• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

BEX Crashes

I'm getting BEX crashes with Oblivion when I leave an interior. I found this work-around and it has reduced them a bit:

-In Control Panel click on System then -
Click on advanced system settings >Performance / Settings
Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
Click Add, and  browse to the executable file for the program and add it.

I have to quick save every time I'm going to leave an interior. Very annoying.

I suspect it's Northern UI. These are happening way too often and I have a pretty solid load order. Northern UI is the only new addition and it has a DLL.

It's most likely a specific function call or even a setting in OSR if using that.  Does it happen when leaving an interior to go to another interior?

Not using OSR. I'm pretty sure it's Northern UI. It's not just a UI. The DLL also patches MenuQue and the game code.

The NUI log is full of stuff like this:

Log received from endpoint 0x004A7A60: PlayGroup Error: No 3d or controllers found for '' (0C0475D3).

Have W10 the latest? Had an issue last year with the CK crashing on exit.  Looks like a misconfiguration with a non-existent XBox controller not installed or attached.  Perhaps Cobb's usage of the API might provide some answers. Here's a search on the code at Github.

Nope I’m running Win 7 and not budging. My other game instance is running fine. Don’t worry about it. I just posted this as a reminder of the work-around so I didn’t have to go searching for it again. Thanks anyway.

Good info, AB.  I'm going through the tedious task of setting up my install for Oblivion after a clean install of 1809 and was considering Bevilex's suggestion of using the plugins from NUI for my game.  I like the local map a lot.  Other than that, I can get Skyrim's UI by playing Skyrim.  DarkUI'd DarN for Life, baby!!  But AB has alerted me to a possible game-stopper with this stability thing.  I can always dust off OBMM and install Morth's local map.

If anyone can get me a Windows crash dump with a non-zero Exception Offset, please post here:

Consider also using the alternate DLL build posted there if you're getting regular crashes. Some of these crashes are being intercepted by the CRT, producing a non-zero address that's still useless trash... Okay, uh, basically, the combined effects of Microsoft's devwork are throwing every possible obstacle in the way of getting any actual useful debugging information, layering useless alternative crash handlers on top of useless alternative crash handlers instead of just letting the process fail normally and trigger the custom in-process handler that could actually help.

Edited by AndalayBay
Fixed link