Prompts to
        appear. You may manually confirm the prompts, or press the Single or Stack
        hotkeys to auto-confirm the requisite amount.
     3) Clicking while holding one of the Single hotkeys will auto-confirm one item
        from the stack.
2) You may press the hotkeys even after the quantity/confirmation screens have
   appeared.
3) As a safety measure, auto-confirmation is disabled by default when "Giving away"
   items to a merchant. This may be enabled in the configuration menu.
4) Attempts have been made to make this work on international versions of Oblivion.
   The menu's won't be translated, but the mod 'should' work on non-English copies.
   This is completely untested, as I don't have a non-English version ;)

Here's my TQP ini file: TQP.ini

I only use the left Shift, Ctrl and Alt. For dropping things from your inventory, you still have to hold down the Shift key, so it's actually Ctrl+Shift and Alt+Shift.

Basically you'll get prompted if you don't hold down a modifier key, but you skip the prompts when you do.

I'm getting some odd behaviour I've never seen before in the 2000+ hours I've played Oblivion, so I'm wondering if it's NUI. Basically NPC's will briefly go super fast. Have you ever heard of anything like that? If it's not NUI, then it might be SDR. I'm running a new version of SDR, so that could be culprit.

Never mind. I'm pretty sure it's SDR. I think the NPC's are using the extra features of SDR.

Edited by AndalayBay

I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having with empty containers not showing as such is due to Harvest Containers. I had a sack that initially showed as empty. I opened it anyway and once Harvest Containers acted on it to show that it had been opened, it didn't show as empty anymore. Vacuity works with HC and corpses, so you might want to check out how shadeMe did it. I can help with the scripting if you like.

I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having with empty containers not showing as such is due to Harvest Containers.

Testing with HC didn't reproduce the bug, but as of this comment, I'm testing with my in-dev build, which has had changes made in order to function consistently with Vacuity.

Looking at HC's scripts, though, I can't really see how those changes would help. Essentially, I just check if a contained item's base form is a TESBipedModelForm and if so, what its biped-side "playable" flag is. HC doesn't appear to insert non-playable items or otherwise tamper with container contents in order to track "empty" state, so I don't know how that would help.

In any case, I'll publish the updated build (no notable XML changes) soon, and you can test for yourself. Maybe it does fix things. Might be good to track the mod on Nexus so you get notified once the update's out.

The updated build also offers (new and separate) options to control when you're prompted to confirm a bartering transaction: always (the vanilla setting), only if the transaction has a non-zero value, or never. These can vary based on modifier keys just like the quantity prompts. The options are exposed via both the in-game menu and the INI file (the menu is recommended).

HC doesn't do anything with regards to whether a container is empty or not - that's what Vacuity is for. HC just animates the lid, puts hand prints on the container or topples the sack so that you know you've searched it. I found that NUI would show a container as empty, but if I opened it anyway, the empty label disappeared.

Btw, NPC's won't find anything in a container with a script on it. I set up the NPC's in Dark Brotherhood Chronicles to fetch food from containers as part of their eat packages. I finally determined that it was because there was a script on the container and I had to remove DBC from the HC filter patch.

Sounds good about the new build. I'll check it out.

I've installed the new build. First the barter options aren't in the options menu. Second, I'm not sure what to set them to. With TQP, it would only ask if you're holding a modifier key, like Shift or Ctrl. Shift is all without a prompt and Ctrl is one without a prompt. This is on all occasions including barter. What is the NUI equivalent?

First the barter options aren't in the options menu.

Forgot to ship the updated XML; mod updated; redownload.

With TQP, it would only ask if you're holding a modifier key, like Shift or Ctrl. Shift is all without a prompt and Ctrl is one without a prompt. This is on all occasions including barter. What is the NUI equivalent?

Bearing in mind that NorthernUI can't hook Shift, if you want to only see a prompt when using another modifier key, then you'd set the Default prompt to Never (2) and you'd set the Ctrl and Alt prompts to Always (0).

Shoot. I was afraid of that. What would you suggest I set them to? I'd like the minimum number of prompts, but if I don't hold down a modifier, I would want to be prompted for some reason.

I might just try the Never and Always option though and see if that works for all occasions.

Here is the achievements tab from DarkUId DarN:

stats1.jpg

stats2.jpg

Nirnroots found is at the bottom, so it might be a scrolling issue, although I don't think I saw Necks Bitten either. I can't switch game instances right now to confirm.

I can't create a potion. I don't understand your interface. I've got the equipment and the ingredients. I typed in a name but the only button that's active is Exit.

Issue with StatsMenu is due to really, really dumb methodology used by Bethesda: they inflated listindex values for the sake of spacing. That is: when you see a blank space between two misc stats, that's not an empty row; rather, they just skipped listindex values when generating the two stats (e.g. a jump from 48 to 50). The scrollbar only has childcount to rely on and can't see the last listindex value, so it can't be accurate. I'll patch the DLL to address this. The following changes will be needed for StatsMenu once the update goes live:

• Root tile needs a user24 trait added, with its value set to -1.
  • The stats_miscstat_scrollbar element needs its user2 trait modified: instead of copying a tile's childcount tile as the first operator, use <copy src="menu()" trait="user24" /><add>1</add>.

For both alchemy menus (vanilla AlchemyMenu and enhanced XXNAlchemyMenu), the "Create" button is on the bottom bar, on the left side, whether or not a gamepad is plugged in.

Edited by DavidJCobb

25 minutes ago, DavidJCobb said:

Issue with StatsMenu is due to really, really dumb methodology used by Bethesda: they inflated listindex values for the sake of spacing. That is: when you see a blank space between two misc stats, that's not an empty row; rather, they just skipped listindex values when generating the two stats (e.g. a jump from 48 to 50). The scrollbar only has childcount to rely on and can't see the last listindex value, so it can't be accurate. I'll patch the DLL to address this. The following changes will be needed for StatsMenu once the update goes live:

• Root tile needs a user24 trait added, with its value set to -1.
  • The stats_miscstat_scrollbar element needs its user2 trait modified: instead of copying a tile's childcount tile as the first operator, use <copy src="menu()" trait="user24" /><add>1</add>.

:rofl: Good ol' Bethesda. This is the downside to making a patch for another mod before you've gotten all the kinks worked out: we have to duplicate the fixes.

For both alchemy menus (vanilla AlchemyMenu and enhanced XXNAlchemyMenu), the "Create" button is on the bottom bar, on the left side, whether or not a gamepad is plugged in.

I know, but it's not enabled:

ScreenShot48.jpg

I also can't click on the ingredients. In this case there are only two, but often you'll have several ingredients that would work and you would select the ones you want to use.

I also can't click on the ingredients. In this case there are only two, but often you'll have several ingredients that would work and you would select the ones you want to use.

Ah, damn it. Thought I'd fixed that bug. It's really hard to track down.

Once the next update's out, download it, try it, and see if the ingredients are selectable. (I've made a few very minor changes to the menu, just to try something.) If it's still busted, then I'll need a full list of your alchemy ingredients and their quantities; I'll write a debug build of the menu, console those ingredients into my inventory, and see what I can get the DLL to log.

Update should go up in a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Will this update include the fix for the stats menu? I need to fix Ob XP's stats menu as well.

For misc stats? Yes, that should be included.

EDIT: I keep all outdated versions online under "Old versions," so if my earlier directions weren't totally clear, you can grab that and run a diff tool or something to find exactly the lines that changed. Or I can try and give you line numbers. Either way.

Edited by DavidJCobb

The Alchemy menu still doesn't work. I hopped over to one of my other games and verified that the ingredients I was trying to use worked. My character's Alchemy skill should be high enough for this potion. I guess I could try a novice potion for testing.

One more thing: usually the Alchemy menu names the potion for you. You can change it, but having it name it for you is nice for simple potions like Water Breathing.

I think I changed the stats menu properly. I used WinMerge and discovered there was a lot more stuff changed for Oblivion XP than I realized, so hopefully I copied the correct changes. :P

The Alchemy menu still doesn't work.

I need to know all of the ingredients that you had in your inventory, the quantities of those ingredients (e.g. 3 Nirnroots and 2 Aloe Veras or whatever), and which ingredients you were unable to select even when you should have been able to select them. I also need to know your Alchemy skill level at the time the bug occurred.

Essentially, what I want to do is stuff tons of debug logs into my DLL in the places that are "likely suspects," and then exactly reproduce your problem and see what gets logged. Based on that, I can try logging other stuff, adding and removing logging calls as needed until hopefully, I find the problem. That's much easier to do on my end, but I need an exact set of items (and character skill value) that can consistently reproduce the bug.

One more thing: usually the Alchemy menu names the potion for you. You can change it, but having it name it for you is nice for simple potions like Water Breathing.

That feature should be present. Is it not working? If so, what ingredients do you have in the potion when it fails?

I think I changed the stats menu properly. I used WinMerge and discovered there was a lot more stuff changed for Oblivion XP than I realized, so hopefully I copied the correct changes.

...I changed, like, three lines. Wouldn't it have been easier for you to just copy the changes into your StatsMenu, rather than copying the ObXP stuff into mine? :P

Edited by DavidJCobb

...I changed, like, three lines. Wouldn't it have been easier for you to just copy the changes into your StatsMenu, rather than copying the ObXP stuff into mine? :P

That's what I did, but in some spots it was hard to tell which lines were changed due to Oblivion XP versus other changes you might have done. For example, at first I copied <_skillListColWidthProgress>215<_skillListColWidthProgress> into the Ob XP version until I realized you had removed it for Ob XP.