Sign in to follow this  
1Mac

Conflict between OCO2 and GM's Races Redone

Here's the issue:

Apparently OCO2 does something weird to ear for high elves. Without the plugin, they look all jumbled up and broken. It's not the mesh, as the same issue applies no matter what ear mesh I'm using. I guess it has something to do with egm files, as far as I understand them. At any rate, something in the esp corrects it. So no problem, right? Everything should be okay.

Except I'm also trying to use GM's Races Rebalance, which reverts whatever change the OCO2 plugin makes to correct the problem with ears. Basic cleaning doesn't help. Putting it before OCO2 in my load order does, but then OCO2 overrides the race stats from GM's mod, so that's a pointless solution.

Ideas for solving, based on my very basic understanding of these things:

-Use TES4Edit to delete the offending records from GM's mod, or to make a patch. It'd be nice to know what records I'm looking for, as I couldn't tell just from poking around the race records.

-Add bash tags to one or both mods. Here I'm not sure which tags to try, or which plugin I should be applying them to. I applied all the RACE and BODY type tags that I thought made sense to OCO2, but it didn't work.

I'm hoping y'all's expertise will avail me and help resolve this problem. Thanks!

I'm not familiar with GM's Races Rebalanced so I can't help with tags, but check the records in TES4Edit.  OCOv2 could use some of the race records like mouth and ears.  Then just load the races mod later and you should be good to go.  Build the Patch, of course.

Yep, what Malonn said just load both mods into TES4Edit and compare them for anything that has to do with races e.g ear, eye, hair etc.