• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

Difference between BOSS and LOOT when sorting a loadorder

I have already posted this on AFK Mods, so I thought why not have the same thread here.  Although, I didn't added a unsorted loadorder on AFK Mods.

Not sorted

* 00  Oblivion.esm
* 01  DLCHorseArmor.esp
* 02  DLCOrrery.esp
* 03  DLCFrostcrag.esp
* 04  DLCThievesDen.esp
* 05  DLCSpellTomes.esp
* 06  Knights.esp
* 07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
* 08  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

BOSS

* 00  Oblivion.esm
* 01  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
* 02  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
* 03  DLCThievesDen.esp
* 04  DLCHorseArmor.esp
* 05  DLCOrrery.esp
* 06  DLCSpellTomes.esp
* 07  DLCFrostcrag.esp
* 08  Knights.esp

LOOT

* 00  Oblivion.esm
* 01  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
* 02  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
* 03  DLCThievesDen.esp
* 04  DLCHorseArmor.esp
* 05  DLCOrrery.esp
* 06  DLCSpellTomes.esp
* 07  DLCFrostcrag.esp
* 08  Knights.esp

Note, I gave up trying to mod the Steam version of Oblivion due for various reason e.g stupid application error, some errors with WB as well etc just to mention a few reasons why I gave up trying.

Feel free to post your result of sorting a loadorder, with a lot of mods, in both BOSS and LOOT then post it in this thread just to use it as a reference when updating the masterlist for both BOSS and LOOT. :)

No it doesn’t. Every time someone uses LOOT, they report problems with one of my mods. I tell them to use BOSS and then rebuild their bashed patch and then they’re fine. Stop feeding misinformation.

This conversation is sounding eerily familiar to the old ones that categorically stated LOOT didn't work for Skyrim either and telling people to go back to BOSS for that too :P

Right down to telling people to stop spreading misinformation and even though there was someone at the time who was maintaining the BOSS list for Skyrim. You know what ended up happening? That person realized the only reason they disliked LOOT was because it didn't give them an identical load order to BOSS. The game worked just fine though. People adapt and new tools can prove themselves when given a fair chance.

Yes, I'm sure it could, but even with the minimal one it has now you aren't guaranteed to break something either.

2 hours ago, Malonn said:

What I'm hearing is LOOTs masterlist for Oblivion could use some work.

I've had done little testing and I know LOOT needs to be fixed, otherwise having two or more mods with the same timestamps will not be corrected in LOOT while BOSS is correcting the timestamp for a mod just fine.

I installed Oblivion and 7 DLC, not Mehrunes Razor and Vile Lair, then I sorted the loadorder in LOOT.  The result I got was that there were two DLC with the same timestamp then I sorted the loadorder in BOSS without having two DLC with the same timestamp.

Which means that LOOT does not correct the timestamp for two or more mods properly.  Although, I had manually move one of those mods then the timestamps was unique for the installed DLC I had in my setup.

I consider that a core issue for LOOT, if it's true.  Identical timestamps can probably cause all sorts of weirdness.  And setting the timestamps is the #1 point behind LOOT, so the author needs to fix that.  Leo, you ought to post over at AFK, let WN know.

16 hours ago, Malonn said:

I consider that a core issue for LOOT, if it's true.  Identical timestamps can probably cause all sorts of weirdness.  And setting the timestamps is the #1 point behind LOOT, so the author needs to fix that.  Leo, you ought to post over at AFK, let WN know.

Done.

WrinklyNinja is already a member here. ;)