• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Terrorix

messed map(missing both textures and messes)

Posted (edited)

I am not sure if I should create this thread here in the modding section or the general discuss so I am placing it here since I think it is likely this problem created by one(or more) mod(s). 

Check the screenshots.The place is the "Unknown Location" which can be found in the Hackdirt Caves. I came here while exploring,no mission(yet) in this area. Has anyone else experienced the same or similar problem??? What might be causing this?

(Edit: The last screenshot was taken while in water(shown in the 1st screenshot). Also,the map(local map) pieces were messed as well,no connection to each other at all. If anyone needs a screenshot from it, let me know.

Oblivion20190310 18.28.48.jpg

Oblivion20190310 18.28.57.jpg

Oblivion20190310 18.29.39.jpg

Edited by Terrorix

I suggest that you reload your last gamesave and if that doesn't help then you need to go back to an earlier save and do that quest if you haven't started it.

Your gamesave is likely bloated by something, so please post your loadorder and posting a picture about the information RefScope can view would help too.

Earlier save game? I am at level 4  currently,have complete 3 or 4 quests so far and I just went to Hackdirt to explore and got this. How earlier should I go? Restart the whole game?

Here is my load order( sorted by BOSS,I touch nothing,except the two unrecognized mods,the one for imperial soldier armor-better textures this one only,adds nothing,and the imperial palace/watch armor that is being added to Aleswell,nothing more):

1. http://prntscr.com/mvy9ti (stops at the 20th .esp)
  2. http://prntscr.com/mvya1x (continues from the 20th .esp)

What info excactly you want from Refscope?(if it is sth complex, give me some guidance on how to get the info since I do not know to use Refscope well)

Then start a new game and check the Oblivion_default.ini (in the Oblivion folder) for the Archive section and compare it with the spoiler.

Spoiler

[Archive]
SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Misc.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Oblivion - Voices2.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Voices1.bsa
SMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Sounds.bsa
SMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa
SMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1

Everything must match, otherwise you need to either reinstall the game from disc (retail) or verify game cache in Steam.

Don't move or remove the Oblivion_default.ini as it used to reset the graphics.

Have you done archive invalidation in Wrye Bash? That looks like missing meshes and you need to do archive invalidation to fix it. Have a look at archive invalidation in TESCOSI for an explanation.

20 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Then start a new game and check the Oblivion_default.ini (in the Oblivion folder) for the Archive section and compare it with the spoiler.

Hide contents

[Archive]
SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Misc.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Oblivion - Voices2.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Voices1.bsa
SMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Sounds.bsa
SMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa
SMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1

Everything must match, otherwise you need to either reinstall the game from disc (retail) or verify game cache in Steam.

Don't move or remove the Oblivion_default.ini as it used to reset the graphics.

I did it,everything matches the spoilers you posted.

20 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Have you done archive invalidation in Wrye Bash? That looks like missing meshes and you need to do archive invalidation to fix it. Have a look at archive invalidation in TESCOSI for an explanation.

Is there another page in TESCOSI for the archive invaliation??? These links are both corrupted and pages are not opening. http://prntscr.com/mweyts

Didn't Wrye Bash handle this archive invalidation automatically??? I thought I read this somewhere. Does anyone is OR adds this new place in the Hackdirt Caves?? Tried a vanilla game right now and the door(access) for that place is dissapeared.

55 minutes ago, Terrorix said:

Is there another page in TESCOSI for the archive invaliation???

The links are not corrupt, because the site the links goes is a defunct site meaning the site no longer exist.  But I manage to revive both links via the Wayback Machine. :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20150316064754/http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/archiveinvalidation.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150316064754/http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/archiveinvalidation.html

ok,I just reinstalled all mods,yet the problem remains. This "trap door to unknown location" shown in the screenshots is made by MOO(refscope says so).  Perhaps it is a bug in the mod? If I have no use at all for this area,I do not mind having it broken and unplayable but I suspect that there has to do sth with a quest or so,otherwise Maskar wouldn't added it in the 1st place.

My advice to you is to scrap everything and start over by reinstalling Oblivion then launch it just to check if everything is working as it should.

After that follow the instructions on TESCosi for a modded Oblivion.

http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/tescosi/Oblivion

Start with that for now and later you can skip the easiest part if you wish when you have more experience about installing and managing mods. :)

Leo, please don’t direct people to the wayback machine. TESCOSI was moved here, as you know. If the links don’t work, then fix them! It’s a community wiki.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

My advice to you is to scrap everything and start over by reinstalling Oblivion then launch it just to check if everything is working as it should.

After that follow the instructions on TESCosi for a modded Oblivion.

http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/tescosi/Oblivion

Start with that for now and later you can skip the easiest part if you wish when you have more experience about installing and managing mods. :)

Yes,this is what I will do,again. Although the load order was sorted by BOSS and I sorted the install order according to this guide:  http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/tescosi/A_General_Order_for_Installing_Mods_(Oblivion)

But I will read it again,just in case

Anyway,wish me good luck,I need it! :X

Edited by Terrorix

Yes, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul adds random dungeons and extensions to existing dungeons.  The problem is with MOO and MOO alone.  Post in his Nexus page about what you are experiencing--he always responds promptly.  Maskar has seen this problem before.  Check his FAQ there as well.

Your installation order and load order is fine.  BOSS and the guide here won't steer you wrong.

Also, the dungeons added by MOO are random and not essential to any quests.  You can disable them in the INI.  I always do.  I rarely even find loot in the extensions.  A waste, IMHO.

16 minutes ago, Malonn said:

I rarely even find loot in the extensions.  A waste, IMHO.

But is it a waste of time by creating a mod just to correct that, I mean finding loot in those dungeons and extensions in Maskar's mod. :whistle:

10 hours ago, Malonn said:

Yes, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul adds random dungeons and extensions to existing dungeons.  The problem is with MOO and MOO alone.  Post in his Nexus page about what you are experiencing--he always responds promptly.  Maskar has seen this problem before.  Check his FAQ there as well.

Your installation order and load order is fine.  BOSS and the guide here won't steer you wrong.

Also, the dungeons added by MOO are random and not essential to any quests.  You can disable them in the INI.  I always do.  I rarely even find loot in the extensions.  A waste, IMHO.

I sent a pm to Maskar and impeled him to check this thread to understand the problem. I asked him if there is anything I can do to fix it and the answer was that,normally if I reload an older save game before the issue appeared,it would force the game to regenerate the dungeon and fix this. In my case this didn't happen,and so his suggestion was to just skip the dungeon,since it is not essential but just a random dungeon created by his mod(as you say in your post, malonn). So,I will have to live with it. I wonder if I have the same issue with other random dungeons like this:huh:.  Just in case,since I followed Leo's advice and deleted everything related to the game and reinstalled it,I will pay a visit the dungeon in my new game (and hope for the best :frightened:)

And I agree with you about these dungeons being a waste as they stand,currently. Maybe Maskar will add sth in there in a later update.

Posted (edited)

There you  have it, then; coming straight from Maskar.  You're going to have to live with it.  Other dungeons may not have the same problem.  In the brief time I explored those extensions, I never had a single issue.

@Leonardo No.  I wouldn't say creating a mod to "spice up" the dungeons additions added by MOO would be a waste.  I'd never call most mods a waste in general (though there is an exception or two).

Edited by Malonn