• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

4Gb Patch

How do I use it and I need to use it for Oblivion, otherwise I won't be able to play Pelletine? :unsure:

I've use it for Morrowind, but that was a long time ago and now I don't remember how.

It does help a heavily modded Oblivion game.  Oblivion will consistently crash once it uses over 2GB without the patch--I've seen a video of it.

As far as how to use it: just apply the patch to the exe.

It won't work and I've tried to do that to death and I all get is a "Can't open an executable" message every time I tried.

That won't work and the hosted 4 Gb Patch mod page on Nexus doesn't help either since the description doesn't mention how, what command, one need to use or type in the Windows Run (WinLogo+R).

Also, if it matters I have disabled UAC and have Oblivion installed on a different partition than C.  Which also applies for the Steam version.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

As Malonn said, just run the program (4GB patch program) and pick Oblivion.exe as the program to apply it to.

That will only work if one run the 4 Gb Patch as an administrator, which I just did and now it worked. :D

Nope, Oblivion.exe still choke. :(

I give up for this time and I'll probably never get the chance to play Pelletine in my current game since I refuse to install Pelletine in a new game.

Edited by Leonardo