• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

[IDEA] Weather Protected Clothing

This is just an idea I got while playing Oblivion and as ususal I often travel on the roads regardless what weather it is.  Sometimes I even visiting the backcountry just to discover new locations and that's to get experience points when using Oblivion XP.

I was thinking if the player didn't use a hood or a helmet when it's raining then the player's stamina regeneration should be slowed down a bit. 

Just to make more immersive in-game while wearing a hood or a helmet the stamina regeneration is not affected by bad weather.

Also, the magicka regeneration should be affected too by slowing it down or even make it stop the magicka regeneration.

Now, I am not a scripter but I think this can be done via a script that's attached to all head items e.g hoods, helmets.

Is it feasible to do this?

43 minutes ago, Malonn said:

It could be done, sure.  You would have to learn to script to accomplish it.

Good. :)

Well, then it's gonna to take some time, probably the rest of my life. :(

36 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Aren’t there mods that do this already, or am I confusing things with Skyrim?

I think you're thinking about the Wet and Cold mod for SSE.  Although, not sure about SLE.

Posted (edited)

There was a Wet and Cold for SLE that I'm aware of.  SSE's version came out later.

If you need help with the scripting, Leo just give me a shout here.  I'll be able to help out.

Edited by Malonn

24 minutes ago, Malonn said:

There was a Wet and Cold for SLE that I'm aware of.  SSE's version came out later.

I know, it is just that I was a bit lazy and found the Wet and Cold mod for SSE. :P

25 minutes ago, Malonn said:

If you need help with the scripting, Leo just give me a shout here.  I'll be able to help out.

That's great, thanks Malonn. :cowboy:

Like I said, I am not a scripter and I really appreciate your offer.  Of course I can test it in my current game.  Do you need to see my current loadorder?

Should you release it then you can take all credit for it. :)

I'm currently playing through a Morroblivion session (never finished Morrowind, and OpenMW is taking too long), so don't have a Oblivion save--you'll have to do all testing.  I'll get something out to you this weekend.

You never finished Morrowind? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Wow, I must say you definitely miss the best main quest, not to mention the depth in a prophecy, when one compare it to Morrowind vs Skyrim.  Of course we are in the same boat so to speak as I never finished Oblivion.

Like I said before, sure I will test it. :cowboy:

Posted (edited)

Actually, I had never played Morrowind until after Oblivion had been out for a few years.  2009 'ish was my first play test of Morrowind.  The combat sucks in vanilla Morrowind, so I prefer to play Morroblivion.

Edited by Malonn
Spelling

5 hours ago, Malonn said:

Actually, I had never played Morrowind until after Oblivion had been out for a few years.  2009 'ish was my first play test of Morrowind. 

I see.

The combat sucks in vanilla Morrowind

Yeah, you can say that again.   Well, I know there is Morrowind Enhanced, which is suppose to let the player be able to block as one do in Oblivion.  Unfortuntely,  MWE is a bit buggy and sometimes difficult to fix at least from what I heard.

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-37-2934

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-37-14559 (Dev Kit)

There’s a shield mod called Shields Up that doesn’t require mwse. Haven’t tried it, but it should make combat a little better. There are other combat mods by the same author that make Morrowind a little more Oblivion-like, but they all require mwse. I’m using OpenMW so can’t use mwse; however, all the Morrowind modders are currently very much into it, so I assume it’s now pretty stable. 2018 was deemed of “the year of mwse,” as it saw the release of a ton of compelling mwse/lua script projects.

I always use a mod that makes combat and spell casting like Oblivion. I’ll see if I can dig up a link if you’re interested. It requires MWSE, but I always use MGE, so it came with MWSE anyway.

6 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

It requires MWSE, but I always use MGE, so it came with MWSE anyway.

Not MGE-XE as it's the successor to MGE.  Of course using MGE doesn't requires any future updates while MGE-XE needs to be updated.

I use MGE-XE nowdays as it is a lot easier to configure it in comparison to MGE.

I see.

Btw...  Have you ever tried the Class Abilities mod before?  If you haven't then try it, I think you might like it as it is similiar to what Oblivion XP does, but in a different way and gaining XP is not what the Class Abilities mod does.

Posted (edited)

I am VERY interested in any mods that fix the horrible combat.  I'd like to play straight Morrowind--really appreciate the game that way--but combat is a show stopper for me.

And Leo, I haven't so much as loaded the CSE.  Been playing F4; picked up my character after 4 weeks off or so.  Quite fun.  I recently bought the DLCs, so would like to play through them before I uninstall the game.

Edited by Malonn
Status update for Leo

I always use a mod that provides Oblivion style combat and magic when I played Morrowind. It required MGE and MWSE. I’ll see if I can dig up the name and link. I suspect it was only available from  PES, but what-cha-ma-call-it might have it. :P 

And Leo, I haven't so much as loaded the CSE.  Been playing F4; picked up my character after 4 weeks off or so.  Quite fun.  I recently bought the DLCs, so would like to play through them before I uninstall the game.

That's okay with me, so take your time as there is no rush. :)

2 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I always use a mod that provides Oblivion style combat and magic when I played Morrowind. It required MGE and MWSE. I’ll see if I can dig up the name and link. I suspect it was only available from  PES, but what-cha-ma-call-it might have it. :P 

You can try to search for it on MMH.

Thanks for being patient, Leo.

AB, the name would be all I need.  I can try and track it down from that.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Well it was called Oblivion Style Spellcasting. It looks like it was done by Fliggerty, so it should be available on his site.

Yep, here is the thread.

http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1114

But due to the current server issue GHF still have, since late Oct 2017, I will include a link to GHF Download, because I'm not sure if the thread link in the mod entry works.

http://download.fliggerty.com/download-110-12