• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Terrorix

CTDs due to streamline(???)

So, after a few days of fun playing a modded Oblivion without any serious problems,I decided to add a couple more(minor) mods to my game.

In order to avoid any problem,I decided to uninstall and reinstall from scratch all the mods I was using with the addition mods to the according places(install order). Everything worked as it should,sorted load order with BOSS,rebuilt the bash patch and used TES4LODGen in the end. So far so good.

While trying to play from my last saved game,however,I experienced CTD when I was trying to travel to frostcrag Spire.I thought it might be a corrupted saved game,so I loaded the previous one which had a fair distanced in game-time from the 1st one. Again,I experienced a CTD but not while trying to fast-travel but when I was waiting(specifically,after th 7th hour,the game crushed). I went to the third one and in general,I tried around 10 saved games with different game-times and with a good amount of time distance between one another to see if the problem persisted and unfortunately,it does. The wierd thing is, I get a CTD while doing a different action from the rest of the saves I tried. Sometimes the game crushed on fast-travel(frostcrag was an example,I experienced CTDs on several locations,including weynon priory,weye in,Anvil stables and others)others on wait and others when I tried to sell items to a merchant,the one who sells the deepscorn hollow deeds(do not remember his name)-didn't try to sell stuff to other vendors. 

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause-or causes- of these CTDs? I checked the install and load order from after I added the new mods and from before I add them and it matches. I also checked the files from the saved games in Wrye Bash and everything seems to be in order. So,what now?? Is there any other way to check what and where is the problem? Note that I tried to load both streamsaves and Oblivion saved games and the results were the same in every case.

Streamline can cause CTD’s. I don’t use it because I never got any benefit from it and I experienced CTD’s. Specifically, it can be a problem if you mess with the advanced heap settings. It really depends on your configuration. If I recall correctly, Arthmoor was able to configure it with advanced settings and it really helped his game.

You may have to uninstall mods one by one until you find the culprit.  It's hard to say based on your OP alone.  Give us a load order.  Maybe a mod will jump out at one of us.  Before looking, I will say stay away from Reneer's Guard Overhaul (it just popped in my head)--it is a CTD machine.

Posted (edited)

Ok,I think I found the problem. It must be this mod: More Guards (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18252). I am not sure with which mod it conflicts about after removing it the game runs without problems(so far,at least).This was one of the new mods I added. I wasn't expecting it to be a problem since the author never mentioned any compatibility issues in the description. In the begging,I thought there was sth wrong with streamline since it was the only mod that I was missing after the installation of the new mods and even after installing the problem remained(I could say I had more ofter CTDs than before but I could be wrong) and that's why I was wondring about streamline. 

In any case,here's my load order(maybe there is another problem in one of my mods that I haven't dscovered yet): 1)http://prntscr.com/nde3b8 ,  2) http://prntscr.com/nde3jz,  3) http://prntscr.com/nde3pb 

Btw,thank you for the info about Reneer's Guard Overhaul,Malonn,I was thinking to try that mod,too. Will stay away from it unless there is an update earlier.

Anda,I am staying away from anything is "advanced" in any kind of settings in mods,unless it is sth I want really bad but I have to have at least a general idea of what I am doing before I start changing things here and there. Thanks for your advice anyway. Perhaps I will avoid it once I start playing in my new computer in a few days.

Edited by Terrorix

Thanks,Anda. Here it is:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.38]
02  Knights - Revelation.esm
03  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.6]
04  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
05  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
07  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
08  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.38]
09  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.38]
0A  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.8.1]
0B  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.38]
0C  WindowLightingSystem.esp
0D  OBSE Test Plugin.esp
**  VA_BetterGold.esp
0E  Crowded Roads Revisited.esp  [Version 1.1]
0F  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
10  OblivionReloaded.esp
11  Streamline 3.1.esp
12  Dynamic Map.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
13  DLCHorseArmor.esp
14  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
15  DLCOrrery.esp
16  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
17  DLCVileLair.esp
18  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
19  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
1A  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
1B  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  Banes Steel Helm Replacer.esp
1C  CapesandCloaks.esp
1D  Immersive Weapons.esp
1E  ImperialPalaceArmor.esp
1F  SomewhatRealisticSwords.esp
20  DLCThievesDen.esp
21  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
22  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
23  Harvest[Containers].esp
24  BladesSmithySTANDARD.esp
25  KnightlyArmory.esp
26  Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp  [Version 3.41]
27  BDBS - Brighter Interiors.esp  [Version 3.41]
28  BHC_Expanded.esp  [Version 1.2]
29  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0RC1]
2A  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
2B  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
2C  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
2D  DLCFrostcrag.esp
2E  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
2F  Knights.esp
30  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
31  Knights - Revelation.esp
32  ReclaimSancreTor.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
33  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
34  Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
35  Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp  [Version 1.2.5]
++  BetterBladesArmor.esp
36  ImperialDragonHeavyShield - Greater - No Enchantments.esp
37  OblivionRacesUnlocked3.5.esp
38  P1DkeyChain.esp  [Version 5.00]
++  Room207RemodeledSteelArmorBodybuilder.esp
++  Legion Armor Revised Clear English.esp
39  Skill Perk Descriptions.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  strTrollfstaffreplacer.esp
3A  Basic Physical Activities.esp  [Version 1.3]
3B  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.1.2]
3C  Oblivion XP.esp
3D  HAZeatanimations.esp
3E  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  OCO_DLCHorseArmor_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCOrrery_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCMehrunesRazor_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCThievesDen_Patch.esp
++  OCO_KvatchRebuilt_Patch.esp
++  OCO_KnightsOTN_Patch.esp
++  Knights OCO AI Packages.esp
++  OCO DLC Faces.esp
++  OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.38]
3F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
40  DLCHorseArmor OCOv2 patch.esp
41  Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp  [Version 4.9.3]

I see you have two esp that aren't necessary to be activated and one of them is totally a waste of a slot.  IIRC both of them should be safe to remove, but remember to rebuild the bashed patch and re-launch the TES4LODGen before launching Oblivion.

The first one is already covered in the tweak settings in the bashed batch and the second one is only needed if you have trouble with the sound in-game.

You also use both Oblivion XP and OR, which will cause issues when you want to wait in-game or want to level up without sleeping in a bed.

I found Streamline stable(ish) with this setup:

Spoiler

===================================================================================
; [Main Features Settings]                 Toggle Streamline Features (1=on, 0=off)
;===================================================================================
set SLv.Purging               to       0  ; Turn on Streampurge?  (cache purging)
set SLv.FPSsmoothing          to       1  ; Turn on Streamsmooth? (FPS smoothing)
set SLv.Streamsaving          to       0  ; Turn on Streamsaving? (timed autosaves)
set SLv.Streamsight           to       1  ; Turn on Streamsight?  (FPS enhancer)

;===================================================================================
; [Streampurge Settings]                    An automated cache-cleaner for Oblivion
set SLh.SLmode                to       5  ; Memory Purge Mode (1-6)  (Default: 3)
                                          ;  Lower # = faster, higher # = slower
set SLv.PurgeOnTravel         to       0  ; Purge memory on travel & zone?
set SLv.PurgeOnWait           to       1  ; Purge memory when character waits?
set SLv.PurgeOnSleep          to       1  ; Purge memory when character sleeps?

; [Streamsmooth FPS Settings]              Acceptable Minimum FPS & Detail Settings
set SLfpsmon.High             to      35  ; Highest minimum FPS  (top of range)
set SLfpsmon.Low              to      10  ; Lowest minimum FPS   (bottom of range)
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
set SLv.maxVLOD               to     100  ; Highest overall level of detail (%)
                                          ;  Default: 100    (Max: 100)
set SLv.minVLOD               to      50  ; Lowest overall level of detail (%)
                                          ;  Default:  0     (Min: 0)
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
set SLv.CombatFPS             to     2.0  ; The number of FPS added to the min/max 
                                          ;  range when combat is happening nearby
set SLv.FPSmoninterval        to       6  ; Update interval for FPS smoothing
                                          ;  (Number of updates per second)
                                          ;  Faster updates = smoother performance
                                          ;  Smoother performance = more CPU usage
                                          ;  Default: 6/sec
set SLv.sensitivity           to     6.0  ; Sensitivity to changes  (Default: 7.0)
                                          ;  This is a relative number representing
                                          ;  how fast Streamsmooth tries to adjust
                                          ;  details to reach your FPS range.
                                          ;  Lower numbers = faster changes

; [Streamsmooth Visual Categories]         What can Streamsmooth change on-the-fly?
set SLv.setDetail             to       1  ; LOD Detail, Specular, etc.
set SLv.setGrass              to       0  ; Grass density, range, etc
set SLv.setTrees              to       0  ; Tree detail, range, etc
set SLv.setLightShadow        to       1  ; Shadow number & range, etc.
set SLv.setObjects            to       1  ; Actors, Objects & Items distances
set SLv.setWater              to       0  ; Water details & reflections

; [Streamsave Settings]                                    Streamsave configuration
set SLv.SaveTimer             to      10  ; Autosave interval (in actual minutes)
set SLv.NumSaveSlots          to      15  ; Number of save slots to use (Max: 60)
set SLv.DuringCombat          to       0  ; Allow save during combat?
set SLv.WhileYielding         to       0  ; Allow save while yielding?
set SLv.DangerousArea         to       0  ; Allow save in dangerous environment?
set SLv.AllowTrespass         to       0  ; Allow saving while trespassing?
set SLv.AllowSwimming         to       0  ; Allow saving while swimming?
set SLv.AllowSneaking         to       0  ; Allow saving while sneaking?
set SLv.AllowWeapon           to       0  ; Allow saving while weapon out?
set SLv.AfterCombat           to       1  ; Force a save after each combat ends?
set SLv.InteriorOnly          to       0  ; Save only when indoors?
set SLv.WhenIdleOnly          to       0  ; Save only when character is idle?
set SLv.AfterZone             to       0  ; Save after fast-travel or door use?
set SLv.AfterWaitSleep        to       0  ; Save after waiting or sleeping?
set SLv.PlaySoundOnSave       to       1  ; Play a sound on save?
set SLv.GagAutoSaves          to       0  ; Prevent an on-screen save message?
set SLv.SaveReminders         to       0  ; Use Save Reminders instead of autosaves?
set SLv.UseLiteReminders      to       0  ; Use messages (upper left area of screen)
                                          ; instead of message boxes?
                                          ; Note: requires SaveReminders enabled
set SLv.SecureAutoSaves       to       0  ; Use menumode to produce a secure
                                          ; autosave instead of using save slots?
                                          ; Note: disables multiple save slots!
set SLv.LowHealth             to       0  ; Allow save while health low?
set SLv.LowHealthThreshold    to    0.20  ; Don't save when health lower than x%
                                          ;  0.20 = 20%
set SLv.SaveBeforeFastQuit    to       0  ; Do a Streamsave before a Fast-Quit?
set SLv.PurgeBeforeSave       to       1  ; Do a purge before a Streamsave?
                                          ;  Can help with stability of saving

; [Streamsight Settings]                          Refer to documentation for values
set SLv.MinDistanceFog        to   17000  ; Min distance before fog starts (0%)
set SLv.MaxDistanceFog        to  71000   ; Max distance before fog ends (100%)
set SLv.MinWaterFog           to       0  ; Min distance before water fog starts
set SLv.MaxWaterFog           to    2500  ; Max distance before water fog ends
set SLv.WeatherUnsticker      to       0  ; Leave set at 1 unless you use a
                                          ;  scripted weather mod
set SLv.ExtremeClipping       to       0  ; Turn on clipping behind distant fog?
                                          ;  Gains FPS, but can cause some
                                          ;  clipping of distant mountains
set SLv.ClipMin               to   40000  ; Range under which clipping will stop
set SLv.FogUpdateFrequency    to       6  ; Speed control for fog updates (1 - 10)
                                          ;  # of updates per sec     (Default: 6)

; [Miscellaneous Settings]                       Other misc settings for Streamline
set SLv.slFOVauto             to       0  ; Can Streamline automatically alter FOV?
set SLfov                     to      75  ; Field of View (FOV) Angle desired
set SLv.FOVInDialogs          to       0  ; Allow FOV changes during chat dialogs?
                                          ;  Note: FOV changes work in 1st person
                                          ;  gameplay only
set SLKillCorpses             to       0  ; De-crucifies standing, dead actors
set SLv.MinKillDistance       to    6000  ; Minimum distance from player a corpse
                                          ;  needs to be for KillCorpses to work
                                          ;  on it.  (Default: 6000)
set SLdebug                   to       0  ; Turn on/off debug messages in console
                                          ;  Debug level 1: Standard messages
                                          ;  Debug level 2: Detailed messages
                                          ;  Note: Debug level 2 can adversely
                                          ;        affect FPS performance, but
                                          ;        is highly detailed.
                                          ;  (requires SL's debug esp to work)

From memory there were issues with Streamsaving and Purging.

1 hour ago, AndalayBay said:

I believe the Citadel door fix is also available via a Bash tweak. 

I don't recall I seen that before.  Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

8 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I see you have two esp that aren't necessary to be activated and one of them is totally a waste of a slot.  IIRC both of them should be safe to remove, but remember to rebuild the bashed patch and re-launch the TES4LODGen before launching Oblivion.

The first one is already covered in the tweak settings in the bashed batch and the second one is only needed if you have trouble with the sound in-game.

You also use both Oblivion XP and OR, which will cause issues when you want to wait in-game or want to level up without sleeping in a bed.

Ok,I will make sure to remove them to save some space.

About Oblivion XP and OR, I must say here that,despite having read the conflicts/issues section in Oblivion XP readme,I tested multiple times to see if I am able to level up with the "rest" feature activated in OR .ini and so far,it works just fine. I have no trouble at all leveling up and resting in the game. Is it possible the authors fixed this little problem and they forgot to mention it??? Or am I just that lucky that these two in combination don't cause me any trouble,at least so far/.

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I don't recall I seen that before.  Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Yes, for the  Vampire Aging & Face Fix there's this:

To save a slot, this mod can be safely merged with the main UOP ESP or another ESP that is dependent only on Oblivion.ESM.

But nothing like that for the Citadel Door fix.

7 hours ago, Terrorix said:

About Oblivion XP and OR, I must say here that,despite having read the conflicts/issues section in Oblivion XP readme,I tested multiple times to see if I am able to level up with the "rest" feature activated in OR .ini and so far,it works just fine. I have no trouble at all leveling up and resting in the game. Is it possible the authors fixed this little problem and they forgot to mention it??? Or am I just that lucky that these two in combination don't cause me any trouble,at least so far/.

You must have followed the instructions in the Oblivion XP readme. :) I tell people how to make OR compatible. I wish Leo would stop saying you can't use OR with Ob XP. :rolleyes:

If you're not sure, have a look at the compatibility section in the Ob XP readme.