• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
BobFromAccounting

Installation Questions

Hey everybody! Totally a newbie to the Oblivion modding scene. Recently decided to pick up Oblivion again on the PC (Have always played on console since it first came out) with the intention of modding it to all heck and trying to get a fresh experience out of the game. I used TMM (A mod manager that I use for managing all of my mods in Skyrim) and was hoping I could use this mod manager along with all of the mods I am currently using. And this indeed has worked for most of the mods I have installed. That being said, I am having trouble getting Oblivion XP Update (and it's patch for Kvatch Rebuilt) to actually install properly using TMM.

I noticed in the PDF that is in the archive that TMM is not really supported, so I assume this is an intended. That being said, I was hoping someone on here might be able to explain to me how I can get it working without destroying my current installation and all of the associated mods (including Darnified UI) and re-installing everything using WryeBash. (Seeing as I was under the impression that WryeBash was no longer considered the preferred mod manager by the community.)

So I guess I am just all turned about, and seeking some support if possible.

Thanks in advance for any attention or time that is taken to help me resolve this trouble I am having.

TMM isn't supported because it doesn't work. I tried, but it does nothing. Wrye Bash is the preferred mod manager and is the best one available. You can also install Darnified with Wrye Bash. I have a Darnified BAIN here that comes with a wizard. You'll probably need a Bashed Patch to get all your mods working together, so you'll need to install Wrye Bash anyway.

Darnified BAIN

Installing Wrye Bash

If you're new to modding, I also recommend checking out TESCOSI.

3 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

TMM isn't supported because it doesn't work. I tried, but it does nothing. Wrye Bash is the preferred mod manager and is the best one available. You can also install Darnified with Wrye Bash. I have a Darnified BAIN here that comes with a wizard. You'll probably need a Bashed Patch to get all your mods working together, so you'll need to install Wrye Bash anyway.

Darnified BAIN

Installing Wrye Bash

If you're new to modding, I also recommend checking out TESCOSI.

Okay, so switch to using Wrye Bash instead of using TMM or another mod manager. Sounds like I've got some research to do in order to get this all cleaned up. Thanks for the advice, and the resources! Love what you are doing with this forum/site for the modding community, and appreciate you taking the time to offer me some help, Andalay!

You’re welcome! Wrye Bash also has the benefit of reinstalling files automatically (with the Anneal function) if you uninstall a mod that overrode the files of another mod. For example, if you uninstall Oblivion XP, Wrye Bash will restore the original files for your UI. Just note that installation order is just as important as load order. TESCOSI explains all that. You’ll also want to use BOSS to sort your load order for Oblivion. LOOT is good for Skyrim, but it doesn’t work so well for Oblivion.