• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Northern UI Feedback

I can confirm that your fixes to the alchemy menu are working. There is a minor oddity with the alchemy and the repair menu though. Both menus gray out items in the list when they shouldn't be. You can ignore it and click on the item anyway and it will still let you select it or repair it. The alchemy menu only does it when you're selecting an unrelated item. Then you get the warning about it being a wasted ingredient. However the new matching ingredients do correctly highlight with potential selections, so that's fine. With the repair menu, it will do it randomly.

I finally found a game instance where I could easily enchant an item or create a spell to show you the raised limits. Note that the area limit has been raised to 300 as well, although I'm not showing that in these shots.

Enchanting Menu:

RaisedEnchanting.jpg

Spellmaking Menu:

RaisedSpellmaking.jpg

I took a look at your menus, but you're not explicitly setting the width like the other UI's, so I'm not sure what to change.

Does your crosshair show companion health? My horse has gotten attacked several times, but the crosshair never changes, so I'm wondering if it's just a case he's not taking any damage or if the crosshair doesn't change.

Finally! A crash with some information. I don't think it's anything to do with NUI. I suspect it's due to some fancy icons for some alchemy equipment. Anyway if you could have a look and give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it. First the Windows error:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Oblivion.exe
  Application Version:	1.2.0.416
  Application Timestamp:	462392c7
  Fault Module Name:	Oblivion.exe
  Fault Module Version:	1.2.0.416
  Fault Module Timestamp:	462392c7
  Exception Code:	c0000409
  Exception Offset:	005b7372
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	4105

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Now the contents from your crash logger: CobbCrashLogger.log

It turns out the previous crash was just a random crash for some reason. However I just confirmed that your crosshair doesn't display anything when my horse died from a very minor attack. Obviously he was seriously wounded and I had no way of knowing. Personally, I think your UI should be compatible with all these mods that offer these features by virtue of sticking to the vanilla structure. The playthrough I've been using for NUI has become my main game and I need these features, so I'm going to remove NUI and revert to another UI. I hope I've given you enough feedback to fix up NUI as you see fit. If you need a quick test of something, I might be able to clone another game instance and install NUI in that.

I'm still juggling projects, and I'm keeping the e-mail notifications for your last few posts unread.

Regarding the horse issue: I did not alter anything involving the enemy health bar, there only is an enemy health bar on the reticle, and the internal code for the reticle doesn't appear to ever check the status of your horse. If NorthernUI isn't showing horse health, then vanilla shouldn't either, though I can't rule out some mod adding the feature and encountering an incompatibility.

It's not a bad idea, though. Perhaps I could look into adding a health bar for your horse, shown above your own health bar. No guarantees.

From what I can tell, it's vanilla.  When I switched back to the vanilla UI, I could see my horse's health and it was very low. I think you can see enemy health with vanilla too. I have a mod that makes the health bar coloured and it works for enemies and companions, even though it's called Coloured Enemy Health. I suspect that it just changes the colour of the vanilla health reticle, whether it's an enemy or not. It's not just my horse, I will see the health of any companions I have as well, like when I'm working with various NPC's on quests. I don't use companion mods; these are the various temporary companions you'll get as you play through the various faction and main quests in the game.