• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Start or not start the MQ is the question, what would you do?

Now, I face the dilemma about get the MQ started or not, especially since I always use Arthmoor's Alternate Start mod along with other mods including some DLC.

Right now, my PC is level 14 and I simple love to do Boethiah's daedric quest and that's to travel into Boethiah's Oblivion realm and fight ten battles with each races.

But now I feel somewhat bored and I can't make up my mind, so what would you do when asking yourself the same question as I've had asked myself.

What would you do?  Start the MQ or not? :shrug:

Then you have to play the MQ because the various build phases won’t start until you complete certain quests. I always do the Kvatch quests at level 5 so I can save as many guards as possible. If you do them later, it’s almost impossible to keep the guards alive because the Daedra are too powerful.

2 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

If you do them later, it’s almost impossible to keep the guards alive because the Daedra are too powerful.

My PC is also powerful, so I guess I could keep the guards alive by healing them during a fight or two. :whistle:

If you've never finished the game, I'd start the main quest.  I don't consider myself to have truly gotten my money's worth out of a game until I beat it.  That's not to say I don't have shit loads of games I haven't finished yet...

A few days ago I finished the MQ for the first time ever and I'll probably never playing through the MQ a second time, because the game engine has too many bugs despite for using the latest UOP. :celebration:

One of these flaws I notice in-game is the use of potions in a fight and I find it ridculus to only allow 5 potions (sometimes it's less than 5 potions due for being affected by another spell effect) to be consumed, if one compared how it works in both Morrowind and Skyrim. :thumbdown:

That's not a bug though. That's an intentionally designed game feature that was meant to limit potion spamming during combat. Clearly it worked :P

A bug or not a bug.  That doesn't change my opinion about using potions in Oblivion when I compare how it was in Morrowind or Skyrim.

Like almost everything else you don’t like about the game, there is a mod to change that. :P I use Supreme Magicka, which allows me to customize the number. Having said that, I rarely use potions and use spells instead, which is once again more feasible with SM.

Yes, Leo, you opinion was noted and recognized, but your conclusion is what I was pointing out the flaw it. "I don't like it" does not constitute a bug.

Cuz hardcore roleplayers don't allow you to down 5 potions during a sword swing by a goblin in order to bring your health back up to survive.

lol, yes, but simple logic should prevent that as well just due to the amount of time that should be passing. :P

On 4/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, AndalayBay said:

If you do them later, it’s almost impossible to keep the guards alive because the Daedra are too powerful.

That awful moment when you realise you're alone because everyone is dead is something I never get used to with the battle for Kavatch.  When the 3 Imperial legion guys turn up offering to help I want to tell them to go away because in 15 minutes time you'll all be DEAD if you don't leave now.

Posted (edited)

I actually like the main quest and I find it to be a different kind of challenge each time depending on the character I'm playing.  I roleplay my characters so that alone makes for a difference each time I do the MQ.  I have a bad habit of playing custom risen unDead characters of my own devising and even then they certainly aren't the same.

I does amuse me slightly with the MQ that sometimes the hero player character must be about to collapse on the floor  at Cloud Ruler Temple after coming back from a 'fetch' job and immediately they get told 'Go fetch a whisker from god's beard,' or something else almost as challenging before they have a chance to catch their breath. 

Edited by RatTech2099
can't spell for toffee