• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

The most Restless Night of Sleep Ever!

I set the sleep time to six hours in Bruma's Mages Guild to wait for an NPC as it was 2:00 am and the sod was in bed. Two hours went by when I saw the back-end of an NPC walking out the door. I chased after him to discover it was the Countess' steward giving me the Lifting the Vale quest at 4 am. I think this is a bug for the UOP. Not for the fact that he gave me the quest, but that he woke me and took off without saying anything. I had to chase him and initiate dialogue to get the quest. He should have woken me and talked to me right away. Then I went back to sleep, only to be woken two hours later by a Thieves Guild member delivering a note with an option to join. Lovely. Back to bed for my last two hours of sleep! Kind of reminds me of real life actually...

If it is a bug with the UOP that dialogue was not initiated, they might want to know that over at AFK.  I think Arthmoor says that the UOP is end of life, but they may still fix a bug or two?  I mean, that's kinda a big one, I believe.

Your post makes me want to hurry up and finish installing Oblivion (a process that takes days.  And that's when I work at it consistently) and start a new adventure in Cyrodiil.

I've added a new (highly customized) mod to my LO (I'm sure there will be more--I've only packaged up textures thus far): Illumination Within Revived Retrofitted to compliment AWLS.  I've re-scripted it to improve performance (a drawback of the original, so I read) so that now it only uses one quest script.  It will not be perfectly synced with AWLS because that uses "GetRandomPercent" in it's algorithm, but I look forward to the imperfect result; light shining from lit windows at night--neat!.

We aren't doing updated for the UOP anymore. At some point one simply has to say enough is enough after 12 years :P

Anyway, fixing it would still require it to be 100% reproducible on our part if we were going to.

3 hours ago, Malonn said:

Your post makes me want to hurry up and finish installing Oblivion (a process that takes days.  And that's when I work at it consistently) and start a new adventure in Cyrodiil.

You can say that again.  I am too in the same situation as you are.

10 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

We aren't doing updated for the UOP anymore. At some point one simply has to say enough is enough after 12 years :P

Anyway, fixing it would still require it to be 100% reproducible on our part if we were going to.

If Anda can reproduce it that is.