Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

Apple's iPhones are not safe

I don’t believe that article. It’s basically an ad for their anti-virus software, which I’ve never heard of. Be careful when sites don’t state facts or list references. Those are the first signs of fake news.

Have you ever heard of Panda Security before? :blink:

Man, let me tell you that Panda is probably the only security company out there that offers a free online virus scanning (former known as PandaActiveScan) and Panda have existed for more than 20 years.

Back in the late 90's, around 1998 or 1999, I used Panda Titanum and Sygate (not Panda and that's a good firewall) without having a single virus attack.

Don't think I've ever heard of Panda either, but if they're for Apple devices then that's no surprise.

Panda Security has been putting out a legit antivirus product for PC for years. They're not the most well known company but they're not driveby spammers either.

True, although a few years ago said AV was tricked into eating its own updater - effectively crippling the program and preventing it from being uninstalled.

Anyway - heard about this at work last week. In other news, Intel CPU's are overheated security trainwrecks.

15 minutes ago, Sigurd Stormhand said:

In other news, Intel CPU's are overheated security trainwrecks.

Are you referring to this?

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Panda Security has been putting out a legit antivirus product for PC for years.

What I really liked with Panda is their virus scan lab service in which one can send a suspicious virus infected file(s) to be examined then in less than a hour IIRC one will know for sure whether the file is virus infected or not.

Edited by Leonardo

Good to know about Panda. I’ve never heard of them before. The way they presented the article was odd to me and then they had the ad for their anti-virus software at the bottom. I just think they should be more unbiased if they are reporting news like that. As Sigurd said, this was first reported at least a week ago and we got the updates a few days ago, perhaps even a week. I don’t install updates right away because they often include features and changes that I don’t like.