• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Daggerfall Dev

Move Elsweyr Anequina to Seperate Worldspace??

As Leo said, permission required (unless you're thinking of doing it only for your personal use), but in answer to your question, yes it would be quite possible. Fairly easy in fact, if my rusty modding memory isn't fooling me.

Use TES4Edit. This is all going from memory - I have actually done this, but it was about ten years ago, so I may forget something or make mistakes. There also may now be some TES4Edit scripts to do some or all of this for you, those didn't exist ten years ago, I recall there's at least one which relates to moving content around in a worldspace, but I don't recall if it moved the content from one worldspace to another, or just relocated the content within a worldspace (I think it relocated within a worldspace, displacing the object locations perfectly across the map, and I don't think it handled land and pathgrid records - I believe I used that script for a proof of concept that mod content can be placed perfectly in a 2x scale worldspace, retaining their 1x scale placement, but displaced to the new cell coordinates for the original location in a 2x scale world).

Change the Form ID of the Tamriel worldspace record to a new ID. You're done! Okay so there's some tidy-up to do, but that's really all it takes.

Once the worldspace record has a different Form ID, you now have a separate worldspace. All subrecords are automatically in the separate worldspace too - but some of these are vanilla cell records from where the mod overlaps with cells from the vanilla game. You now do one of two things: either strip out/delete those vanilla records (because they're beyond the border you intend to place to prevent moving beyond the edge of your new worldspace and they're also out of sight) or change their Form IDs too, so that they are no longer vanilla cells. If you keep the cells and change their Form IDs, then you'll also need to change the Form IDs of any vanilla records contained within those cells.

If Elsweyr edits the vanilla road record, you'll need to change its Form ID as well, also any edited vanilla persistent objects (and the persistent cell record) you wish to retain in the new worldspace - might need to get technical with anything referencing those to ensure that referencing records continue to reference the correct version after (either the vanilla in the Tamriel worldspace, or your duplicated version in the new worldspace).

Worldspace record will now want to be given a new name instead of Tamriel. Any vanilla cell records duplicated which have custom cell names will also need renaming (or the CSE will just append DUPLICATE000). Any duplicated placed objects with Editor IDs will again need renaming.

Now, one thing this does not allow for, but which you can prepare to resolve before everything else I've just described, is any unedited vanilla cells which you DO want to have in the new worldspace. Easy to handle, simply find each cell in Oblivion.esm, and copy as override all the non-persistent placed objects into the ESP. Persistent objects are a bit more fiddly as you'll have to track those down individually in the Persistent cell record.