• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

Interest Rates

The problem with low interest rates is the effect on investment. We’re heading into another recession though with the protectionist governments, so they will probably have to lower interest rates again.

How low can they go? There is an impetus in many large financial organizations to do away with interest altogether, and just charge for the upkeep & maintenance of accounts. If one wants interest, go with an investment bank or buy bonds.

If we become completely cashless, then no more money under the pillow. And retrenched mint workers lining up on the cashless dole queues!

Yeah you do wonder how the system keeps going. We do have a bit of room for lower rates. The Bank of Canada raised rates a couple of times in the past couple of years. It's just when Trump started his shit that we've had to look at lowering them again.

We don't have any of our retirement savings in interest accounts. Some are in bonds, but most are other kinds of investments. I don't know all the details because we have a financial advisor who looks after everything. :P We have some stocks, but our advisor stays clear of anything volatile.

Sign in to follow this